Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 9, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #12,271 of 13,800
I use Moode with my RPi after switching from the old version of Volumio.  It plays anything supported by MPD including Hi-Res no problem.  Getting something like an intona or regen in the chain will make a world of difference though.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #12,273 of 13,800
I got an answer from tech support with the latest (v1.27............) MCU app.bin file, loaded it onto my freshly formatted in FAT microSD, popped it in my phone to confirm it worked, then powered down the Pulse X Infinity, loaded the SD card, powered on again, no change. Did it all from scratch again, no change. Reformatted the microSD card, no change. 

The problem with my display glitch isn't the end of the world and the 2V0 firmware does seem more stable USB handshake wise than the 1V5 I was using before, BUT it's killing me that I "upgraded" to the X Infinity in 2.0 chassis so that I wouldn't have to send my unit in in case it needed an MCU upgrade, and now that's exactly how it'd have to go down... 

I won't be sending mine in. I'll use it, maybe mod it and try to use up some of that empty space inside the nice looking chassis, then eventually if it breaks I'll move onto a new component. No more money going to LH Labs for me. Not even for shipping. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #12,279 of 13,800
After more than 3 years waiting, tomorrow I will get my Pulse Infinity DAC 2.0...

Can you advice about what driver and firmware should I use?

Thanks

Wow, that was a long wait Rui, however, I believe you will enjoy the sound quality and hopefully you will not have any problems with it.  You may sometimes have trouble with the initial handshake but powering the unit off and on again tends to solve the problem for me.  Worst case, you power the unit off and on then reboot Windows.  Once up and running it does sound very good!

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #12,281 of 13,800
Update the firmware and the handshake problem disappears.

Hi gikikill, it is updated but I believe it may be related to the having a REGEN, a Revive and sometimes both in the signal path.

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #12,282 of 13,800
Does putting a Revive and a Regen in line make improvements?

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #12,283 of 13,800
Have a Revive in my chain. Yes, it has improved my SQ.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #12,285 of 13,800
As on previous threads problem with firmware upgrade is that the DFU (Dead Fu#@ing Unit) utility doesn't have checks if what you are flashing is compatible to the unit.

You need to double/triple check the .bin  and pray Hail Mary when doing.

I let my GP Infinity left on for the most part. Once in a while I have connection issues. A simple restart will resolve the issue. Don't know if its is caused by Power management in part of Android TV. But it seldom occurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back