Get HYPED for Vision Ears' NEW FLAGSHIP releases!
Dec 3, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #106 of 187
Just found out about the EXT.

After reading a few reviews i decided that i need these IEMs and they could easily be my eng game.

The best part is that i am living near vision ears so I am definitely going to visit them soon and demo the EXT.
Try out the new flagship too if you can.

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #109 of 187
In our latest article we check out the Phönix. Find out how Phönix sounds and compares, and why we're giving it our Recommended Buy award, now on Headfonia!

https://www.headfonia.com/vision-ears-phonix-review/

ve-phönix 2.jpg

Dec 6, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #110 of 187
In our latest article we check out the Phönix. Find out how Phönix sounds and compares, and why we're giving it our Recommended Buy award, now on Headfonia!

https://www.headfonia.com/vision-ears-phonix-review/

I just read in the Review, that the phönix has a more fuller and richer sound in the midrange compared to the EXT.

I wonder if that is an issue if i would go with the ext because i like full and rich vocals

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #111 of 187
I just read in the Review that the ext, that the phönix has a more fuller and richer sound in the midrange compared to the EXT.

I wonder if that is an issue if i would go with the ext because i like full and rich vocals
You're in Germany, you should be able to put down a deposit and get VE to send you a demo pair to decide for yourself. EXT's mids are far from thin... I assume it's talking in relation to Phonix rather than talking generally.

Dec 6, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #114 of 187
Before testing them out i should probably upgrade to a proper dap to make sure I am getting all of them.

What is the best dap fro the two? DX300 ?
I've heard good things about the DX300 Max. It's too early to say which is the best synergy really. I also get good results from the AKM side of my SE200 but EXT sounds much better from the Hugo 2. As long as the DAP has a lot of power I doubt you can go wrong with EXT.

Dec 6, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #115 of 187
I've heard good things about the DX300 Max. It's too early to say which is the best synergy really. I also get good results from the AKM side of my SE200 but EXT sounds much better from the Hugo 2. As long as the DAP has a lot of power I doubt you can go wrong with EXT.
What I dont like about the max is it's size lol. That dap is really a brick

Dec 6, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #116 of 187
Before testing them out i should probably upgrade to a proper dap to make sure I am getting all of them.

What is the best dap fro the two? DX300 ?
I have both the DX300 and DX300Max and they pair up well with Phonix and EXT. IMHO the DX300Max pairs with EXT a little bit better that DX300. I think the added power of the DX300Max does really good things to DDs and Estats in general. But you cannot go wrong with either DAP IMHO. And an added huge bonus is that the DX300 and DX300Max are silent with sensitive IEMs. You just have to play with the Digital volume setting on the Max to get enough Pot control.

Dec 6, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #117 of 187
I have both the DX300 and DX300Max and they pair up well with Phonix and EXT. IMHO the DX300Max pairs with EXT a little bit better that DX300. I think the added power of the DX300Max does really good things to DDs and Estats in general. But you cannot go wrong with either DAP IMHO. And an added huge bonus is that the DX300 and DX300Max are silent with sensitive IEMs. You just have to play with the Digital volume setting on the Max to get enough Pot control.
Have you also tried the Amp12 with the dx300 or just amp11mk2 ?

Dec 6, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #118 of 187
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back