Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 9, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #12,527 of 13,800
Actually my favourite part was the “100% delivered” and “Shipping complete” sections which shows LH Labs has 100% delivered most things - including the Geek Pulse I’m still awaiting.

You can find his latest chart/graph/presentation/representation at https://www.instagram.com/p/BY0GWb2nbw3/
Agreed. Nothing like avoiding saying years behind and over-committed and then showing a graph that has false information as part of a new communication plan.

Mike

Sep 9, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #12,528 of 13,800
And what's with hosting an image of the doc on Instagram? I'll admit it's much better than using YouTube like they did in the last wave update, but they do realise they have a website of their own, right?

Actually, given the frequency with which anyone from lhLabs posts there, maybe they have actually forgotten it exists...

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #12,529 of 13,800
And what's with hosting an image of the doc on Instagram? I'll admit it's much better than using YouTube like they did in the last wave update, but they do realise they have a website of their own, right?

Actually, given the frequency with which anyone from lhLabs posts there, maybe they have actually forgotten it exists...

Due to the “expense of maintaining a website” (and the fact that you can retrieve data off it to remind you of what perks you purchased 3 years ago), all LH Labs communications will henceforth take place in Snapchat.

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #12,530 of 13,800
I love how with every update the shipment dates are just one or two months away. I'm close of 4 years of waiting on the damn Pulse

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #12,531 of 13,800
Perhaps a step in the right direction. Now let's see if it leads to actually resolving some of the serious problems people are having.

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #12,533 of 13,800
Does anyone know if the Pulse Xfi has balanced DAC-only output? If I wanted to use the DAC portion but route that to another amplifier, can that be done? I apologize, I'm not super up on all routing particulars or best practices. I figure I probably don't want the amp coloring the sound though if I want the DAC signal going to a different amp.

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #12,534 of 13,800
Does anyone know if the Pulse Xfi has balanced DAC-only output? If I wanted to use the DAC portion but route that to another amplifier, can that be done? I apologize, I'm not super up on all routing particulars or best practices. I figure I probably don't want the amp coloring the sound though if I want the DAC signal going to a different amp.

Yes, it does. I'm using my Pulse Infinity as the DAC with a Cavalli Liquid Carbon (v1) as the amp right now, with XLR line-level connections between the two.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #12,536 of 13,800
So the RCA out and the XLR out are both line-level? The manual makes it sounds like the RCA is line level but is unclear on the two XLR left and right outputs on the back.

I ask specifically cause I'm interested in that Massdrop Liquid Carbon X and wanted to know if the Pulse Xfi would be a suitable DAC for it. Do you dig that combo? Any other info or take on all that?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #12,538 of 13,800
Yes, the RCA and XLR output on the back are both line level outputs. Better yet, they each have their own output buffers so you can use both at the same time with no ill effects or interaction. One caveat is that the volume control affects the line outputs the same as it does the headphone outputs, however, the headphone amp gain selection does not affect the line outs.

I rather like the sound of my Geek Pulse X infinity and would highly recommend this DAC for the sound quality, HOWEVER... I don't recommend any Geek Pulse because of their less than excellent reliability record, or any LH Labs product because of the poor management and business practices of LH Labs, and their potential longevity (for servicing products that do fail in the future). Perhaps the business will turn around with their new communication person Jarek and (hopefully) the release and shipment of the Source and Waves.

J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back