Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #10,891 of 13,800
Hi Larry,
I want to ask if there is a solid firmware to play DSD256 in the Geek Pulse. I have very high hope for your PureDSD Mode, and really want to listen to my DSD256 albums on native mode without converting to DSD128
Thanks,
Mai 

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #10,892 of 13,800
  Hi Larry,
I want to ask if there is a solid firmware to play DSD256 in the Geek Pulse. I have very high hope for your PureDSD Mode, and really want to listen to my DSD256 albums on native mode without converting to DSD128
Thanks,
Mai 

We have one good firmware for Pulse Infinity to play DSD256. From our experience, DSD256 actually requires very low jitter clock to play it well. So we start this feature on Vi DAC and Pulse Infinity first.

Thanks,

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #10,893 of 13,800
Guys,
Need some help.

Xfi is connected to a Mac Mini (late 2012 w/ OS X EL Capitan) via Atlas USB Cable.
Mac sees the pulse but although the mute button is unchecked in the system preference settings there is no sound at all.

Worked via Windows for instance.

Any help would be appreciated .

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #10,895 of 13,800

Hi Larry,

Can you provide any characteristics of the intended sound?

Thanks,
Edward

We have around 10 iterations for the sound fine tuning. Spent a lot of time there with our Acoustic board advisor there. 
We set the goal for overall tone neutral with a little warmth in mid-high. And we wire the internal structure to take the advantage for balanced configuration.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #10,896 of 13,800
Hi Larry

When would my Infinity be sent out to Australia?

Thanks.

J Loh.

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #10,900 of 13,800
  If you go into the menu system, what is the "volume control" option set to?  Try changing it to/from the various different options and see whether or not the volume starts being changeable again.

Yep...tried this without luck.
Hmm....I opened already a ticket. Let´s see.

Thanks for your support, greenkiwi. Much apreciated.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #10,901 of 13,800

Yep...tried this without luck.
Hmm....I opened already a ticket. Let´s see.

Thanks for your support, greenkiwi. Much apreciated.

God does LH even realize that their reputation is in the toilet?  Their stuff cannot be trusted because everything is so flaky.  

Between the QC/testing problems and the BS from that a**clown Gavin, this pretty much puts an end to LH for me.  It's a good thing Gavin is gone.  Good luck to Audioengine because I won't purchase anything from them for obvious reasons.   

Larry, I know you're a good guy and seriously appreciate your work.  It was never about the SQ or your dedication but your supporting cast (ie. vendors etc.) simply aren't cutting it.  I know you had crowd funding campaigns in China and I'm not even sure how you're dealing with them right now because I have no time or even care to check.  But from experience, I highly doubt the Chinese are as tolerant.  

I'm traveling right now so I can't even deal with the USB connectivity problems.  

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #10,902 of 13,800
  It's a good thing Gavin is gone.  Good luck to Audioengine because I won't purchase anything from them for obvious reasons.   

LOL wait what when did this happen? I've been out of the loop, last I checked everyone was getting their pulse by the end of october!!! YAHOOO... wait I still don't have my infinity :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back