Geshelli Archel 3 Pro :: Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 68
My tone controls are fine... At the detent they sound the same as when bypassed. No hum or noise at all when touching them.

My amp is dead silent

I would seek some repair... I'm not happy for you @jazzzy .

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #33 of 68
my problem is that I live in EU so called Geshelli and got this sweet deal over the phone so my friend who came from USA could bring it to me
and so I expected to be happy for a long time with quality product and not to worry about sending it back to USA for repair and then once again to me

Jun 26, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #34 of 68
my problem is that I live in EU so called Geshelli and got this sweet deal over the phone so my friend who came from USA could bring it to me
and so I expected to be happy for a long time with quality product and not to worry about sending it back to USA for repair and then once again to me
But to be fair... You did buy a test unit. That comes with alot of caveats and unknown variables.

There were only a few actual online reviewers. So either this was an early test unit.. Or a review unit. Either way... That thing has been probably shipped all over the place.

But - if it was sent back to Geshelli and then they shipped it to you or your friend without a refresh or a check up to make sure it was all good to go, that is shamefully bad service.

Did your friend travel with it? I don't know the particulars of that leg of its journey.

I certainly wouldn't be happy either. I hope something good comes of this for you @jazzzy.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #35 of 68
I did not buy a test unit; I was assured it is completely OK working device just previously made so from my point of view I don't care if it's pre-owned because I buy as a new one directly from manufacturer and so quality control shall be mandatory and expected.

Jul 29, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #38 of 68
First impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

Chain: Wiim Pro -> Bifrost 2 (OG) -> Archel 3 -> ZMF Auteur (OG)

I was looking for a solid state amp to use when I don’t have time for my tube amp to warm up, and I think this will suit me wonderfully. The Archel can take both RCA and XLR inputs, so I connected the Bifrost to it via XLR and my tube amp (Feliks Echo 2) via RCA so I could somewhat A/B. The differences were actually way more subtle than I anticipated which was a bit of a shock - there were even moments when I forgot which one I had connected.

My personal experience is somewhat limited but my previous SS was Jotunheim 2 and I think this thing blows it out of the water. I would say if you’re in the market at this price point this amp should absolutely be on your radar. Punching way above its weight.

Edit: want to note I operated the amp in high gain mode. The normal mode didn’t provide enough signal until way past 12 on the dial.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #39 of 68
First impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

Chain: Wiim Pro -> Bifrost 2 (OG) -> Archel 3 -> ZMF Auteur (OG)

I was looking for a solid state amp to use when I don’t have time for my tube amp to warm up, and I think this will suit me wonderfully. The Archel can take both RCA and XLR inputs, so I connected the Bifrost to it via XLR and my tube amp (Feliks Echo 2) via RCA so I could somewhat A/B. The differences were actually way more subtle than I anticipated which was a bit of a shock - there were even moments when I forgot which one I had connected.

My personal experience is somewhat limited but my previous SS was Jotunheim 2 and I think this thing blows it out of the water. I would say if you’re in the market at this price point this amp should absolutely be on your radar. Punching way above its weight.

Edit: want to note I operated the amp in high gain mode. The normal mode didn’t provide enough signal until way past 12 on the dial.
does it have some tube like warmth, lushness?

Aug 25, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #40 of 68
I would not call it warm, no. Clean, but without sounding “sterile”, as a lot of people describe op-amps. I do find it very natural sounding for some music, but it definitely won’t approximate tube sound by any stretch.

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #41 of 68
New Geshelli AKM4499EX J2 arrived today. Packed with Sparkos SS3602's in Balanced & a fat, juicy SS2590 dual pro in SE...

Completing my Geshelli Headphone stack!

Now it turns out... Yep, need better headphones for my Head-Fi!

Attachments

• 20230921_215951.jpg
    20230921_215951.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230921_221505.jpg
    20230921_221505.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #42 of 68
Linear Power supplies and these supercapacitor banks have a definite impact...

But using the Intona 7055-D USB isolator is the real game changer.

Optical Galvanic isolation, regen, reclock into bit perfect Data for this AKM4499EX & AKM4191EQ combo...

The Archel really shines when you feed it with the output from this vicious new J2 DAC!

It feels like I have access to super secret recordings of all my favorite familiar songs...

Attachments

• Picsart_23-10-06_14-16-27-027.jpg
    Picsart_23-10-06_14-16-27-027.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back