Genuinity of Denon AH-D2000
Sep 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

abhisis

New Head-Fier
I've bought a pair of Denon AH-d2000 which were on sale on ebay, slightly used. When I heard them, they sound much much better than my Audio Technica ATH-M35. But I'm unable to verify their genuinity as there is no serial number on the back of the pack, may be somebody has tampered with it, on checking further I found that they were first imported in India in 2009. I have already asked seller about this and waiting for his reply.
Is there any other way of verifying that these are the original ones and not a copy??

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 13
I asked a similar question when I bought my D5000 for cheap a while back. The general consensus was that there weren't any counterfeit Denon's on the market. A dead giveaway for me was the thickness and quality of the cable, but since the D2K have different cabling than the D5K/D7K, I'm not sure.

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 13
Fakes do appear to exist, but I think they're very uncommon. Chances are they're real, but I can't think of a way to prove it.

Here's a site dedicated to selling fakes and the denons thy have available: http://www.headphonesfashion.com/denon-headphones.html

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
I've bought a pair of Denon AH-d2000 which were on sale on ebay, slightly used. When I heard them, they sound much much better than my Audio Technica ATH-M35. But I'm unable to verify their genuinity as there is no serial number on the back of the pack, may be somebody has tampered with it, on checking further I found that they were first imported in India in 2009. I have already asked seller about this and waiting for his reply.
Is there any other way of verifying that these are the original ones and not a copy??

Can you post a few good quality pictures of your Denons? A lot of us have them, so maybe we can spot physical differences.

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #11 of 13
Well I checked inside too.. number on the driver and other things, everything appears to be alright, listening to "Petrified"  by fort minor and whole headphone is kinda shaking 'cause of bass.. I doubt its a copy.. it just sounds awesome..

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 13

atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back