Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 8, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #736 of 1,629
Oh sht, my GK10 was shipped yesterday. When it said "pre-order", I thought I'd be waiting way longer. Of course it'll take like 2-3 weeks to actually arrive, but still.

Should be getting my Tanchjim Tanya soon too, and I would imagine the Honeydews will ship from Germany tomorrow or Tuesday.

Exciting times! Really hoping I'll find the perfect IEM for me so I can skip on buying way, way more expensive closed-back cans for those times when I need isolation.

Aug 8, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #737 of 1,629
By deep fit, do you mean the IEMs in your ears or the tips over the nozzles of the IEM? Also, any pictures of the opague Mangird Tea tips? :slight_smile:
By deep fit, IEMs in the the ear.
PXL_20210808_062311332.jpg

This specific version:
PXL_20210808_061845111.jpg

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #739 of 1,629
Oh sht, my GK10 was shipped yesterday. When it said "pre-order", I thought I'd be waiting way longer. Of course it'll take like 2-3 weeks to actually arrive, but still.

Should be getting my Tanchjim Tanya soon too, and I would imagine the Honeydews will ship from Germany tomorrow or Tuesday.

Exciting times! Really hoping I'll find the perfect IEM for me so I can skip on buying way, way more expensive closed-back cans for those times when I need isolation.

Nice! The Tanya is such a solid little contender. Very clean, very unobtrusive, decent separation and a nice bit of bass. It's the IEM I have stashed in my work bag just because it's so lightweight and if it were to go missing it's not the greatest loss.

It does sound as though you've caught an IEM bug though, so I imagine you'll end up developing a collection of these instead of closed-back headphones :D

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #742 of 1,629
It does sound as though you've caught an IEM bug though, so I imagine you'll end up developing a collection of these instead of closed-back headphones :D
Hahah, a bit for sure, yeah. Still eyeing the Penon Audio Globe and Yanyin Aladdin too, but those two are in the same price category as the Honeydews--that is, a bit much to be a total impulse buy currently--so I'll wait a bit before I check those out.

Of course I've also got a bunch of tips on the way lol.

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #743 of 1,629
Hahah, a bit for sure, yeah. Still eyeing the Penon Audio Globe and Yanyin Aladdin too, but those two are in the same price category as the Honeydews--that is, a bit much to be a total impulse buy currently--so I'll wait a bit before I check those out.

Of course I've also got a bunch of tips on the way lol.

Tips are probably the golden key to IEMs. Do everything you can to get that seal. Beyond seal, there's then bore diameter, bore depth and tip material that can alter the signature. If the tonality is off slightly in one area a tip change can, 9 times out of 10, get you there.

I'll be looking out for your GK10 impressions!

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #744 of 1,629
I have been using the Mangird Teas and Blon 03s for a year. And recently gotten hold of the GK10. Had them burned in for 30 hrs. After quite abit of tip rolling, the GK10 is besting out the Mangird Teas for me. Vocals and overall PraT is better on the GK10s. And they are 200 bucks cheaper then the Mangirds.

These GK10s are really so tip dependent. For me, I had to find a Tip that has mid sized bore size, between those provided with the GK10. And also a deep fit, rather a then a shallow Fit. The opaque tips that came with the Mangird Teas gives the best tonal balance for me.
Yes, I am finding them very tip sensitive. I have ditched the Spiral Dots and gone back to the stock tips and the treble has been restored. They are also cable dependent as well. The TRI Through and Limpid Pro didn't quite work for me and I'm now using a Senlee hybrid cable, and there's more life in the sound now. Burn in continues...

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #745 of 1,629
Tips are probably the golden key to IEMs. Do everything you can to get that seal. Beyond seal, there's then bore diameter, bore depth and tip material that can alter the signature. If the tonality is off slightly in one area a tip change can, 9 times out of 10, get you there.

I'll be looking out for your GK10 impressions!

Ya, the tip rolling world is definitely a much more complicated one than I had previously thought. Always figured it was all about comfort and seal, but it seems I've been mistaken. I actually have a pretty solid collection of various tips already, but the dumbass I am, I've had them all in one box (a plastic one that came with the Fiio FH3) so I have no idea what tips any of them actually are.

Gonna have to try and be a bit more organized with all future tips. Might even get one of those screw storage boxes, you know, the ones with the various little compartments to organize the tips (and cables and why not the IEMs too).

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #746 of 1,629
Tempted to add one of these to my next Penon purchase for the heck of it. @ian91 How is the midrange weight/tone compared to something like the Isabellae? I found the Isa to be a tad thin on the mids.

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #747 of 1,629
Tempted to add one of these to my next Penon purchase for the heck of it. @ian91 How is the midrange weight/tone compared to something like the Isabellae? I found the Isa to be a tad thin on the mids.

Note weight is heavier owed to the midbass presence supporting it all, tone is warm-neutral. Less bright than Isa.

Hope this helps!

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #748 of 1,629
Note weight is heavier owed to the midbass presence supporting it all, tone is warm-neutral. Less bright than Isa.

Hope this helps!
Sounds good, thanks for the comparison. Looks like I'm boarding the train as well lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back