Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 22, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #12,976 of 13,800
Really?
Before 2020.
Why do amps take so long?
That's crazy.

Mike

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #12,979 of 13,800
I pulled my Signature Edition Pulse and LPS4 out yesterday and played it for a couple of hours and WOW! I totally forgot how great sounding this thing is! I recently acquired some iems from Bob Trinity of IMR called R1 and man, what an astounding match up! All is crystal clear!! Big smiles on my face.

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #12,980 of 13,800
I tried three different iem adapters in my single ended output on my Pulse and I feel an electric shock. I haven't used this thing in months! So, it's some that just started. Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction in troubleshooting the issue because I don't want to send it back in for repair...

Thanks in advance!!

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #12,981 of 13,800
I think the "before 2020" line was meant to have a dash of humor in it. There were significantly less configuration options for the amps compared to the Pulse or Wave, so hopefully the amps won't take as long to release once LH has finally caught up with the previous campaigns.

2020 wasn't humor, it was likely the only honest answer we've ever had from them. Sad part is they won't even come close to making 2020.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #12,982 of 13,800
I tried three different iem adapters in my single ended output on my Pulse and I feel an electric shock. I haven't used this thing in months! So, it's some that just started. Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction in troubleshooting the issue because I don't want to send it back in for repair...

Thanks in advance!!
I found out it was a static problem and the solution was to unplug it, toggle both switches (Pulse/LPS4) on & off a few times. Plug everything back up and it will be resolved. I answered this just in case some else had this issue!

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #12,983 of 13,800
so according to the last meaningful update (https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000044371-pulse-production-update-2-10-18), production for the next batch of 50 Pulses was meant to begin on the 3rd week of Feb, then take around 50 days until completion by LHLabs.

It's now mid April, and if everything had gone to plan the units should be winging their way to backers.

But of course this hasn't happened and again there's not been a peep from LHLabs about what has gone wrong. I can't even get confirmation that the batch of boards were received from the fabled 'Da Vinci Production Factory', which should have been completed some time in the middle of March. The best I can get from Jareck on the LHLabs forums is that
Larry is in Asia and is working with that manufacturer to make sure the boards were properly made and to place the new order for the second batch, assuming the first batch is fine.
That was more than 2 weeks ago and still there's no info on what's actually going on.

the garbage-train that is LHLabs continues...

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #12,987 of 13,800
Coming up on 3 months for me now since I opened my ticket regarding the USB input. I've received not even an acknowledgement from the engineering team. CanJam SoCal has come and gone.

Guess I'll try out the Schiit Eitr for the time being. I'll be vising the Schiitr tomorrow to compare products.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #12,989 of 13,800
Coming up on 3 months for me now since I opened my ticket regarding the USB input. I've received not even an acknowledgement from the engineering team. CanJam SoCal has come and gone.

Guess I'll try out the Schiit Eitr for the time being. I'll be vising the Schiitr tomorrow to compare products.
I ordered a Schiit Jotunheim Multibit last night.
Ordered a Fiio X5 gen 3 for a DAP a few days ago.
Ordering all of the stuff I already paid LH Labs for years ago.
The great concepts of 4 years ago have already been a consumer reality for a while now.

Mike

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #12,990 of 13,800
I live in China, not far from Shenzhen (I’m guessing the factory is located there?) - want me to go over there and ask? :)
That would be just lovely - I don't see how we're getting any info otherwise.

Ask them what's up with the design that makes them impossible to manufacture.

Also find out if the batch size was really 50 - that seems ridiculously small to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back