Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 13, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #11,957 of 13,800
Hi all,

I have just got PULSE DAC couple days ago.

My PULSE DAC (stardard version) has the firmware versions as follows:

- Main: 2.0
- MCU: 2.0
- USB control panel: 1V2

It is having the issue with the volume adjustment. When i access the menu options and select one thing (e.g. input select) then the volume adjustment will not work until i restart the DAC. Some function (filter, gain...) also cannot adjust / affect until retarting the DAC.

From website of lhlaps, i know that the current firmware versions are  2.0 - 2.4 - 1V5.

Should I update the MCU and USB firmware versions? how to do that? May such updating solve such issues?  

Thanks all.

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #11,958 of 13,800
Firmware and driver updates always (not all) solve issues.

-Go to lhlabs.com support and sign up
-Issue a ticket and present them your unit's s/n (number sticker bottom of unit)
-play other stuff, forget what you did, but do check from time to time...

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #11,959 of 13,800
Firmware and driver updates always (not all) solve issues.

-Go to lhlabs.com support and sign up
-Issue a ticket and present them your unit's s/n (number sticker bottom of unit)
-play other stuff, forget what you did, but do check from time to time...

Thanks for your sharing. I have opened a ticket 3 days ago but not yet received the respond.

Please detail for me what is the unit's s/n? Is it the figures written in a piece of paper sticked on the bottom of DAC? when i opened the ticket i do not provide such s/n (since it is not required). My ticket therefore may not be valid?

Thanks for you help again.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #11,960 of 13,800
  Thanks for your sharing. I have opened a ticket 3 days ago but not yet received the respond.

Please detail for me what is the unit's s/n? Is it the figures written in a piece of paper sticked on the bottom of DAC? when i opened the ticket i do not provide such s/n (since it is not required). My ticket therefore may not be valid?

​You may need time learning, and using all your Pulse functions. My Pulses took many hours of use to sound its best. Glitches went away with use, and burn in.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #11,961 of 13,800

Yes the Pulse's s/n is on that paper sticker on the bottom of the unit.

You can put a follow-up note on your ticket with the s/n, it is needed according to LH Labs.

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #11,962 of 13,800
Updated my Infinity to firmware version 2V0 and all my connection woes have gone away! Now works as I would expect it to. Did have to wait 21 days for support to respond to my ticket, but all sorted now.

Wish I'd spotted this firmware when it came out months ago. I'm still on LH Labs mailing list, so why can't they let owners know?

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #11,963 of 13,800
  Updated my Infinity to firmware version 2V0 and all my connection woes have gone away! Now works as I would expect it to. Did have to wait 21 days for support to respond to my ticket, but all sorted now.

Wish I'd spotted this firmware when it came out months ago. I'm still on LH Labs mailing list, so why can't they let owners know?

I think they initially provided it out when they were unofficially supporting or testing with DSD256 and gave a chance to all the X and Infinity owners? I don't know but it's not months, I've had 2.0 since 10/23/2015.

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #11,964 of 13,800

Glad it was sorted out bro. Now have a treat of some DSD256 music!

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #11,965 of 13,800

I think they initially provided it out when they were unofficially supporting or testing with DSD256 and gave a chance to all the X and Infinity owners? I don't know but it's not months, I've had 2.0 since 10/23/2015.

I know there were people talking about it on the forums but I don't think LH Labs pushed this out to the masses.

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #11,968 of 13,800
I submitted a ticket last weekend and received the firmware yesterday. So five business days. This is a good trend. Hopefully all the open tickets will be addressed soon.
All I included is it is an Infinity and serial number.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #11,969 of 13,800
I just had to do a fresh WIN10 install on my laptop the Infinity connects through.  I could not get version 3.26 of their Windows driver to be recognize between the laptop and the Infinity.  Could I ask what driver is being used with the Infinity and Windows 10

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #11,970 of 13,800
  I just had to do a fresh WIN10 install on my laptop the Infinity connects through.  I could not get version 3.26 of their Windows driver to be recognize between the laptop and the Infinity.  Could I ask what driver is being used with the Infinity and Windows 10

I just tried the earlier version and it interfaces.  Weird the latest driver doesn't work with Windows 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back