German Maestro really = MB Quart?
Jul 3, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #16 of 33
Faust2D,

We will have limited ability to support the MB Quart products. Let me know what kind of support you might be in need of and I'll do my best to assist

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #17 of 33
Would you happen to have spare drivers for the MB Quarts? Particularly the QP85. Just to reassure me if I fubar the driver when I recable them that I don't throw away a ton of money on pretty much a nice looking headphone frame after I mess it up.

I probably won't mess it up, but it's nice to have something to fall back on.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you happen to have spare drivers for the MB Quarts? Particularly the QP85. Just to reassure me if I fubar the driver when I recable them that I don't throw away a ton of money on pretty much a nice looking headphone frame after I mess it up.

I probably won't mess it up, but it's nice to have something to fall back on.

I'm not sure someone who speaks German will understand slang like 'fubar':
Urban Dictionary: fubar
(fubar = messed up, disturbed/destroyed)

Even saying 'a ton of money' would likely be a little confusing.
Not everyone is as fluent in english as you are so please try keep that in mind.

I'm excited that GermanMaestro is producing headphones. I'd like to try the GMP 8.35 D Monitor.

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 33
Haha sorry.

But I'm no longer looking for drivers.

May 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 33
I know this is kinda resurrecting an old thread, but I was doing some googling, and came across this. I just thought it was funny that you chose German as an example, as the word "Fuerchtbar" is quite close to "fubar", which might be more than coincidental.

May 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #21 of 33
Hi Y'all,

to put some things as straight as possible as the former Product & Sales Manager Headphones and Headsets at MB Quart (Jan 2004 - Mai 2008), this is what happened (I'm still working on a proper history on Wikipedia): in 2000 Rockford Fosgate bought MB Quart...mid September 2004, they literally left MB Quart for bankruptcy overnight. Mid September 2005, after one year in receivership, Maxxsonics USA, Inc. acquired MB Quart and established Maxxsonics GmbH. After 2 years (again mid September, meanwhile 2007), Maxxsonics GmbH was apparently bankrupted (I'm still checking on this, but it's hard to get exact info) and Maxxsonics took engineering and production to China. This ment, for the original MB Quart crew that they lost the brand name "MB Quart". Since October 2007, the brand name MB Quart is used for products made in China only, no NEW German Made products were developed under name MB Quart anymore... The future of the original MB Quart crew (including myself) was unsure month after month. After I accepted the Product Manager Headphones/Headsets/Headzone ProAudio job at beyerdynamic, the rest of the crew (approx. 30 employes were left over) joined forces, together with a German investor and purchased the assets of the German trustee. In May 2008 the original crew of MB Quart continued to produce, develop and engineer high quality German made products under the new name "German-Maestro Badenia" (G-MB).

It's strange....for a long time nobody really opened up and told the real story, at least the real story including all of the rumours etc.

For those who don't know, MBHO (www.mbho.de) is the company owned by the legendary Herbert Haun (one of the first engineers at the original "MB", founded in 1962). Herbert Haun came from beyerdynamic... MBHO still produces and engineers the MB microphones, including the original Jecklin Disc.

More soon hopefully...on Wikipedia :wink:

Many regards,
Peter Grooff

May 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #22 of 33
Thanks for that!

May 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #23 of 33
How about posting your story on the Wikiphonia instead?
(By the way, do you know anything about the older orthodynamic lineup from Peerless MB?)

Quote:
Hi Y'all,

to put some things as straight as possible as the former Product & Sales Manager Headphones and Headsets at MB Quart (Jan 2004 - Mai 2008), this is what happened (I'm still working on a proper history on Wikipedia): in 2000 Rockford Fosgate bought MB Quart...mid September 2004, they literally left MB Quart for bankruptcy overnight. Mid September 2005, after one year in receivership, Maxxsonics USA, Inc. acquired MB Quart and established Maxxsonics GmbH. After 2 years (again mid September, meanwhile 2007), Maxxsonics GmbH was apparently bankrupted (I'm still checking on this, but it's hard to get exact info) and Maxxsonics took engineering and production to China. This ment, for the original MB Quart crew that they lost the brand name "MB Quart". Since October 2007, the brand name MB Quart is used for products made in China only, no NEW German Made products were developed under name MB Quart anymore... The future of the original MB Quart crew (including myself) was unsure month after month. After I accepted the Product Manager Headphones/Headsets/Headzone ProAudio job at beyerdynamic, the rest of the crew (approx. 30 employes were left over) joined forces, together with a German investor and purchased the assets of the German trustee. In May 2008 the original crew of MB Quart continued to produce, develop and engineer high quality German made products under the new name "German-Maestro Badenia" (G-MB).

It's strange....for a long time nobody really opened up and told the real story, at least the real story including all of the rumours etc.

For those who don't know, MBHO (www.mbho.de) is the company owned by the legendary Herbert Haun (one of the first engineers at the original "MB", founded in 1962). Herbert Haun came from beyerdynamic... MBHO still produces and engineers the MB microphones, including the original Jecklin Disc.

More soon hopefully...on Wikipedia :wink:

Many regards,
Peter Grooff

May 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #25 of 33
That's awesome! I'd really like to know how many orthodynamic models (and which ones) were made, if he can recall after all this time. Also, if they made drivers for other companies (which ones) (and where the drivers came from anyway). (The info would go into the Wikiphonia.)

Quote:
Sorry, that was long before my time. But Herbert Haun definitely knows...and I will visit him soon :wink:

May 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #27 of 33
Well, first of all I believe only 2 or 3 headphones were designed with the orthodynamic systems, which were, as far as I know, produced and engineered my MB themselves. A OEM version was definitely made for B&O...more info, soon! 

P.S. I just updated the MB Peerless site on Wikiphonia :wink: More info soon.

P.S.#2 The QP 85 (floating version) was also made as a infrared wireless version...interested in more info??

Quote:
That's awesome! I'd really like to know how many orthodynamic models (and which ones) were made, if he can recall after all this time. Also, if they made drivers for other companies (which ones) (and where the drivers came from anyway). (The info would go into the Wikiphonia.)

May 26, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #28 of 33
Thanks Peter, for the inside story.
I also like to ask some information about an old MB Quart headphone, in my case the Phone 90 X.
I searched all over the Internet, but couldn't find anything. They sound great though.

May 26, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #29 of 33
I'm looking forward to read about the orthos :)
Please also ask if there was any collaboration between Yamaha and PMB on the orthodynamic headphones.

Quote:
Well, first of all I believe only 2 or 3 headphones were designed with the orthodynamic systems, which were, as far as I know, produced and engineered my MB themselves. A OEM version was definitely made for B&O...more info, soon! 

P.S. I just updated the MB Peerless site on Wikiphonia :wink: More info soon.

P.S.#2 The QP 85 (floating version) was also made as a infrared wireless version...interested in more info??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back