German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #151 of 266
Sigh... I'm dreading the "New Can Bonanza", too much want those and those and those! I still have too many on the old list I want, GMP 450's, Q40's and T50RP's for example...

Damn this hobby.
biggrin.gif

I want to try the 450s, too, but keep forgetting.

I wouldn't recommend wasting your time with T50RP.  Even an army of modders cannot polish that turd into gold.
Well, if you are that set on finding out, at least it is not expensive.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #152 of 266

I want to try the 450s, too, but keep forgetting.

I wouldn't recommend wasting your time with T50RP.  Even an army of modders cannot polish that turd into gold.
Well, if you are that set on finding out, at least it is not expensive.

Your the second one that has told me it wasn't worth it. It's just that there is so much hype, one kind of gets caught up in the wheels of that train... I pondered picking them up a year ago when they were on sale locally at a music store for $75 but didn't bother.
beerchug.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #153 of 266
Girlfriends dog rocking the GMP 8.35D :)

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #155 of 266
Sorry not GMP related as you can't fit the GMP's on a cat...

Neena waiting for the Deadmau5 to start...

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #157 of 266
She was not impressed, I had to get in and out fast to keep skin intact. :)

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #159 of 266

GermanMAESTRO Fans, Great New Pads!

Well I have new pads for my 8.300 D Pros, these are the HM5 Thick memory foam pads that Brainwavz has recently released.

Extreme comfort with a nice enhancement to bass quantity that is not overpowering, these pads are available from mp4nation for $11.50 per pad with free worldwide shipping.

Brainwavz HM5 Thick Memory Foam Earpad

There is a Velour version as well that is very comfortable but I wouldn't recommend them for the 8.3 series as you loose most of the bass quantity.
The pads are oval but stretch very easily to fit on the 8.3 cups, here are the ear hole height, width and depth sizes of the pads when installed.

Height 66mm

Width 62mm

Depth 27.5mm

These fit great, feel great and I like the bass enhancement, I put some Infected Mushroom on testing these with the X3/E12 combo above. With the E12 in High Gain and Bass Boost switched on, my GMP 8.300's are a very nice EDM headphone where they used to be a little anemic before.

The New Velour and Thick HM5 memory foam pads.

beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #160 of 266

GermanMAESTRO Fans, Great New Pads!

Well I have new pads for my 8.300 D Pros, these are the HM5 Thick memory foam pads that Brainwavz has recently released.

Extreme comfort with a nice enhancement to bass quantity that is not overpowering, these pads are available from mp4nation for $11.50 per pad with free worldwide shipping.

Brainwavz HM5 Thick Memory Foam Earpad

There is a Velour version as well that is very comfortable but I wouldn't recommend them for the 8.3 series as you loose most of the bass quantity.
The pads are oval but stretch very easily to fit on the 8.3 cups, here are the ear hole height, width and depth sizes of the pads when installed.

Height 66mm

Width 62mm

Depth 27.5mm

These fit great, feel great and I like the bass enhancement, I put some Infected Mushroom on testing these with the X3/E12 combo above. With the E12 in High Gain and Bass Boost switched on, my GMP 8.300's are a very nice EDM headphone where they used to be a little anemic before.

The New Velour and Thick HM5 memory foam pads.

beerchug.gif

Thanks for posting this! I guess I have to try them, as I love the original HM5 pads a lot.

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #161 of 266
Thanks for posting this! I guess I have to try them, as I love the original HM5 pads a lot.
You are most welcome, I was actually thinking of you while I was posting. :)

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #163 of 266
The lambskin that was on the LCD-3's I had was incredible, big plush pillows!

When I picked up a piece of leather for my T50RP headband I was surprised at the cost of lambskin... Not cheap and they will not cut a piece out of the hide you have to buy the whole thing. Lambs are not very big, the hide I was looking as sold for $160, so I can see the $99 LCD pad price is not that outrageous. It would probably cost me $250 to make a set of lambskin pads once all the materials were assembled and tools purchased.

Then you could start making pads for sale, what kind of nightmare would that be, thinking about J$'s experience trying to do so.

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #165 of 266
Considering that the shipping is free, I don't find these ear pads expensive at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back