Geshelli Archel 3 Pro :: Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #47 of 68
I'm a little late to the Archel 3 party, but DAYUM this sounds good! My 8XX's sound like real headphones with the bass boosted and treble cut. How have I lived this long without simple EQ?

The detail and naturalness of this thing is also quite something, but I think I'm addicted to the tone controls most of all. My Pendant SE, despite being a soundstage monster and imaging wizard, just doesn't have the flexibility this has. Consider me thoroughly won over.

IMG_8384.jpeg

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #50 of 68
Has anyone here compared the Archel 3 Pro to the Lake People G111 Mk2. Considering selling the G111 to get the Archel but looking to make sure of any sound difference's.
I want to pair it with my J2S Dac.
The closest experience I have to Lake People amps is the Violectric V200, which I found had to have a more vivid (almost U-shaped) presentation than the A3 Pro. It wasn't my cup of tea. I would say the A3 has a more relaxed, sound, from memory, with of course the option to add more treble and bass to taste. It's just so incredibly natural and balanced, as far as solid state amps go.

Of course, if you do get the A3 pro, the option to have matching wood with the Arya Organic and your J2S DAC isn't a bad perk :wink:

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #51 of 68
As time goes on, I’m realizing the HD 8XX and the Auteur Classic are clearly happier with my Pendant SE, tone controls or not. But the HD 600, as a true reference headphone, sounds right at home with the A3. It adds the right amount of meat to its bones, while enhancing its detail retrieval. The stage is also very impressive, especially for a solid state amp, without much 3-blob effect at all.

More people should know about this amp! Now I’m keen to try it with a planar…

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #52 of 68
Late to the game here, but,I'm looking to invest in the Geshelli line and I'm a little unclear:
Is the Archel 3 Pro w/ Sparkos opams a fully balanced amp, or is that designation reserved for the E2?

Thanks!

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #53 of 68
Late to the game here, but,I'm looking to invest in the Geshelli line and I'm a little unclear:
Is the Archel 3 Pro w/ Sparkos opams a fully balanced amp, or is that designation reserved for the E2?

Thanks!
It’s a single ended amp, just with the option for balanced inputs. It still uses 2 Sparkos pro op amps per channel, but uses a single ended out. Maybe one day we’ll get a fully balanced version!

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #55 of 68
I would love to see them do some custom headphone amps like they're doing with those full size amps. Basically letting you pick everything from top to bottom. Throw in some of those old school Vue meters and Led's and Geshelli will have to get an assembly line twice the size of their current.

I like what they're doing, their limiting the amount that they actually produce in order to make sure they're giving the bespoke customer experience. The problem is it can be very limiting and becomes more expensive when you limit the amount of customers you can serve.

I think they're going to learn a lot in the next year or two and we're going to see basically customized products and ordering from them on all of their products.

They're super great people over there and really nice and the type of people you want to support because they care about their customers. You're going in a bad things in a different way and it's going to go over very well. Who does not want to customize their amp their way! Is basically a modular plug and play system after a while and they will be able to do it without even batting an eyelash. Keep your eye on them. Their destined for great things with this idea.. Now that's innovation done right!

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #56 of 68
I would love to see them do some custom headphone amps like they're doing with those full size amps. Basically letting you pick everything from top to bottom. Throw in some of those old school Vue meters and Led's and Geshelli I'll have to get an assembly line twice the size of their current. I like what they're doing their limiting the amount that they actually produce in order to make sure they're giving up bespoke experience. The problem is it can be very limiting and becomes more expensive when you limit the amount of customers. I think they're going to learn a lot in the next year or two and we're going to see basically customized products and ordering from them on all of their systems. They're super great people over there and really nice and the type of people you want to support because they care about their customers.
great post!

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #57 of 68
I've been looking at this amp for myself and have been curious about Geshelli Labs for a long time. But one thing I cannot find on their site is an "about us" page. Where does this company originate? I wouldn't mind getting one of their DACs and amps as a combo. I just want to find out what the best combination would be for the most "analog" sound. I still play lots of CDs but also listen from my music library on my Mac. Right now I have a Feliks Echo Mk2 tube amp and SingZer SA-1 and my DAC is the Bifrost 2 (not 2/64). The SingZer is a nice SS amp. But if there is one thing that bothers me about it is the volume control. Doesn't seem very linear. The volume doesn't gradually increase as you turn it up. The volume seems to stay the same for a while and then suddenly increase when turning the knob.

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #59 of 68
Geshelli is based in Florida, USA. They are a small, family run company.

Bifrost 2 would be a good pairing with Archel 3.

Oh okay cool. They seem to have a nice selection for wood finishes. But what are dove tails? it's one of the custom options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back