German hifi forum "regular's table" asylum-seekers thread
Sep 27, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #151 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChatte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ich glaube es weiss jetzt wirklich JEDER, wie du darüber denkst...

Welcome to head-fi, JEDER.
Admittedly I'm not aware of a member named JEDER over there, and I should since your french moniker here indicates you are a woman and those are quite rare in our hobby.
Personally I wouldn't choose a moniker like let's say "DerPimmel" here but OTOH I'm quite fond of eccentrical girls so I won't complain.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

irgendwann muss es doch auch mal gut sein, oder? Über euch Polster-, Plastik-, perforierte Abstandshalter- und Kalbel-Modder wird doch auch nicht unentwegt gelästert...

Your condescending wording doesn't (in general) convey your points in a more convincing way.
Besides of that you are wrong.The naysayers do in fact penetrate almost each and every thread dedicated to subtle but worthwhile differences.
You are new here and might not be aware of it but that's the reason why there is a subforum politely called "Sound Science" here at head-fi.
That's the subforum where you can talk all day long about what kind of fools the lovers of subtle differences are .
Everywhere else it's not allowed.

Originally I was quite shocked about the concept and did perceive it as a kind of ugly censorship (Wayne might remember it since I did get on his nerves regarding the issue), but in the end it's necessary since the Egal-Egals are such a pain in the arse.
Don't get me wrong:
It's perfectly O.K. to be sceptical and everyone, even the tone deaf and narrow minded, is entitled to his/her opinion, but you have to establish rules in order to protect the flow of information.
Admittedly much of the subjective impressions is delusionary, but not all, and I demand to experience and decide for myself what's worth it and what not.

Quote:

irgendwann muss es doch auch mal gut sein, oder?

I can understand that my repeated complains about the penetrative style of the Egal-Egals is getting on your nerves, but this way you can at least get a downsized impression of what we have to stand.I do get 20 times as much flak from the pseudoscientists over at the german forum.
Again and again and again.
I'm quite stubborn since I have been hardened at university during the early eighties when the Asta and the whole student scene in Europe was dominated by hardcore communists that where similar in one regard : they did falsely believe that science is on their side.
Lots and lots of audiophiles have given up and left the german Hifi-forum.de.
I have received tons of PMs from members who where tired to waste their leisure time with attacks from arseholes.
Currently the "everything sounds the same"-Mantra is common wisdom at the german forum, but the reason for this specific culture is not the final success of the "scientific truth" but more the phenomenon that everyone with a differing experience/opinion has to be quite robust or he/she is scared away.

That's the reason why I still like head-fi a lot despite of all the fanboyism and ridiculously gullible fools.
It's like vacation for me : a place where I don't have to argue and justify my experience all the time and with the appropriate filtering there's lots to learn.

---------------------------------------------
All this is probably wasted in more than one way.
Chances are high LaChatte is multiply challenged and doesn't understand a single sentence ........
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #152 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently the "everything sounds the same"-Mantra is common wisdom at the german forum

I personally also have some affinities towards that sceptical "earthed" approach, but I hope I was successful in my goal of not becoming too intolerant.

German hifi forum seems to be fully working again (and damned fast), so heartly thanks to headfi for providing (tolerating) that kraut exile place.

I'll keep on posting here at headfi anyway. Although some habits are bizarre out here sometimes, it's an interesting place, and I found myself liking some folks here quite a lot. And a forum is a social place for me primarily. HPs are "only" the occasion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #153 of 170
The board is still read-only, nickchen.
wink.gif
Therefore, you can spend some more time in this thread...

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #154 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The board is still read-only, nickchen.
wink.gif
Therefore, you can spend some more time in this thread...

...so then it makes me wonder why some people are already posting there again. Nevertheless, let's stay here for a while anyway.

@ nickchen and cosmo:
I tried to write down how I think about these constant frictions in the german Stammtisch. In a nutshell: It is up to each's own how much money he/she (most likely he...) wants to spend on headphones, headamps and cables and if someone thinks spending 1000 Euro for an amp is too much, I'm fine with that. The problem is the constant hijacking of threads that are dedicated to a particular question and end up in endless discussion such as: "I doubt that you can hear a difference" - "but I do" - "no, you don't". Where is the rollseyes-Smiley when you need it the most? Ahhh, got it:
rolleyes.gif

Speaking for me, I really like headfi, but it is too big and I feel like I can't keep up the pace. I know there are a lot of interesting threads and here and then, I stumble across one or two. I should try to get involved into headfi a bit better, but I think I'm just too lazy.

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #156 of 170
I must give in, one of the reasons I regulary attend headfi is the fact that it keeps my English skills alive. I need them for my job, because I am the one that has to translate foreign contracts and treaties. Anyway, I'd be lost without LEO dict.
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #157 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must give in, one of the reasons I regulary attend headfi is the fact that it keeps my English skills alive. I need them for my job, because I am the one that has to translate foreign contracts and treaties. Anyway, I'd be lost without LEO dict.
tongue.gif

when I was working during august (just a job for 4 weeks) I also translated contracts into german... the specific english for engineers was very difficult because I even did not know the german words for the english words I had do translate. that made it even more difficult. another point was that the "english" was written by indians... which is even more complicated.
I prefered dict.cc. the site knew much more words than leo
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #158 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinus1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is a nice version of Carmina Burana
51WK3ZCHGSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

... although I don't like the work itself at all.

Why? ´Cause it´s monophonic or ´cause "Carima Burana" is a manuscript found in an catolic monastary turned into music at the time of the 3. reich?

That´s why i always pronounced, that my performance of "Carima Burana" is made "´68 in West-Berlin".

But my friends just answer: "Carima Burana? Isn´t it the music from the Nestlé Chocolate advertising spot?
popcorn.gif
consumption terror!

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #159 of 170
I thought we were supposed to use English language on Head-Fi!
Guess I am wrong...
popcorn.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #162 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought we were supposed to use English language on Head-Fi!
Guess I am wrong...
popcorn.gif

No, you´re right. Just the start of the thread is in german language, ´cause we didn´t know better. Or did you mean music in english language? I don´t understand a word of "Carima Burana" but acording to wikipedia it´s just about love and such stuff. And no "explicit language"!

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #163 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinus1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's not just monophonic but also too monotonous for me and doesn't fit my musical tastes. sorry, no offence! ^^

o fortuna is used for a chocolate ad, can hardly imagine ...

That´s why "Carima Burana" got famous. Like with "Bolero" from Ravel. Also "easy listening" classical music (wich you will find "too monotonous") but since the movie "Bolero" (with Bo Derek) everybody in my age (38yo) knows it.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #164 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh? 90% of this are are written in English. The other 10% were posted by peeps that didn't know it had to be English by the time...

m00h

Not sure about those percentages. But I take your word on it.
Don't have to go back more than one page (post # 150) to find a post in German though.

Image if 10% of all posts in this forum were in a language you did not understand. Would probably ignore you as well..
very_evil_smiley.gif

As if I were writing 10% of my posts in Norwegian..

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #165 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, DanG (one of the moderators here) is living and working in Baden, and is fluent in German. I'll see what he thinks about it. (If anyone said something they want to edit or delete, now would be the time!).

Just logged on... unfortunately, I'm not exactly fluent in German yet with 1 year of university German and two and a half months in the country, but reading is easy enough. Especially with LEO!

And there's no bans coming out of this thread, but there sure as hell are a lot of whiners... and I only read the first page...
tongue.gif
Wenn ihr kein mehr Lust fuer Head-Fi habt, koennt ihr hier einfach nicht mehr rumfummeln! But it's up to you, of course.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back