Geniuses or people with 130+ IQ only!
Oct 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #61 of 96
Quote:
I agree that the answer is G but, I fail to see how you could possibly come up with the solution considering there is no 4 dotted circle if that's what you're basing it on. I only see, if going diagonally 2,3,2....Where is this 4? are you including the circle?

The grid goes something like this (assuming G is the answer):

1         1         2
        1         3         2
        2         2         0

So if you add the values of the diagonal rows, lower left to upper right (or vice versa), you get:

4         3         2
        3         4         3
        2         3         4

That was the reasoning I used, although I doubt it's the answer they're going for.

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #62 of 96
The answer for number 2 is B.

There are 9 sets of 3x3 squares with elements O, X and A( Dark Triangle).
Rule 1:
To get the second 3x3 square from the first (moving horizontally), translate each element one place to the right and interchange the symbols. At the end of the first and second rows, put the succeeding symbol unto the next row. At the end of the 3rd row place the succeeding element in the empty space at the beginning of the first row.

The First 3x3 square becomes:
1)
O X A
O A O
A X X

The diagonal AAA implies that A=X, comparing this to the second 3x3 square in the row also indicates the other transformations that O=A and X=O.
The above 3x3 square then becomes:
2)
A O X
A X A
X O O

Following the same sequence of steps 2) becomes:
O A O
X A  X
A X O
Using the transformations produces:
3)
A X A
O X O
X O A
Rule 2:
The above rules do not apply when you want to create the subsequent 3x3 square from one at the end of a row. However, if you observe the elements in 3) and the elements in the first 3x3 square of the 2nd row, R2). The rows become columns in such a way that there is a 90 degrees clockwise rotation in moving from 3) to R2). Hence,this rotation rule also applies when moving from the end of R2) to the first 3x3 square in the 3rd row R3).

To achieve the missing 3x3 square apply rule 1:Thus the second square in R3) becomes:
O X X
O O X
A A A
Using the transformations:
A O O
A A O
X X  X

Therefore, B is the correct answer.

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #63 of 96

As with all these tests you have to wonder about the IQ of those that select the problems.

How well do these tests relate to real life,in my opinion very little.

Just another test designed to grade-degrade people.

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #64 of 96
I remain ambivalent when it comes to IQ tests. The questions are fun but I am not entirely convinced that they are a perfect reflection of ones intellectual capabilities. At the same time I think they could be quite useful in some respects.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #65 of 96

Quote:
The answer for number 2 is B.

There are 9 sets of 3x3 squares with elements O, X and A( Dark Triangle).
Rule 1:
To get the second 3x3 square from the first (moving horizontally), translate each element one place to the right and interchange the symbols. At the end of the first and second rows, put the succeeding symbol unto the next row. At the end of the 3rd row place the succeeding element in the empty space at the beginning of the first row.

The First 3x3 square becomes:
1)
O X A
O A O
A X X

The diagonal AAA implies that A=X, comparing this to the second 3x3 square in the row also indicates the other transformations that O=A and X=O.
The above 3x3 square then becomes:
2)
A O X
A X A
X O O

Following the same sequence of steps 2) becomes:
O A O
X A  X
A X O
Using the transformations produces:
3)
A X A
O X O
X O A
Rule 2:
The above rules do not apply when you want to create the subsequent 3x3 square from one at the end of a row. However, if you observe the elements in 3) and the elements in the first 3x3 square of the 2nd row, R2). The rows become columns in such a way that there is a 90 degrees clockwise rotation in moving from 3) to R2). Hence,this rotation rule also applies when moving from the end of R2) to the first 3x3 square in the 3rd row R3).

To achieve the missing 3x3 square apply rule 1:Thus the second square in R3) becomes:
O X X
O O X
A A A
Using the transformations:
A O O
A A O
X X  X

Therefore, B is the correct answer.

I checked and I can confirm this works.

Oct 24, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #66 of 96
Yay, I have one too!

3 = H

There are two balls. With each picture, they move one space to the right. When they get to the end of a line, they move to the start of the next line.

There are black squares that increase in a pattern that is obvious.

Now the important thing is to understand how the balls interact with the squares.

When a ball is 'under' a black square, it changes from empty to full or from full to empty.

For example: in the second picture the first ball is changing from empty to full. You can see this in the third picture. In the third picture the second ball is changing from full to empty.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #68 of 96
Since most of you already figured this out, I'll give out the answers now 
biggrin.gif

1 g
2 b
3 h
4 f

edit: I took this out from a online test so please dont pm or email me for the explaination.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #70 of 96
So, what's the reasoning for #1 and #4? Our explanations for #2 (HONEYBOY) and #3 (mine) are perfectly logical. I'm not sure about the explanations given so far for #1 and #4, even if the answers are correct. Especially #1 (outside + and inside -? That's just random and makes no logical sense.)

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #72 of 96
Maybe, + and - don't seem logical but it is the logical way to explain it. Think about it like this instead, the circles interact to create or destroy. Logical enough now? Sometimes the simplest answer, is the answer. Heck it could have even been Exedirions way and it still works because there may be more than one answer. I think people, sometimes, don't like the fact that something so complicated looking could be answered so simply. I've learned that the best way to answer some "logical" questions is to be "illogical," If it was all logic there wouldn't leave much room for creativity now, would it?

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #73 of 96
Well, dressage are at the core point of understanding, you'll need just a handful of non-cognitive mechanisms (acquired through training) before the cognitive processes at all can get started.

Now.. be a good dog and fetch that stick and you're in for a treat!

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #74 of 96
Then why F and not E?

Quote:
4 seems to be F to me.

There is 3 of each color for each length. So:

3x 3 dark gray
3x 3 light gray
2x 3 black <---

3x 2 black
3x 2 light gray
2x 2 dark gray <----

3x 1 black
3x 1 dark gray
2x 1 light gray <----

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #75 of 96
"People who place any merit in IQ tests are those with little intelligence at all."

Straight-up. Intelligence is perception and after all it doesn't make you a better person. Additionally, half of the people in Mensa have no lives. I can vouch for that. Einstein was nowhere near the most intuitive or revolutionary thinker in history. How bout we use other examples =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back