Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #12,286 of 13,800

Wow, that was a long wait Rui, however, I believe you will enjoy the sound quality and hopefully you will not have any problems with it.  You may sometimes have trouble with the initial handshake but powering the unit off and on again tends to solve the problem for me.  Worst case, you power the unit off and on then reboot Windows.  Once up and running it does sound very good!

Worse case is when you need support cause there isn't any.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #12,287 of 13,800
Does putting a Revive and a Regen in line make improvements?

It does in my setups (Home Theater/Stereo and personal headphone).  Details are sharper, more focused, but less strident and a quieter background too.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #12,288 of 13,800
  As on previous threads problem with firmware upgrade is that the DFU (Dead Fu#@ing Unit) utility doesn't have checks if what you are flashing is compatible to the unit.

You need to double/triple check the .bin  and pray Hail Mary when doing.

I let my GP Infinity left on for the most part. Once in a while I have connection issues. A simple restart will resolve the issue. Don't know if its is caused by Power management in part of Android TV. But it seldom occurs.

Nice definition for the DFU acronym and not enough mea culpa's, Michael!
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #12,289 of 13,800
Does putting a Revive and a Regen in line make improvements?

It does in my setups (Home Theater/Stereo and personal headphone).  Details are sharper, more focused, but less strident and a quieter background too.

I have one of each at home, haven't really compared, just alternate, just now I did a quickie comparison, seems to me the Revive is sharper, quieter, more open than the Regen (this is a really quick back and forth). I have to try them together.
(I had just upgraded my MicroZOTL2 through Mojo Audio, and gotten their Illuminati LPS for it; was feeling things were not quite right until I changed from the Regen to the Revive. Using Geek Out Special Edition v1 out of PC, HEK v1 at the end)

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #12,290 of 13,800
(Now if they could only get it together and get gear to their backers...)

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #12,291 of 13,800
I have one of each at home, haven't really compared, just alternate, just now I did a quickie comparison, seems to me the Revive is sharper, quieter, more open than the Regen (this is a really quick back and forth). I have to try them together.
(I had just upgraded my MicroZOTL2 through Mojo Audio, and gotten their Illuminati LPS for it; was feeling things were not quite right until I changed from the Regen to the Revive. Using Geek Out Special Edition v1 out of PC, HEK v1 at the end)

I hope I can try Revive.  Between Regen and Intona, Intona makes a huge impact to Pulse Infinity in terms of clarity and transparency.

Mar 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #12,292 of 13,800
I hope I can try Revive.  Between Regen and Intona, Intona makes a huge impact to Pulse Infinity in terms of clarity and transparency.

I only had Revive for a short time before it stopped working properly. I remember hearing a small but noticeable difference in the positive direction with it. I didn't like the way the Regen sounded with the Inifinity. No experience with the Intona however.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #12,293 of 13,800
Finally, I tried my Pulse Infinity DAC v2, but when I use the Toslink input it stops every 5 secs...

For Toslink input I'm using an Android Box, and it's working fine on my other DAC.

Do you also have this issue?

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #12,294 of 13,800
Rudy, I am using an Android box too through UAPP. No problems for me on toslink nor rca spdif.

If you are using UAPP, try increasing buffers to 16384. And enable Bitperfect.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #12,298 of 13,800
That's what I've been told-I use adaptor to go into my MicroZOTL2's single ended input from my balanced cable, but I don't think you can do it the other way.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #12,299 of 13,800
You can't (or most certainly should not) connect a SE headphone to a balanced output. This will short the L- and R- legs of the amp and will quite possibly smoke your amp. If you are lucky and don't kill the amp, the next most likely result is distorted sound. Not good either way.

J.P.

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #12,300 of 13,800
Have somebody tried to issue a ticket in support lately? I can login in support. But when I wan't to issue a ticket it will say my account is suspended. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back