German hifi forum "regular's table" asylum-seekers thread
Sep 26, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #121 of 170
@McMusic: Great, so they've released it after all? Must add to growing "to buy" list...

Now playing here:
600smile.gif

316352SPPXL._SS400_.jpg

One of my favs.

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #125 of 170
Hey Guys!

I already asked yesterday at hifi-forum in the Kaufberatung, (i am Platoniker there) unfortunately no one answered, but I really want to buy an Amp asap and can't decide. I want to spend about 200€ and narrowed it down to the Meier Arietta or a modded ZERO DAC/Amp, wich is the slight favourite because of the digital inputs and the stunning reviews here. What would you guys buy to drive a Beyer 880 '05 with sound quality being the most important criterion? Would the ZERO have a problem with driving a 600 Ohms Beyer?

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #126 of 170
OK, thanks, I didn't try to post there actually.

Now listening:
61Xr60BIFpL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Calexico - Carried to dust

Of course with the MS-Pro.

Over and over again. After listening to it a few times, this album totally got me. Especially the sad-sounding tracks like e.g. "Man made lake". Brilliant...

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #127 of 170
Try that with some other fon. There's lots of stuff I enjoy deeply with the big Alessandro, but when I try such music with other gear, the magic just won't appear at all.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #128 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by sai-bot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine lives close to the Theresienwiese where's the Oktoberfest is located. Getting out of the sub during the Oktoberfest seems to be a quite ... weird experience.

A friend of mine can look directly at the main entrance from his beedroom window. No wonder he went on vacation when it started
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #129 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@McMusic: Great, so they've released it after all? Must add to growing "to buy" list...

Now playing here:
600smile.gif

316352SPPXL._SS400_.jpg

One of my favs.

First love, first j**nt, first s*x. Oh sweet memories....
regular_smile .gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #130 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Maß is for sure only something like 7 to 9 Euros. ("Trade Head-Fi gear for beer!")

...and I suppose at "Kempinski" Bejing it´s much cheaper...
beerchug.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #133 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First love, first j**nt, first s*x. Oh sweet memories....
regular_smile .gif

Lustig, meine Jungenderinnerungen hatten mich auch gerade. Aus einem alten Ohrwurm ging mir die Strofe "2/3 Heizöl, 1/3 Benzin, wie damals ´68 in West-Berlin" nicht aus dem Kopf. Dementsprechen habe ich zur Kompensation etwas aus ´68 in West-Berlin aufgelegt:
51WBJAY220L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Nur die Aufführung ist "´68 in West-Berlin", die Gesänge sind aus dem tiefsten Mittelalter. Hat was sehr nostalgisches. Und hier lohnt sich der MS-Ultimate wirklich. Riesige Klangbühne und dazu Chorgesänge
icon10.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #134 of 170
sgrossklass, are you also at the german forum (which user?) or just a leecher?

Edit: Natty, we've been asked for english language.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #135 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by teddyaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and I suppose at "Kempinski" Bejing it´s much cheaper...
beerchug.gif

Oh well... True.
icon10.gif

@ Tobi - I guess that my opinion regarding phones stands and falls with the stage.
beyersmile.png

@ The new e.s.t. album - Actually it did really start growing on me. But it's definitely not appropriate during sunny autumn weather.

I am currently listening to the best of the 80s interpreted by Nouvelle Vague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back