Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 5, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #11,476 of 13,800
My Revive got delivered today.. This is replacing a schiit wyrd.  With the wyrd, I have to re-insert my geek out 450 every time I turn on the wyrd or it doesn't get recognized.  Another issue with the wyrd, it seemed like it didn't have enough current for the GOV2 in balanced headphone amp use.. gov2 would malfunction connectred to the wyrd when I used balanced headphones with dynamic music and loud volume.  I assume this won't have that issue since it's direct from lh labs.  The revive is also cool because of the auto turn on feature.  Also it lets me use my fancy 5V LPS.  So far I have a hard time telling the differences, it seems pretty subtle.  But music with the revive instead of the wyrd seems less harsh and there's less grain.  There's no noise when I move my mouse around just like when I use the wyrd.  There is a mouse mosquito noise when I use my geek out 450 directly with no wyrd or revive in the chain on the noisy usb port near the laptop's power input socket.  So it seems to be working great.  The Revive metal case is pretty nice, I love the soundwave pattern on it.  I have a prebuilt Soekris dac coming soon which I'll be using with this.  

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #11,477 of 13,800
Contact LH Labs for a firmware update if your Pulse is having issues.

My Pulse X Infinity was having issues and was erroring out in foobar very often. Apparently I was still on firmware 1.5, even though I couldn't see that via the led panel. Updated to 2.0 that they sent me and I haven't had a dropout or needed to power cycle since.

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #11,478 of 13,800
  Contact LH Labs for a firmware update if your Pulse is having issues.

My Pulse X Infinity was having issues and was erroring out in foobar very often. Apparently I was still on firmware 1.5, even though I couldn't see that via the led panel. Updated to 2.0 that they sent me and I haven't had a dropout or needed to power cycle since.

Are you referring to the USB drivers here:

...or the firmware in the Pulse itself?  For example, mine shows:

Main: 1.0
USB: 1.0
MCU: 1.26

Are there new versions more recent than the above?

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #11,479 of 13,800

Are you referring to the USB drivers here:

...or the firmware in the Pulse itself?  For example, mine shows:

Main: 1.0
USB: 1.0
MCU: 1.26

Are there new versions more recent than the above?

I believe so, as my main on my Pulse X Infinity is 3.0.

I'm not referring to the USB driver. It's a DFU flashable .bin file they send you.

Take a pic of your serial number and open a support ticket asking if a new firmware is available, They'll check by your serial number and send a new one if there is with instructions.

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #11,480 of 13,800
  My Pulse Infinity X has been repaired for nearly 2 weeks and it is still waiting to be sent back to me from Singapore. No one looks at the support tickets which I think they read once a week per ticket. My warranty is decreasing and my unused time with my Pulse is increasing. I didn't have it for a month before I sent it off be repaired.

Well my Pulse Infinity X arrived back from Singapore yesterday morning at my office but I was working from home for the last few days since I was flu-ish. Anyways I went down to the city to pick up the unit after work today (yeah, went to the office after everyone left for the day). I have been running it for the past 4 hours. I power cycled it at about the 1 hour-ish mark to test to see if it will continue working after, which it did.

My Geek Out 450 in it's spongy case.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #11,481 of 13,800
Hmm I DO have to re-insert my geek out 450 into the revive every time I turn on my pc.  oh well.  Might be a laptop issue.. haven't tried with my desktop

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #11,483 of 13,800
Decided to pair Infinity v2.0 and Burson Soloist instead of going just infinity only, this is really an excellent DAC! The amp section is too tame for me though even when balanced, definitely a big improvement from NAD D1050, I even bought Schiit Wyrd to accompany it.

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #11,485 of 13,800
SN not displayed is normal.

Follow the instructions on this page, starting from "Configuration – DSD Playback":

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000556094-using-foobar2000-with-geek-pulse-setup-and-user-guide

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #11,486 of 13,800
Jul 13, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #11,488 of 13,800
  If anyone is still waiting for his or her shipment of the Pulse, please kindly fill up the survey below:

http://goo.gl/forms/ML9iJcBU56qKoSzA2

is this just something people are doing on their own or what? A Geek Pulse Infinity is among the 4 devices I am still waiting for from LH Labs after two years, yes. But asking for my information with no context of why you want it or who you are is less than ideal.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #11,489 of 13,800
  is this just something people are doing on their own or what? A Geek Pulse Infinity is among the 4 devices I am still waiting for from LH Labs after two years, yes. But asking for my information with no context of why you want it or who you are is less than ideal.

Thank you for replying to my post. I have yet to check on the poll. The purpose of the poll is to understand if there's any logic to the wait. You don't have to give any personal information.

----

Here's the result of 27 responses as of 13 Jul'16. From the survey, we can assume that most of the waits are Infinities, though there are still some of the more 'common' products backlogged. Also that international orders are more likely to have a longer wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back