Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 18, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #11,626 of 13,800

I backed Geek Pulse 29 October 2013 just seven hours and twelve minutes after Geek Pulse Campaign start.

I was told in December that Pulse Infinity would be sent at the end of the month.
Then it was postponed to February, April, June, Juli and now first week in August.

I was told by Gina at LH LAB in late July that I will receive a shipping notification within the next week or so,
but no shipping notification came.

Now I've got a new message that there are about 100 Pulse Infinity left and about 20 units that are currently ahead of me in their shipping queue.

I can not understand that I have ended up so far back in the queue of 735 bakers of Pulse Infinity.

Is there anyone else here who has backed Pulse Infinity 29th October 2013 and not yet received it?

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #11,627 of 13,800
  @Adrian0115 
I have that over expensive Pulse SE and it is recognised by PC/Mac/ Android only after I power cycle it once. I dont trust these guys to send it back to repair from Europe because I dont think that I will see the unit back again so I have to live with it.  There is no way that this unit was as Larry promissed carefully tuned and tested. They have put some Cardas connectors in and overpiced a nomal infity, at least they could make the minimal effort to test it for that premium price. About the SQ : it sounds lifeless, artificial a real "digital " sound, exactly the contrary of what they have advertised.  I had to buy another Dac, the Chord 2qute, at the half of the price that I have payed for the SE and there a change like night and day: the Chord have a analog beautifull sound and worth every penny.
Let say it by the name, these guys are crooks and we have been cheated. 

@slodyn
Been busy with life and haven't really been on the forums.  I couldn't have said it better myself because the Pulse simply didn't work out of the box.  Power cycling this thing multiple times to get it to work is ridiculous.  Having it randomly try to blow up my headphones simply pisses me off.  I travel between US/Canada, HK, China and I have problems sending to China.  Not to mention I DON'T TRUST China.  

Regarding SQ, I stand by my original posts/statements that I don't have a problem with it but it doesn't stand out because I honestly can't tell the difference between the Pulse, Mytek 192, Benchmark DAC2, Audiolab M-DAC.  I tested all these units head-to-head using HD650s, DT990s.  It was also during this test that I found out the Pulse randomly tries to blow up my headphones.  If this isn't a design flaw, I'm not sure what is.  All other DACs were rock solid no matter how many times I plugged/unplugged the headphones.

What I can say is that after all this time, I'm still relying on a Dragonfly 1.0 that has worked flawlessly since 2012.  Hooked up to a Cubox (powered USB hub in between) running Volumio, I can hit play on my phone as soon as I walk in the door and my music plays.

I really don't have time to mess around with voodoo and rituals just to get LH gear to work.  

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #11,628 of 13,800
Does it read "POTATO"..
blink.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #11,629 of 13,800
  Does it read "POTATO"..
blink.gif

Yes.  Potato Semiconductor.  It's for clock and signal distribution.

There's another quad differential translator by Potato as well.

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #11,630 of 13,800

I backed Geek Pulse 29 October 2013 just seven hours and twelve minutes after Geek Pulse Campaign start.

I was told in December that Pulse Infinity would be sent at the end of the month.
Then it was postponed to February, April, June, Juli and now first week in August.

I was told by Gina at LH LAB in late July that I will receive a shipping notification within the next week or so,
but no shipping notification came.

Now I've got a new message that there are about 100 Pulse Infinity left and about 20 units that are currently ahead of me in their shipping queue.

I can not understand that I have ended up so far back in the queue of 735 bakers of Pulse Infinity.

Is there anyone else here who has backed Pulse Infinity 29th October 2013 and not yet received it?

Same situation here.

I pretty much backed the Pulse and all its upgrades all the way to the Infinity immediately. Was told it would ship numerous times, but still no shipping notification.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #11,631 of 13,800
I wonder about what is inside mine. Going to open up to look.
I think my old Dac sounds better. At least fuller on the low end.
The problems related to the Linear Power Supply is a concern. I can build low noise, low impedance, and wide bandwidth power supplies that are anvil solid. I would hope LH can also.
How many of the failures are units powered from the LPS? I have always used a Jay's LPS. Maybe not SOTA, but has been reliable.

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #11,633 of 13,800
They require the serial number to verify the compatibility of the firmware update. It may be either no one has evaluated or notified you that it is not recommended.
Firmware is tricky. You can accidentally brick the unit. I bricked one of my old dacs by trying to rollback the firmware to use with old computer. Luckily the manufacturer replaced on their nickel. They had multiple versions on line for download.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #11,634 of 13,800
Well USB Audio Player Pro have released their update to support Native DSD...

Now my Android Box with Geek Pulse Infinity (w/ updated firmware) sings DSD256!!!

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #11,635 of 13,800
  Well USB Audio Player Pro have released their update to support Native DSD...

Now my Android Box with Geek Pulse Infinity (w/ updated firmware) sings DSD256!!!

Michael, what is the version number of the firmware you are using?

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #11,636 of 13,800
2V0 bro!

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #11,639 of 13,800
First one i think...its so long already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back