Getting in touch with Singlepower?
Jun 28, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I agree...the right place for much of the discussion in this thread is the feedback forum.

So why is it still here?
confused.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
Who reads that?
confused.gif
The person is asking how do I get a hold of Singlepower (0riginal question) now he thinks he is going to get a new amp built from singlepower
biggrin.gif
in 2 weeks. (so some of us who have had to wait way more than 2 months are thinking no way
rolleyes.gif
so we tell everyone it may take longer.)

I love Mikhail and just a week ago he told me 6 weeks wait on a new Supra and wait to send my MPX3 in for a up grade to an SE for a week.

This seems like the perfect place for this kind of thing.

PS, Hi Tom.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

If you bothered reading who I was responding to, it was the individual (not the thread starter) who basically wrote a negative feedback on how his purchase was handled by Mikhail. That should have gone to the feedback forum, not here. The rest of you who followed by agreeing markmaxx's comment should also go back and re-read the first page...carefully this time.

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123
LOL, "Hush your mouth" ?? I think not... when you pay good money. You should receive "good" service. He was FAR from providing good service on my purchase. His customer service standard are on the order of not even existing...

I should not have to call to find out status of a unit. He should have no problem taking two seconds out of his day to respond to an email. The ONLY time he responded to any email was when I was asking about options... Once he got my money he never responded to another one that I remember.

I should not be lied to multiple times about when an item will ship. I should not of had to ask for my money back just to even get it shipped. He should of provided a new tube and the receipt as to which he promised. And for what I paid I should not of gotten a scratched unit.

He needs some basic customer service skills. Period. I have gotten WAY better service from the Chinese gentlemen I bought amps from and they are thousands of miles away!

To be honest, it is his loss in the long run. I love upgrading my toy's and at this point I would not even consider buying another amp from him.

Big bucks - I shelled out big bucks for my amp, and of course I had to wait. Why would you expect otherwise? You're getting a custom amplifier, and it needs to be tweaked to your needs - if you're looking for a quick and sloppy job then look elsewhere, like China, as you mentioned. To assume a fast turnaround is absurd, as it's not an assembly line product.

I don't think Mikhail lies about shipping - rather, I think he gets too caught up on each individual unit. He's a perfectionist, and it shows. Quite possibly, he told you it was going to ship on, say, Friday, but then gets around to listening to the amp a bit more Thursday and decides that it's not up to par, and delays it.

He does need to work on his e-mailing skills (he's steadily improving, it seems), but he's always there on the phone, ready to spend anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours talking to you. If you're too lazy to phone him, then it's your own fault..

To say that his customer service sucks when he bends over backwards for his customers is.. uhh.. stupid.

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
If you bothered reading who I was responding to, it was the individual (not the thread starter) who basically wrote a negative feedback on how his purchase was handled by Mikhail. That should have gone to the feedback forum, not here. The rest of you who followed by agreeing markmaxx's comment should also go back and re-read the first page...carefully this time.

Seems clear to me that this thread has "evolved", hence the changing discussion topic (from contact methods to levels of customer service). That is a normal part of forum discussion, that I've witnessed here and on many other forums. And you see that, as a result, comments are being directed around the evolution rather than original subject.

But yes the original question was answered early on, which is that Mikhail much prefers the phone as the primary method of communication.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarconiSalad
RE: Where to post

I agree:

"Who reads that?"

A handful of manufacturers command a major presence in this Amplification forum. It is not in the best interest of the manufacturers or consumers to bury comments that reflect the true reality of extended delivery dates or problems with understaffed and inexperienced customer service people.

That being said, I agree with hungrych and I wonder why the discussions about CS are still remaining in this thread.

It is worthy of note that recently, a thread that basically dealt with the level of customer service from another reputable company (atleast in the eyes of head fi) was deleted with the caveat from a moderator to keep such comments to the feedback forum. Luckily the poster in question did copy his comments in that person/company's feedback thread.

So while your (ie: MarconiSalad's) sentiments are understandable, it seems that the moderators/Jude feels otherwise about where such comments shoud go.

Jun 28, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #36 of 48
Emphasis (in red) is mine:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
It is worthy of note that recently, a thread that basically dealt with the level of customer service from another reputable company (at least in the eyes of head fi) was deleted with the caveat from a moderator to keep such comments to the feedback forum. Luckily the poster in question did copy his comments in that person/company's feedback thread.

So while your (ie: MarconiSalad's) sentiments are understandable, it seems that the moderators/Jude feels otherwise about where such comments shoud go.

