Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #646 of 1,620
@chen siyuan

Fix the QC,
test every unit before leaving the factory,
then charge +$5 more,
I would happily pay a bit more for 100% working unit.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #649 of 1,620
Does gk10 have metallic or harsh treble because of the BA? I sold all my CCA because of the BAs....can't stand it? (and stick with the dq6), but now I'm tempted from the hype :)

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #650 of 1,620
has anybody tried the gk10 with these tracks?

i've got the sacd format, and this is one of those albums in which i 'feel' the limits of my zax

First time I've heard this. Listened over coffee with the GK10. Very beautiful and the GK10 does it justice. It copes with the instrumental and vocal separations and sensitivities beautifully. The GK10 is not just for rock guitars it handles delicate and classical music so well.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #651 of 1,620
I'm the opposite. I don't want fancy accessories and packaging.
As long as the cable is of reasonable quality, fitting to the price, then that is good enough to me. I don't want multiple terminations, I'd rather buy after market items that I need/want than have then forced upon me. The new GK10 cable looks to be fit for purpose for the next model.

We all have our own preference when it comes to tips, so, again, I'm happy with minimum and to buy my personal preference after market (not that I need to as already have a tip mountain!).

Packaging will hit the recycle bin once I've confirmed that all is fine with the item, so again basic is good. I suspect that the majority of sales will be on line, so no need for fancy packaging to stand out on a store shelf to encourage sales.
Agree with packaging, don't want fancy packaging. But better accessories is welcome and if the set of accessories works OOTB then nothing like it. The reason for recommending modular cable is that it saves the hassle of switching cables when going for balanced out. All of us have different individual tendencies of using IEMs and maybe my preferences are a bit like an average user who prefers that whatever is provided in the box should be the best way to enjoy the IEMs. I know all of us tip roll and some of us cable roll as well but that should not mean that the accessories is a department that any promising brand should compromise on.

Aug 6, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #652 of 1,620
Does gk10 have metallic or harsh treble because of the BA? I sold all my CCA because of the BAs....can't stand it? (and stick with the dq6), but now I'm tempted from the hype :)
I don't find the treble more harsh than the DQ6. I would say that the GK10 is better in all departments soundwise. Build is very light, and QC can be a problem. If you get a good copy then it is clearly better than the KZ DQ6, IMHO.

Aug 6, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #654 of 1,620
Just got mine... and they rock out of the box! The cable is not bad either, especially for the price... hell it is better than the cable on the Audiosense T800 (and I bet it won't turn green). Probably the most no-nonsense unboxing experience I've had so far, which is how I like them. Just a box wrapped in plastic with the IEM, a bag of tips plus a few more on the foam, a sleek pouch, reminiscent from the one I got from the Senheiser IE800s. The design is unique, but it is already starting to grow on me!

I was expecting a lot worse sound without burning them in, but I am enjoying them so far. Thanks for another excellent rec @Dsnuts!

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #655 of 1,620
For public disclosure purpose, it will be nice for you to release following:
Issues happened:
## : QC Issue 1 (% of total units sold)
## : QC Issue 2 (% of total units sold)
That will be a “scrap rate”, in a manufacturing process, we have a target scrap rate, some got 0.5% some got 3% depending on the nature of the product and labor skills.

I worked for entertainment/gaming industry, professional industry, and now automotive industry. And from one of those experiences, as an ex-online forum community manager, it will be beneficial for you to consider in maintaining customer awareness.

On social media, there is a negative echo chamber, which basically “the bigger negative shouts will sound bigger and bolder than the actual issue” which QC issues are one of them. Even if you sold 1,000 of the product, 99% of customers will not return any feedbacks, and 1% of who had issues will report back. So even if you got 1 defect out of 1,000, and who reported back was 1 bad and 9 good, it will skew the factual circumstances as “it appears 10% of the products got issue”.

