getting flak for getting hd595, ad700, m50 and not bose or beats
Dec 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

phantasmor

Head-Fier
I have tried over and over to explain why these are better than beats or Bose but to no avail. They keep saying that because I have not tried those I can not say anything about them even though no one else in my house has and I ACTUALLY HAVE! I try to explain the superior sound quality of my headphones but they say it is just subjective and there are no hard numbers on sound quality even though I try to show charts with the frequency response and they have actually listened to my headphones but not for a prolonged period. Short of actually buying some beats and some Bose headphones what can I do to prove that mine are superior?

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 31
Just ignore them and be happy with what you got

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 31
did you let them try out what you have?
 Alternately you could print up some basic business cards with this website address on it and simply chuckle, hand them one saying "be careful there..." ( then they WILL look here )  and walk away to save yourself the need to speak further.( and feel sorry for them as you walk away )

or tell them there was a massive audiophile comparison with over a million views here...  almost close to the truth

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 31

Quote:
what can I do to prove that mine are superior?

The kind of people only convinced by a nice price, and perhaps some advertising. Also if you are using a bad source for your headphones, off course you won't convince anyone, when letting people test. I  think also that liking the hd595 is also "acquired test"  (where's the bass ?) .  For a fast test, Bose & Beats might win (because people would be impressed by the colored sound, but won't realize that all music will sound the same).

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 31
I think what's more alarming is that your family does not support your choice nor value your acquired knowledge over that of a television commercial created for the sole purpose of moving product. 
blink.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 31

Quote:
I think what's more alarming is that your family does not support your choice nor value your acquired knowledge over that of a television commercial created for the sole purpose of moving product. 
blink.gif

But ... But, they said on the advertising that Bose are the best ! How could they dare saying this, if that's not true ?
And that was so much repeated !  And the advertising is so well done ! Bose products must be as good, for sure !

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #11 of 31
You're not alone. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats

biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 31
It is just subjective, live with it.  Move on, stop trying to convert/convince people, particularly your family that are probably just winding you up anyway.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #14 of 31
Ignorance is bliss.....

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 31
Who started it? If it was you, then you shouldn't have done that. Just leave them be and listen to your music. If it was the other way around, then I'd probably say "let me guess, you believe everything the commercials and ads tell you as you would believe everything the media and government tells you?"
wink_face.gif
"But hey since you're doing those companies a huge favor by buying their products and helping their bottom line (by a lot), I suggest you keep buying their products so you can at least keep people employed!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back