Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 28, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #11,656 of 13,800

I finally got around to opening it up. The mu-metal is in place, the naked resistors all seem to be behaving themselves. There are eight more screws ro remove, they secure the back panel connectors. 

Looks like I'm not the only one to be surprised by the missing mu-metal shield.  For early backers and original campaigners, this was explicitly stated as a replacement for the spdif out that Mr. Ho decided to drop.  LH labs, you guys are shipping out dysfunctional/unfinished kit as well as not delivering to spec.

Again, I have question the testing and evaluation procedures/process of so called reviewers.  

The mu-metal shield should look as follows: 

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #11,658 of 13,800
Popped my cellphone camera on the kensington lock hole at the back (got me worried).

Pwew! There it is (Mu shield) at the bottom left! 

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #11,659 of 13,800
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Popped my cellphone camera on the kensington lock hole at the back (got me worried).

Pwew! There it is (Mu shield) at the bottom left! 

If you wouldn't have posted a proof of an existing mu shield I would have thought that all others were only be able to see one if they had backed the "mu shield hologram glasses" for $168. :wink:

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #11,663 of 13,800
According to Larry himself: "All the backers in 2013 will get the shield."

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #11,664 of 13,800
Can anyone confirm whether or not LHLabs is still in operation or has folded?

I have another 6 months of warranty left and malfunctioning unit. No responses to communication.

Of course i consider myself lucky/smart since no other products due.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #11,667 of 13,800

Another missing Mu shield infinity 2.0 report in.

I am one of the early backers in 2013 that got the infinity in the earliest batch (last Sep/Oct).
Right now I am just disillusioned. This unit hasn't been very reliable, but I think they just did a really lousy job. As I opened it and found out the shield to be missing, I think they are now deceitful. It is funny I was excited watching Larry's video where he talked about how much effort they put into making the Pulse.

EDIT: I also opened my vanilla Pulse a year ago and it has Mu shield. Oh the irony. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #11,668 of 13,800

I am one of the early backers in 2013 that got the infinity in the earliest batch (last Sep/Oct).
Right now I am just disillusioned. This unit hasn't been very reliable, but I think they just did a really lousy job. As I opened it and found out the shield to be missing, I think they are now deceitful. It is funny I was excited watching Larry's video where he talked about how much effort they put into making the Pulse.

EDIT: I also opened my vanilla Pulse a year ago and it has Mu shield. Oh the irony. 
Sorry you're disappointed, but I seriously love my Pulse! I couldn't imagine life without it, now that I've tasted it!!

Aug 29, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #11,669 of 13,800

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I think everyone should check their Pulse.  

LH Labs, us backers are not deliberately trying to make life difficult for you but these are your mistakes and they need to be addressed.

Again, to reiterate my comments from over a year ago, I believe this clown Gavin played everyone and treated this like a game.  I had this discussion with a friend when the Pulse campaign was still running!  

I believe Larry's life as well as everybody else at LH Labs was made unnecessarily difficult in the process as well which has led to the faults and mistakes we see to this day.  

We are closing in on 2017 from a 2013 DAC campaign which still isn't fully delivered.  For the Pulses that I've received, they are faulty from Day 1 and this is simply unacceptable after forking over $4k+.  First and last time I crowdfund anything and LH Labs reputation to me is beyond negative to me.     

Since LH Labs seems focused on Tesla these days, it's funny how Mr. Musk can put a damn car on the road in less time than it takes for LH Labs to deliver a DAC to backers.    

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #11,670 of 13,800
Couldn't have said it better myself.  I think everyone should check their Pulse.  

LH Labs, us backers are not deliberately trying to make life difficult for you but these are your mistakes and they need to be addressed.

Again, to reiterate my comments from over a year ago, I believe this clown Gavin played everyone and treated this like a game.  I had this discussion with a friend when the Pulse campaign was still running!  

I believe Larry's life as well as everybody else at LH Labs was made unnecessarily difficult in the process as well which has led to the faults and mistakes we see to this day.  

We are closing in on 2017 from a 2013 DAC campaign which still isn't fully delivered.  For the Pulses that I've received, they are faulty from Day 1 and this is simply unacceptable after forking over $4k+.  First and last time I crowdfund anything and LH Labs reputation to me is beyond negative to me.     

Since LH Labs seems focused on Tesla these days, it's funny how Mr. Musk can put a damn car on the road in less time than it takes for LH Labs to deliver a DAC to backers.    
Respect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back