Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #16 of 1,620
Initially didn't bother to try the Geek Wold GK10 at all as I thought it will probably has similar sonic performance as IEMs in that price range but succumb to it in the end eventually. Glad I finally tried it. Fresh out of the box, it has an engaging and fun sound. What a bargain for its price.

The more I listened to the GK10, I cannot imagine this is only under 50 USD. Its sonic performance is way beyond its price.

IMG_20210724_141315_331.jpg

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #18 of 1,620
Got any estimation on how long it wil be? This could turn out great. Might grab one in one week or two :)

Probably looking at few weeks to months I imagine. I wouldn't hang around specifically for the purple one (unless you're dead set on it), the blue is quite a looker too.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #19 of 1,620
Probably looking at few weeks to months I imagine. I wouldn't hang around specifically for the purple one (unless you're dead set on it), the blue is quite a looker too.

Yeah, I wont. Ill order mine in a week and see whats in stock. Just dont like the red one

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #20 of 1,620
Yeah, I wont. Ill order mine in a week and see whats in stock. Just dont like the red one

Agreed. The red doesn't appeal to me at all. Having said that, there is clearly huge variability in the wood colours even within the same colour. I ordered the blue one but my blue looks much lighter, verging on grey, whereas Dsnuts has a very intense blue. So be prepared for surprises, whatever you order.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #22 of 1,620
My blue version of the Geek Wold GK 10 has just reached Langley in UK. Not seen such excitement in the budget IEM world since the original Tin Audio T2, and then the Blon 03. I'm going to put a TRi through cable and some L Spiral dots on. Sometime a very talented tuner get an IEM just right and we are the beneficiaries. Looking forwards to using them with my HiBy R5, and then my ifi Hip-Dac. Exciting.

Jul 24, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #23 of 1,620
My blue version of the Geek Wold GK 10 has just reached Langley in UK. Not seen such excitement in the budget IEM world since the original Tin Audio T2, and then the Blon 03. I'm going to put a TRi through cable and some L Spiral dots on. Sometime a very talented tuner get an IEM just right and we are the beneficiaries. Looking forwards to using them with my HiBy R5, and then my ifi Hip-Dac. Exciting.

Look forward to hearing your impressions. The GK10 is a clear winner to my ears over the BL-03. It is slightly cooler in its presentation but the amount of technical gusto and coherence is unbeatable. It wipes the floor with the BL-03 on complex music, as you would expect of a multi-driver IEM.

Jul 24, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #25 of 1,620
waiting for a blue/green, or any darker color,

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #26 of 1,620
I wonder how do they scale with more powerful sources and what would be the sweet spot regarding output power?

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #27 of 1,620
Please find my quick and dirty review here.

I didn't want to sit on this and it was a pleasure putting it together. Now back to listening to my library!

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #28 of 1,620
When did you order, if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered on the 9th July and the HK tracking still says they've left HK, but there's no sign of them in UK tracking yet, just that they've departed country of origin.
I don't mind, in fact since there's a pandemic on I kinda appreciate that at least some of the delay is due to safety measures as everyone tries to stay safe, my new toy can wait.
But I am excited!

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #29 of 1,620
When did you order, if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered on the 9th July and the HK tracking still says they've left HK, but there's no sign of them in UK tracking yet, just that they've departed country of origin.
I don't mind, in fact since there's a pandemic on I kinda appreciate that at least some of the delay is due to safety measures as everyone tries to stay safe, my new toy can wait.
But I am excited!

My package is registered by RM as having left Hong Kong on the 15th July and landed on the 22nd. Hopefully yours arrives soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back