Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 25, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #11,987 of 13,800
Have to admit I used to have drop-out issues fairly often. Got used to turning my Pulse Infinity off and on to make it work again. However those days are (hopefully) over. I recently got a new computer and therefore had to reload the software/drivers and haven't had an issue since. Seems like those bugs have been worked out (at least for my setup - Infinity & Windows 10). Cheers 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #11,988 of 13,800
The newest firmware is not completely bug free, seems it still have problems with sample rate switching, with one channel dropping out. It doesn't really bother me much I just use a different filter than closed form for 48khz pcm/dsd

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #11,989 of 13,800
Cork top added. It was an easy change before I create a wood top out of purpleheart or wenge.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #11,990 of 13,800
Cool!

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #11,991 of 13,800
I will go ahead and attach the latest firmware version for your unit in the email below. The online step-by-step procedure for updating your unit can be found here If the Pulse refuses to connect, try disconnecting the USB cable from the back of the Pulse, wait for about 3 seconds, then reconnect. The Pulse should then connect and update.
The MTX on the other hand cannot be updated from he field unfortunately. However, 2.0 was a very stable firmware and I can proudly tell you that from my experience with working alongside these dacs. Let me know if the MAIN firmware update resolves the issues you've been experiencing with your unit.

Hello everyone!

I just received the email and attached lasted firmware from LHLabs for my Pulse Dac. I will do such updating upon Im back my home (from my office now).

However, I really dont know the meaning of the sentence "The MTX on the other hand cannot be updated from he field unfortunately". Could you advise me what the MTX mean? I did google such but cannot find the meaning thereof.

Thanks & regards,

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #11,992 of 13,800

Hello everyone!

I just received the email and attached lasted firmware from LHLabs for my Pulse Dac. I will do such updating upon Im back my home (from my office now).

However, I really dont know the meaning of the sentence "The MTX on the other hand cannot be updated from he field unfortunately". Could you advise me what the MTX mean? I did google such but cannot find the meaning thereof.

Thanks & regards,

Believe they're talking about the firmware for the display, which shows up as MCU in the menu. For the original (V1) Pulse chassis the display firmware could only be changed at the factory. For the updated (V2) chassis they included a card slot to allow that part to be updated in the field as well. 

However, if someone know "MTX" as something different, please let me know. 

Cheers 

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #11,993 of 13,800

Hello everyone!

Thanks & regards,

MTX refers to the matrix display.

Only the newer Pulse 2.0 units are able to have their display board firmware flashed in the field (by you), the Pulse 1.0 units have a matrix display board that can only be firmware updated by LH Labs. 

EDIT: my post crossed in cyberspace with that of @mscott58 above.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #11,994 of 13,800
Nov 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #11,995 of 13,800
  Believe they're talking about the firmware for the display, which shows up as MCU in the menu. For the original (V1) Pulse chassis the display firmware could only be changed at the factory. For the updated (V2) chassis they included a card slot to allow that part to be updated in the field as well. 

However, if someone know "MTX" as something different, please let me know. 

Cheers 

MTX refers to the matrix display.

Only the newer Pulse 2.0 units are able to have their display board firmware flashed in the field (by you), the Pulse 1.0 units have a matrix display board that can only be firmware updated by LH Labs. 

EDIT: my post crossed in cyberspace with that of @mscott58 above.

thank you all. I have just completed the updating. And now my DAC works well. The volume issue is totally solved@@

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #11,996 of 13,800

thank you all. I have just completed the updating. And now my DAC works well. The volume issue is totally solved@@Con

Congrats!

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #11,997 of 13,800
you guys notice the go2a reserve now link doesn't work?  hopefully lh labs gets back from their thanksgiving vacations soon..  so they can process my go2a signature cancellation refund :p

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #11,999 of 13,800

Curious about why 2.29 would work as I wouldn't expect LH Labs to have done 2.29 with a driver signature but not 3.26?  

Below is what they told me to do:

The new Windows 10 update has changed the way it accepts digitally signed drivers so if it doesn't like the way one of the drivers is signed, it will block it from being used with the computer. You will need to disable that feature and all should work then.   
Here is what I've found, "Many programs which use driver files do not have digital signature authentication, such as the phone drivers or other USB drivers. To receive verified certificates, manufacturers or developers have to pay Microsoft, and this makes lots of drivers are not accessible in Windows. To install the unsigned drivers on your computer and make them work properly, you need to disable driver signature enforcement." Link  

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #12,000 of 13,800
Below is what they told me to do:

The new Windows 10 update has changed the way it accepts digitally signed drivers so if it doesn't like the way one of the drivers is signed, it will block it from being used with the computer. You will need to disable that feature and all should work then. 

Here is what I've found, "Many programs which use driver files do not have digital signature authentication, such as the phone drivers
 or other USB drivers. To receive verified certificates, manufacturers or developers have to pay Microsoft, and this makes lots of drivers are not accessible in Windows. To install the unsigned drivers on your computer and make them work properly, you need to disable driver signature enforcement." Link

Received a follow-up email they were able to recreate the problem and looking and updating the driver. They suggest staying with 2.29 for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back