People tend to forget statistical background of the nature when this negatjve echo chamber resonates, and thus it will be beneficial for you to disclose the actual rates, so customers will have a better Idea, along side of warranty police you mentioned above “if it’s not working, we will send a new one, don’t worry too much”

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #656 of 1,620
For public disclosure purpose, it will be nice for you to release following:
Issues happened:
## : QC Issue 1 (% of total units sold)
## : QC Issue 2 (% of total units sold)
That will be a “scrap rate”, in a manufacturing process, we have a target scrap rate, some got 0.5% some got 3% depending on the nature of the product and labor skills.

I worked for entertainment/gaming industry, professional industry, and now automotive industry. And from one of those experiences, as an ex-online forum community manager, it will be beneficial for you to consider in maintaining customer awareness.

On social media, there is a negative echo chamber, which basically “the bigger negative shouts will sound bigger and bolder than the actual issue” which QC issues are one of them. Even if you sold 1,000 of the product, 99% of customers will not return any feedbacks, and 1% of who had issues will report back. So even if you got 1 defect out of 1,000, and who reported back was 1 bad and 9 good, it will skew the factual circumstances as “it appears 10% of the products got issue”.

People tend to forget statistical background of the nature when this negatjve echo chamber tesonates, and thus it will be beneficial for you to disclose the actual rates, so customers will have a better Idea, along side of warranty police you mentioned above “if it’s not working, we will send a new one, don’t worry too much”
The differing frequency responses will be hard to rate in this manner, as a set standard and error allowance have to be determined first

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #657 of 1,620
The differing frequency responses will be hard to rate in this manner, as a set standard and error allowance have to be determined first
Yea of course, that’s the very basics of manufacturing 101, which I thouth Siyuan already got in mind and planned with team to place extensive QC control, or maybe hiring QC employees/ eatablish new full checks instead of statistical sampling.

1st Priority: set up internal QC process to reduce actual source of problem, in automotive this is a must, otherwise people will die and whole groups of companies could face a bankrupt like many others did.

2nd Priority: manage reputations, release honest and transparent numbers, build trust between customers

By the way I feel you are missing great chubk of good juice of this hobby for simply sitting to wait for next model, I personally don’t care if the product got some issues if it has a good warranty policy especially for something that cost less than a proper cable. GK10 is that well made.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #658 of 1,620
Yea of course, that’s the very basics of manufacturing 101, which I thouth Siyuan already got in mind and planned with team to place extensive QC control, or maybe hiring QC employees/ eatablish new full checks instead of statistical sampling.

1st Priority: set up internal QC process to reduce actual source of problem, in automotive this is a must, otherwise people will die and whole groups of companies could face a bankrupt like many others did.

2nd Priority: manage reputations, release honest and transparent numbers, build trust between customers

By the way I feel you are missing great chubk of good juice of this hobby for simply sitting to wait for next model, I personally don’t care if the product got some issues if it has a good warranty policy especially for something that cost less than a proper cable. GK10 is that well made.
My modded Aria is good enough for fomo to not be that big of a thing to me atm :yum: Plus, I am not waiting without reason. Be it the release of the new model or be it the confidence that Geek would take swift action such that the current QC issues would soon be a thing of the past. You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion though :wink:

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #659 of 1,620
My modded Aria is good enough for fomo to not be that big of a thing to me atm :yum: Plus, I am not waiting without reason. Be it the release of the new model or be it the confidence that Geek would take swift action such that the current QC issues would soon be a thing of the past. You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion though :wink:
GK10 has an overall superiority than modded Aria👍
Mainly in articulating higher register textures, and better separations in lower registers.
Transient is still quicker on Aria, LCP driver after all beats all other dynamic drivers IMO. So I can see people prefer a quicker and more natural bass would love Aria(modded) the better.

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #660 of 1,620
GK10 has an overall superiority than modded Aria👍
Mainly in articulating higher register textures, and better separations in lower registers.
Transient is still quicker on Aria, LCP driver after all beats all other dynamic drivers IMO. So I can see people prefer a quicker and more natural bass would love Aria(modded) the better.
Maybe not- the rating was done with Xelastec tips and I'm using it with the A07 tips which I prefer over the Xelastecs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back