Geek Wave: Limited Time Indiegogo Only Pricing
Feb 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #47 of 163
Wait, why do we need 2 threads for the Geek Wave?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/713829/light-harmonic-geek-wave

This was an official announcement by the sponsor about getting special pricing? I dunno really. The other thread will still be relevant once the campaign ends and the Wave is for sale on shelves. This one won't really be, based on the content in the OP.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #49 of 163
  We have no intention of attacking any of our competitors.  Nowhere in our comparisons did we say anything negative about Fiio or any other DAP manufacturer.  Our purpose with the comparison chart was to simply reference another portable player that people would be more familiar with to showcase the features and comparisons of Geek Wave.  Comparison charts are common practice within our industry as well as a multitude of others.  

We understand that you're a Fiio supporter and completely appreciate your support of them and their product offerings.  It's our goal to have supporters just like yourself to speak highly of Geek Wave and all of our other product lines in the future.  

You are indeed correct about the standalone DAC capabilities of the Fiio X5.  We will update the chart ASAP.

When it comes to THD measurements, Fiio measures from 0 - 22.5 kHZ.  We measure from 0 - 90 kHz in order to provide a much more accurate representation of of Hi-Rez playback.  

Once again, thank you for your comments and alerting us to our standalone DAC mistake in the comparison chart.

Sorry - this doesn't wash.  And don't think it's because I am specifically a Fiio supporter.  I'm a supporter of anyone who can get quality components and usability for audio enthusiasts - and do it ethically.  Fiio just happens to be one of them.

What doesn't wash is that you specifically targeted the Fiio X5 (which is OK as long as you are truthful about the comparison) - but you chose to put misrepresentative and misleading data in your table which puts the Fiio in a bad light comparatively.

In short - you very deliberately lied about the comparison.

Not exactly good business practise.

I'll leave it there.

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #51 of 163

and still is

you my friend. win the award of the most important/fruitful comment in this thread
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #53 of 163
I'm new to the crowd-funding scene but was compelled enough to put in my money for the "dream" player wave 128 IEM a few weeks ago. Totally pumped to have something well-beyond what I need at this point. My questions:

• Is there some sort of warranty if the product is defective or otherwise bogus?
  • As there will be a unique OS with AOS1, my assumption is that LH will continue support for bug fixes and UI updates--please confirm.
  • Will our purchases be left in the dust when/if AOS2 comes around (or even AOS1.0001)?

All this being said, I do think that LH could benefit from starting a product development thread on Head-Fi, similar to FiiO. I understand there is a blog for that but it looks strange on a mobile device.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #54 of 163
My first impulse was: go for it, specs and looks are very very promising.

Then I matched my impulse with my real life experience with the geek out-pulse campaign, and then I remember promising to myself: Never again.

I am no audiophile, but a music lover since the early 70's and I think LH's customer service should be the very worst in the industry.

Don't take me wrong I think their products will be as good as promised, but the service is dismal, period.

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #57 of 163
  My first impulse was: go for it, specs and looks are very very promising.

Then I matched my impulse with my real life experience with the geek out-pulse campaign, and then I remember promising to myself: Never again.

I am no audiophile, but a music lover since the early 70's and I think LH's customer service should be the very worst in the industry.

Don't take me wrong I think their products will be as good as promised, but the service is dismal, period.

What was the issue with your Pulse

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #59 of 163
Just to put this out there.  I would worry a little bit about ordering more products from this company.  I paid in full for a Greek Pulse X through the Crowd funding campaign back in November 2013 and I'm still waiting to take a delivery of my unit.  The latest update (two weeks ago) said that they still have problems with populating PCB boards on the balanced versions.  Worst yet, they have no firm delivery date of the balanced versions insight.  Why don't you guys just concentrate on fulfilling your previous orders first rather than taking new ones.  Seriously make it right with the current orders first!

Oh...I do want my money back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back