Geshelli Archel 3 Pro :: Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #61 of 68
I've been looking at this amp for myself and have been curious about Geshelli Labs for a long time. But one thing I cannot find on their site is an "about us" page. Where does this company originate? I wouldn't mind getting one of their DACs and amps as a combo. I just want to find out what the best combination would be for the most "analog" sound. I still play lots of CDs but also listen from my music library on my Mac. Right now I have a Feliks Echo Mk2 tube amp and SingZer SA-1 and my DAC is the Bifrost 2 (not 2/64). The SingZer is a nice SS amp. But if there is one thing that bothers me about it is the volume control. Doesn't seem very linear. The volume doesn't gradually increase as you turn it up. The volume seems to stay the same for a while and then suddenly increase when turning the knob.
Yeah, the volume control of the A3 is very linear, with a very gradual and regular rate of change. I’m just not sure how “analog” it’ll sound to you though, compared with a tube amp or fully discrete class A amp. The presentation of the A3 is smooth and full, but it’s still geared towards transparency and cleanliness. Hence the “pro” moniker.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #63 of 68
Yeah, the volume control of the A3 is very linear, with a very gradual and regular rate of change. I’m just not sure how “analog” it’ll sound to you though, compared with a tube amp or fully discrete class A amp. The presentation of the A3 is smooth and full, but it’s still geared towards transparency and cleanliness. Hence the “pro” moniker.

Okay fair enough. I know that how something sounds can be subjective. I noticed early in this thread a mention of the amp being wobbly on whichever surface it's sitting on. Is that a rare occurrence or a more common experience?

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #66 of 68
Nice to hear. Do most of you prefer the dove tails or straight sides?

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #68 of 68
Straight sides here too. Mostly because dovetails would have taken an extra 2 weeks. I'm not a big fan of the way it looks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back