This is a lot to get my arms around, so let's try to look at this bit by bit:

I'm pretty sure that I know the thread of which you are speaking. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was different than this one in that the thread starter wanted to post something more suited to a feedback thread in the amp forum. This is easy clean-up: the post goes to the feedback forum and that's the end of it. There is no "luck" involved.

BTW - your comment seems to imply some kind of intent. I'll assume that it was nothing more than poorly chosen words and that you meant nothing by it for the moment.

As you also noted, this thread started out in one place, and moved to another. We're discussing right now how to deal with stuff like this, but it presents some difficult issues. Should we simply delete this thread (and others like it...and there ARE others) alltogether, or simply any and all posts critical of this (or any) vendor, with the directive that all such posts must be made in a feedback thread? That becomes a bit much to manage when your forum has more than 5 or 6 people logged on at a time, don't you think?

I'm leaning towards stuff like this being exclusively in the feedback thread, but as you can see it's not easy to administer. As I said, we're discussing it right now.

This thread frankly presents some sticky issues. This is not the first time that this issue has come up, and there are some folks who feel pretty strongly that this discussion ought to be had in a more public arena (e.g. an amp forum). The last such thread, BTW, was in fact locked...which is where this one may end up before long. Like I said, we're talking about it right now.

We've had other instances where SEVERE customer service issues came up, and we permitted the discussion to occur in areas other than the feedback forum (with stickies in the feedback forum to give special attention). To be clear: I'm not saying this is one of those instances...just making the case that it's not so easy to be completely black or white in these circumstances about what goes where. It's even more difficult when a thread evolves one way or another, as opposed to an opening post that clearly belongs in a feedback thread.

That said, as you apparently feel at ease speaking for the moderators, please note the following:

Quote:

I agree...the right place for much of the discussion in this thread is the feedback forum.

BTW - I still feel that way. That said, we have lots and lots of discussion about reliability issues. Does this belong in the amp forum, or the feedback forum? What about posts relating to resolution of these issues? Again, it's not so black and white, now is it??

I know it's easy to be critical sometimes. It's a big forum, and a lot goes on behind the scenes that ordinary members never even see. As a moderator who has made a point that much of this discussion belongs in the feedback forum, it would be nice to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Jun 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that I know the thread of which you are speaking. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was different than this one in that the thread starter wanted to post something more suited to a feedback thread in the amp forum.

Why should that make a difference?

Quote:

This is easy clean-up: the post goes to the feedback forum and that's the end of it. There is no "luck" involved.

So why hasn't it here?

Jun 28, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #38 of 48
As I am sure that you wish to give us the benefit of the doubt, I'd ask that you re-read my post. Both your questions were answered there.

To restate: I think that it DOES make a difference when someone wants to effectively start a feedback thread in a regular forum, vs a thread that evolves in that direction as this one has. You apparently don't, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...and we may end up in the same place in the end. As I said, we're talking about it right now.

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

It is worthy of note that recently, a thread that basically dealt with the level of customer service from another reputable company (atleast in the eyes of head fi) was deleted with the caveat from a moderator to keep such comments to the feedback forum. Luckily the poster in question did copy his comments in that person/company's feedback thread.

Since I was the moderator that took that action I will address it. When I moved the thread to the Feedback forum I intended to leave it initially as it's own thread in that forum with a re-direct in the Amplification Forum. The reason was so that people who were looking for it would see the re-direct and could read what was said in the thread. The idea was to then move it to Ray's feedback thread after a period of time past. I felt this would be the best way for what was being said would get the most exposure. As usual, there are those who want to assume the worst instead of cutting us a little slack. (this rest of this post is not directed to PFKMan23)

As Tom has said, this is an issue we are discussing at the moment. These questions are never as cut and dry as some may think. I lean towards this being a feedback issue. As someone else said, if Mikhail doesn't have feedback in a while then perhaps people should be posting feedback. The feedback forum should be a resource for members to use to assist when making a purchase decision.

Having said this, Singlepower is a small business making custom amps. As others have said already, the amp is not coming off an assembly line. He apparently takes great care in what he builds and this takes time. If you have a problem relative to delivery time, call him and discuss it with him. He is the only one that can solve your problem.

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #40 of 48
Honestly. There wasn't any intent on my part, atleast not anything within the context of the post that I made.. I just have observed some things, which I think are notable, especially given the type of turn that this thread has taken and with the questions that some posters have raised. It seemed logical that the previous acts of the staff in instances such as these were useful pieces of info to say.

And yes I apologize for making the incorrect assumption.

