Get your D2000s before they go extinct. $211 shipped.
Mar 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #49 of 58
Yup thats what i also heard the Farty bass... unamped, but perhaps it just provides more extension to the bass there are more of it, more details etc...

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by as.we.proceed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that depends on what type of music you listen to.

Mainly Metal. Progressive, Melodic Death, Death, Thrash, etc. My taste has a pretty broad range though.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

oh i hear bass from an audigy, its just soft and not as hard hitting compared to a ultrasone. i dont think an amp can change the character of the headphone to much, just improve it. im getting a dt 770 80ohm next to compare them side by side. then maybe ill get one of these to see what difference both of them exhibit Amplifier : Soundwise USA :: Affordable High-Quality Soundwise Earphones

I see what your saying now about an amp not changing the character but improving it and agree with you.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gensou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any good amps out there I can get to go with my D2000s without breaking the bank?

EF1 is $299, Compass $258 (closer to $300 with shipping) several threads on fire right now on this very subject, I would look for someone that has them in their profile and ask them what they use.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #55 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooemu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you know if they are an authorized seller or not?

is audioblowouts.com?

these are the current authorized web resellers (from Denon's site): Denon USA | Authorized Online E-Tailers

not that you can't buy from others, but given that some buyers have encountered build quality issues, do you want to take the risk? nevermind that my d1000 couldn't survive one friendly punt across the room...

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #56 of 58
no thanks. if i dont like the sound signature of the denons to begin with, i'll just return it and get something else i like with tighter bass. not open up $250+ headphones, mod it and then say bye to my 2 year warranty.

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #57 of 58
Quote:

no thanks. if i dont like the sound signature of the denons to begin with, i'll just return it and get something else i like with tighter bass. not open up $250+ headphones, mod it and then say bye to my 2 year warranty.

Srsly.

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #58 of 58
Quote:

oh i hear bass from an audigy, its just soft and not as hard hitting compared to a ultrasone. i dont think an amp can change the character of the headphone to much, just improve it. im getting a dt 770 80ohm next to compare them side by side. then maybe ill get one of these to see what difference both of them exhibit Amplifier : Soundwise USA :: Affordable High-Quality Soundwise Earphones

I'll just be a devil's advocate and say that DT770 80ohm is not necessarily an improvement over the D2000.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back