German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #166 of 266
The shure 840 pads fits rather good as well. slight oval shape but very comfortable. Can´t really tell if the SQ is any better or worse.. Might be a tad more bassy. But it might as well be placebo. 

I do like the stock pads on the 8.35D but they get very hot.

Sep 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #167 of 266
Installed a tiny xlr socket into the base of the 8.300's now I can use my T50RP's modified removable single sided cable and a short cable I made up.

beerchug.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #168 of 266
  Installed a tiny xlr socket into the base of the 8.300's now I can use my T50RP's modified removable single sided cable and a short cable I made up.

beerchug.gif

The mini XLR looks great! Many K-702 cables out there to try out, here is how to make it and some impressions : http://www.head-fi.org/t/378255/akg-k702-build-your-own-cable

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #170 of 266

The mini XLR looks great! Many K-702 cables out there to try out, here is how to make it and some impressions : http://www.head-fi.org/t/378255/akg-k702-build-your-own-cable

Thanks I'll check that thread out for sure!

No that´s just pretty right there! Where did you get the mini XLR ?

I picked up some from Redco (inexpensive) in the past but there are many places and different manufacturers such as REAN, Amphenol and Switchcraft...

The cup material on these is an HDPE plastic that is as flexible as rubber, so melting a hole for the socket is easier than drilling as it bends and stretches. Make it just big enough so the socket will fit with some force as the plastic will catch on the threads. Clean up the excess melt with a sharp blade and there is also no room in behind for the retaining nut but hot glue sticks to the PE plastic perfectly.
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #171 of 266
Now the HM5 pads come in a variety of colours, check out product thread here.

And now for some incredible looking GMP 8.300D Pro's...
biggrin.gif

Pillowy comfort is the name of the game!

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #173 of 266
  Bummer! I just ordered a pair of black ones.. The red looks neat! :)

Yes I have the red velours but don't like them on the GMP's as much as the pleather.
I'd really like to try a pair of Alpha Pads on these and If by chance they didn't work out.... Well then they would be a sweet upgrade for the T50RP's.

Moar Pads Please! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #175 of 266
  Great thread; subscribed!

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
Surprising to see your first post in the unknown and underappreciated German Maestro's.
Though a good way to start IMO
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #176 of 266
I know what you mean about the wallet!  I have used a handful of full size and in-ear head phones over the years (some I still have):

Bose Tri Ports (broken and tossed long ago)
Sennheiser HD280Pro (2007 or so; given away to an audiophile buddy after upgrading to ATH-M50)
Sony ear buds for running (2006 or 7; $50 bucks, whoa!)
Audio Technica ATH-M50 (I need to buy some soldering equipment and do a cable mod as the cable is far too long!)
Grado Prestige SR60 (collecting dust just because I don't like the dual wire feel)
Audio Technica ATH-ANC7b (waiting on a ear cup cover)
RBH EP1 in-ear (currently using; very comfortable with the Comply tips)

My search for a durable and audiophile quality headphone led me here, specifically to the GMP 8.35 D Monitor (mobile).  Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a pair of the mobile version without paying overseas shipping (I have an e-mail in to the company but I'm pretty sure they're out until the new year.).

Dec 26, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #177 of 266
<Snip>
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a pair of the mobile version without paying overseas shipping (I have an e-mail in to the company but I'm pretty sure they're out until the new year.).
</Snip>

Good luck with that...
wink.gif

Even with the shipping my 8.300's were cheaper from the factory than from the Canadian Distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back