However, I still think that the general basis is simple. Feedback posts and issues and views of customer service seem to be suited to the feedback forum. Atleast that's how I've seen things done before on this site and isn't that what it's there for anyways? If not why not create a "vendor feedback" forum so that the feedback for the wendors doesn't get cluttered with the general private user feedback? That seems to be a easy solution. If that's not the case then why even have vendor feedback threads? If you're worried they will get buried then why not create another forum to avoid that very problem?

Of course in the very least as you have poitend out there are many issues that have been raised. If anything the staff does need to hash this out becasuse it's fairly confusing for the members, as you've seen here...

But I guess given that the thread evolved rather than started out as a feedback thread, it's ok right? Maybe in the very least we can get something answered to that end.

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

But I guess given that the thread evolved rather than started out as a feedback thread, it's ok right? Maybe in the very least we can get something answered to that end.

You don't need to go all bold and underlined on me...I can read it.
wink.gif

Please be a bit more patient...we're working on it right now.

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

.... If not why not create a "vendor feedback" forum so that the feedback for the wendors doesn't get cluttered with the general private user feedback? That seems to be a easy solution. If that's not the case then why even have vendor feedback threads? If you're worried they will get buried then why not create another forum to avoid that very problem?

PFKMan23 - great suggestion!

I am a relatively new user on this board and was not aware of the feedback forum until the previous discussion on this subject was posted on the amplification forum. It is obvious that the moderators have worked hard to keep this board organic and flexible to the needs of its users, and have established it as one of the most enjoyable to daily use and peruse.

Jun 29, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #43 of 48
So last night I am listening to my new Single Power PPX3-6SN7.... after just rolling in a second set of tubes when my son brings me my cell phone.... On the phone is a number I do not recognize so I ignore it. No more then a minute after putting the phone down it beeps again with a text message with just the number that had called.

Seeing as this person really wanted to get a hold of me I called them back. To my surprise it was Mikhail. He introduced himself politely and immediately apologized for the way he and his company handled my purchase. He also apologized for the fact that I was dissatisfied enough to post my concerns on Head-fi forum. He also was adamant about letting me know he dropped the ball on my last call to him... He knows he should of addressed the problems then and there.

I must say we talked for quite awhile about his products, his company and how it is growing etc... I mentioned to him a few companies who's business model he might want to look into (Harley Davidson being one) I mean hell, look at how many people will plop down serious cash and wait and wait and wait to get a motorcycles from them. Why, because they make a great product and communicate with their customers while they are doing it.

What was funny is Mikhail told me his wife just the other day mentioned HD to him as a company to study. Small world I guess.

So any way... Mikhail promised to get me my replacement tube and my invoice out. He even offered to replace the amp because of the scratches on the top. I declined, (even though I have no doubt he would of). I figure I can take some rubbing compound and make it look better and also I don't want to give my amp up!!!

So., should he follow through, he will have me as a customer for life. I felt MUCH better that he took the time to make a phone call. I still don't understand his dislike of email though... it is SO much faster then listening to people on the phone at times. A lot of my concerns could of been taken care of with a quick one line response in an email and a quick follow up after everything was done.

I truly hope he gets his customer service issues in check. He is a hell of a guy and makes some great products. I truly wish him the best of luck with his life and his business.

I will post if I get what he promised.

Jun 29, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #44 of 48
Good to hear that Mikhail is aware of your issue and has promised to make good on the porblems you had. I think all of us who have worked with him know him to be a guy who is just absolutely passionate about his products and really strives to create something that a customer is happy with. From a personal point of view, I know that problems pop up in every business now and then. What's important is how they get rectified.

After all is said and done, if the only "knock" that can be said about Mikhail and Singlepower is that the shipping estimates are often underestimated, then you know that they are truly something special. The amps aren't cheap, but custom BTO takes effort and care, not to mention the fact that you're getting something tuned to your listening tastes and associated equipment. The turnaround isn't next day, but craftsmanship takes effort and their trading off individualized attention for cookie cutter, assembly line efficiency. From start to finish, it's clear that Mikhail makes every effort to ensure that the finished product exceeds expectations.

I'm stoked about my amp. I'll have to burn it in after I get it, but the headphones will have to as well so they can do that together. Hmm, I wonder if leaving a tube amp on 24/7 for several days straight is ok?
biggrin.gif

Jeff

Jun 30, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #45 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123
So., should he follow through, he will have me as a customer for life. I felt MUCH better that he took the time to make a phone call. I still don't understand his dislike of email though...

Maybe because he has to answer hundreds of them?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back