Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 7, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #10,352 of 13,800
Speak of the devil, they just posted an update for the verb x, though they have stopped the verb from the name. Probably a smart decision.

At any rate, I hope that they listen to a bunch of the actual production versions, and if they don't sound like they should, send them back... Rather than dumping them on backers.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #10,353 of 13,800
I'm guessing THEY don't want the same thing to happen with the Verbs this time around any more than we do.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #10,354 of 13,800
  I have a vanilla Pulse, an Infinity, and two LPS's. I've posted over the last couple of years about both my dissatisfaction with the lack of viable information coming from LH and also impressions on the gear. I don't even remember now what the total costs were but I was in on the best pricing for all those units. I've had issues with the Pulse and the Infinity all of which were handled immediately and with minimal fuss by LH. The units have been working flawlessly for a long time now and I find the Infinity to be a terrific DAC for the price paid and it's the main unit in my desktop system. I'm pretty sure I paid $299 total for the vanilla Pulse and also can't complain at that price. I still disagree with many of the decisions the company has and is making when it comes to fulfilling orders and exhibiting any consistency in policy. And I completely understand the frustration many who haven't received their products are experiencing. I wont make any excuses for LH but I will say that the products you ordered should be tried and not sold out of frustration and disgust with the company. If you try it and don't like it, then sell it. But don't cut your nose off to spite your face, as the old saying goes.

+1  This...can't agree more Jeff.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #10,355 of 13,800
+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::grinning:

I have a vanilla Pulse, an Infinity, and two LPS's. I've posted over the last couple of years about both my dissatisfaction with the lack of viable information coming from LH and also impressions on the gear. I don't even remember now what the total costs were but I was in on the best pricing for all those units. I've had issues with the Pulse and the Infinity all of which were handled immediately and with minimal fuss by LH. The units have been working flawlessly for a long time now and I find the Infinity to be a terrific DAC for the price paid and it's the main unit in my desktop system. I'm pretty sure I paid $299 total for the vanilla Pulse and also can't complain at that price. I still disagree with many of the decisions the company has and is making when it comes to fulfilling orders and exhibiting any consistency in policy. And I completely understand the frustration many who haven't received their products are experiencing. I wont make any excuses for LH but I will say that the products you ordered should be tried and not sold out of frustration and disgust with the company. If you try it and don't like it, then sell it. But don't cut your nose off to spite your face, as the old saying goes.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #10,356 of 13,800
My XFI and LPS work great and i leave them on all the time - occasionally after my IMac goes to sleep for over 12 hours it might not detect the Geek XFi But a quick power off/on fixes the issue. I am asumming thats a normal behaivor if the IMac goes to deep sleep. But otherwise i am happy

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #10,357 of 13,800
My XFI and LPS work great and i leave them on all the time - occasionally after my IMac goes to sleep for over 12 hours it might not detect the Geek XFi But a quick power off/on fixes the issue. I am asumming thats a normal behaivor if the IMac goes to deep sleep. But otherwise i am happy

Yes, that is normal behavior.

I have disabled the options for putting the computer to sleep, and putting the hard disks to sleep in the Energy Saver preferences.

I now use the Control+Shift+Eject key combination to lock my computer (which also turns the display off) whenever I am away.

I have not had any issues with disconnects since.

Jody

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #10,358 of 13,800

I have disabled the options for putting the computer to sleep, and putting the hard disks to sleep in the Energy Saver preferences.

I now use the Control+Shift+Eject key combination to lock my computer (which also turns the display off) whenever I am away.

Jody

Why is this considered 'normal behavior'? I have to do this every day on mine.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #10,359 of 13,800

Why is this considered 'normal behavior'? I have to do this every day on mine.

It is normal because anytime the computer goes to sleep it loses its connection to the Pulse, and a power cycle of the Pulse is required to re-send the USB handshake to re-establish the connection.

Jody

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #10,360 of 13,800

Jody

Wait, you are saying that it is "normal behavior" for the Pulse to not be found by the computer when the computer wakes up?  That hardly seems "normal".  None of my other USB DACs suffer from this "normal behavior"?  

How about a "known bug" rather than "normal behavior"?

Any chance that this improper behavior will get fixed in a future firmware update?

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #10,363 of 13,800
yeah all my DACs have never had that problem (oppo HA-1, Auralic Vega, Vinnie Rossi RWA Bellina Pro RE).  Even my good ol' uDac2 doesn't have that problem.  It's a little bit annoying, since I usually turn my gear off.  Hm.  I guess I don't have a problem since I turn it off LOL.  

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #10,364 of 13,800
This behaviour is "normal" because LHLabs declared that it is "normal" some time Long ago in the Forum - if I remember right Larry explained that this handshake process was crucial for some reason. (You can probably look it up in the Forum)

I personally was never convinced about this "solution" and always hoped that LHLabs would Change it in the future, which will probably not happen.

Yet another "little" detail why I do not believe that MSRP can be achieved for any Pulse.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #10,365 of 13,800
No one to care ESSTECH remove ES9018AQ2M data from their website (both US and TW) & Released a New Mobile DAC chip ES9028?

ES9028 chip New refer:
http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en/news/newsroom/ess-premieres-new-es9028-sabre-mobile-dac-es9603-headphone-amplifier/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back