Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 31, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #13,563 of 13,800
Lots of people have contacted us asking us to participate. Overall impression seems to be fairly positive. The spreadsheet is being built and loaded now. When you're entered into the system, you'll get an acknowledgment note back and the ticket will be "closed".

Changed "closed" to "Resolved". Too much confusion over backers why their ticket was "closed".

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #13,566 of 13,800
Too much confusion over backers why their ticket was "closed".

I see your repeated misuse of the word "over" is likely the problem with any confusion, you don't seem to understand the meaning of that word or it's correct usage in English.

I couldn't even begin to count the total number of posts where you've misused the word "over", and any backer confusion about closed tickets was caused by the arbitrary and premature closing of those tickets by LHL/LH with no actual attempt at resolution.

This has been true for years now Jarek, so don't try to blame previous staff members thinking that's an easy out.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #13,567 of 13,800
I see your repeated misuse of the word "over" is likely the problem with any confusion, you don't seem to understand the meaning of that word or it's correct usage in English.

I couldn't even begin to count the total number of posts where you've misused the word "over", and any backer confusion about closed tickets was caused by the arbitrary and premature closing of those tickets by LHL/LH with no actual attempt at resolution.

This has been true for years now Jarek, so don't try to blame previous staff members thinking that's an easy out.

That was a typo, it meant to say "from" backers, "over" why their ticket was closed. Like so:

Changed "closed" to "Resolved". Too much confusion from backers over why their ticket was "closed".

Thanks though, you're thinking very deeply over these things!

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #13,571 of 13,800
I just got them, but to be honest I have to play with the fit, my initial take is that the provided tips are not that great. I got so used to the Campfire Comets that Stella seems so big and not the most comfortable earphones. The provided foam tips are not memory foam definitely not Comply level. But I will play with them more once I order some aftermarket tips

Feb 13, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #13,572 of 13,800
NEVER thought I’d see the day. My Stella arrived today, and frankly I am astonished to have received anything at all. Was it pangs of conscience that drove them to it? Or business liabilities stemming from the unfulfilled Indiegogo orders, or perhaps an oversupply of these earphones?
It doesn’t really matter to me anymore. I gave up three years ago and bought a Chord Hugo 2, which easily outperforms Geek Pulse Infinity anyway, as do obviously hosts of other DACS out there now.
Yet I have to say I feel happy and more than a little relieved to get these devices. IEMs were not on my radar, but they might have a use for me, and actually I think they’re pretty good. From my Astell & Kern SE100’s balanced output, I am startled by the amount of HF coming through. Sound is detailed and hot in that region, without being fatiguing. Bass is full and rich but highly dependent on seal - obviously as with all IEMs. I’ll need to experiment with that. There’s a decent range of tips in the presentation box to try out.
How good these IEMs ultimately are I cannot say, as I can only compare them to my HiFiMan HE-560 planar headphones. Driven also by AK SE100, the latter are a lot tamer in the high end and offer a rounder, more composed overall listen. But I like them both. The Stellas are impressively incisive. The main thing for me is that getting this box of tricks puts a degree of closure to a real horror story in the annals of audio. Thank you Jarek et al.
BUT…! never again.

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #13,573 of 13,800
NEVER thought I’d see the day. My Stella arrived today, and frankly I am astonished to have received anything at all. Was it pangs of conscience that drove them to it? Or business liabilities stemming from the unfulfilled Indiegogo orders, or perhaps an oversupply of these earphones?

Glad to hear! thanks for the update, I hope they will ship out to everyone and not just tease people with a few shipped out IEM's. I really really hope I get to write a message similar to yours, but I have not heard from them for 3 weeks, and assume I will see messages resembling "sorry, they will be shipped next month" every few months haha :p.

I really hope you prove me wrong Jarek!!! :) Any updates ???

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #13,574 of 13,800
Jarek, my ticket was closed just under 3 weeks ago and I was told I was put on a list for the Stella. Will I ever receive a shipping notification?

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #13,575 of 13,800
Yet I have to say I feel happy and more than a little relieved to get these devices. IEMs were not on my radar, but they might have a use for me, and actually I think they’re pretty good. From my Astell & Kern SE100’s balanced output, I am startled by the amount of HF coming through. Sound is detailed and hot in that region, without being fatiguing. Bass is full and rich but highly dependent on seal - obviously as with all IEMs.

Glad you like them. You're welcome! Happy listening! :)

Glad to hear! thanks for the update, I hope they will ship out to everyone and not just tease people with a few shipped out IEM's. I really really hope I get to write a message similar to yours, but I have not heard from them for 3 weeks, and assume I will see messages resembling "sorry, they will be shipped next month" every few months haha :p.

I really hope you prove me wrong Jarek!!! :) Any updates ???

Jarek, my ticket was closed just under 3 weeks ago and I was told I was put on a list for the Stella. Will I ever receive a shipping notification?

They've shipped out a bunch but the guy in charge of the office/shipping had to take some unexpected personal leave so shipments are behind. I know they just got shipped some Mera as well for additional supply/shipments. I think they're going to try to start shipping again on Monday, but no guarantees yet. I wish I was in the office overseeing everything, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back