German Maestro really = MB Quart?
Feb 17, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have experience with this? Are the German Maestro 450's really the same as the MB Quart 450's ??? thanks!

Yes, German Maestro 450's are the same as the MB Quart 450's...
Look's that the GMP 450s have a new version @ 35 ohms. GMP 435 S Kategorien - GermanMAESTRO Shop

Here is my review on the GMP 8.35 D Monitor:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ger...indeed-406658/

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 33
Thanks, Acix. btw, very nice review of yours...

any sense how the GMP 435 S would compare to the GMP 8.35 D Monitor for use solely for voice over monitoring? thanks, again.

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, Acix. btw, very nice review of yours...

any sense how the GMP 435 S would compare to the GMP 8.35 D Monitor for use solely for voice over monitoring? thanks, again.

I found the GMP 8.35 to be a great deal for voice over monitoring.
They have a forward sound stage that make them very easy for voice over, and
the insulation is the best that I've experienced.

Here is a video for more info: http://www.gearwire.com/media/mb-qua...aes-vienna.wmv

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 33
Did MB Quart sell their headphones under other brands in the 80's? or were they called something else in the 80s?
Because I have 'Stantons' that look to be MB Quarts.

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is more of the PMB/MB Quart history: PMB / MB Quart - Wikiphonia

Hi thanks, just read it.
Seems that they must have made it for Stanton and just rebadged it. But strangely...the Stanton model actually predates the MB Quart model :S.

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi thanks, just read it.
Seems that they must have made it for Stanton and just rebadged it. But strangely...the Stanton model actually predates the MB Quart model :S.

Cool Stanton... Hehehe, I wonder if they also did the QP85 or the BMP1000/500 for Stanton??

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 33
I have the GermanMAESTRO GMP 250 on my head now
biggrin.gif

It's exactly the same headphone as the MB Quart QP 250. The only difference is the lettering.
See: http://www.german-maestro.de/home_en.htm

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #11 of 33

Gentlemen,

My name is Ray Windsor. I am the president of the newly formed German Maestro USA. In the way of the German Maestro heritage...

MBQuart was last owned by a company based in Illinois called Maxxonics. Maxxonics established a German company, Maxxonics GmbH to acquire the MB Quart brand name and company in Obrigheim Germany. After acquiring the MB Quart brand name Maxxonics bankrupted their German company Maxxonics GmbH and took all engineering and production to China.

The folks left in Germany joined forces between management and engineering along with a private German investor and purchased all of the assets from the German trustee. The result is that the same people responsible for the authentic MB Quart products are now designing, engineering and producing product under the German Maestro brand name. That is happening in the original MB Quart building with original MB Quart people. Even the assemply line staff is the constituted with same people who were once the MB Quart assembly staff.

We started shipping the German Maestro car audio products in the US in February 2009. We expect to begin shipping German Maestro headphones mid to late July 2009.

I am most interested in addressing any specific questions, concerns or observations that you may have. I assure you that the German Maestro headphones are among the finest in audio quality and will be the very best in the comfort factor.

I can be reached by e-mail ray@leadershipsystemsconsulting.com or 877-689-7833. We will announce our first authorized retailer in the US very soon.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Windsor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gentlemen,

My name is Ray Windsor. I am the president of the newly formed German Maestro USA. In the way of the German Maestro heritage...

I can be reached by e-mail ray@leadershipsystemsconsulting.com or 877-689-7833. We will announce our first authorized retailer in the US very soon.

Hi Ray, and welcome to Head-Fi.

Congratulations on your US distribution. I hope that now many members will get an opportunity to experience the GMP sound. I also look forward to seeing new models and developments in the near future.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #13 of 33
Ray Windsor;5810954 said:
Gentlemen,

MBQuart was last owned by a company based in Illinois called Maxxonics. Maxxonics established a German company, Maxxonics GmbH to acquire the MB Quart brand name and company in Othe MB Quart brand name Maxxonics

any stores for canadian friends?
many of my friends are interested in german maestro headphones.however ,there are nowhere to try them on.
I hope people in canada get chance to experience your headphones.
also, i really hope the price is reasonable compare to the us price.( we canadian usually have to pay 20%~50% more with same product)
thanks and wish you best

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Windsor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gentlemen,

MBQuart was last owned by a company based in Illinois called Maxxonics. Maxxonics established a German company, Maxxonics GmbH to acquire the MB Quart brand name and company in Obrigheim Germany. After acquiring the MB Quart brand name Maxxonics bankrupted their German company Maxxonics GmbH and took all engineering and production to China.

The folks left in Germany joined forces between management and engineering along with a private German investor and purchased all of the assets from the German trustee. The result is that the same people responsible for the authentic MB Quart products are now designing, engineering and producing product under the German Maestro brand name. That is happening in the original MB Quart building with original MB Quart people. Even the assemply line staff is the constituted with same people who were once the MB Quart assembly staff.

We started shipping the German Maestro car audio products in the US in February 2009. We expect to begin shipping German Maestro headphones mid to late July 2009.

I am most interested in addressing any specific questions, concerns or observations that you may have. I assure you that the German Maestro headphones are among the finest in audio quality and will be the very best in the comfort factor.

Great news!!! Thanks a lot for this info. Are you still supporting old MB/PMB products? I have a few old float frame headphones (QP85, PMB100 and PMB85DA).

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #15 of 33
I am informed that Europroducts in Canada is the distributor for German Maestro headphones. I have reviewed their website (link below) but did not yet find the German Maestro brand listed on their site. I'll keep you informed as I learn more.

europroducts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back