Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 14, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #9,646 of 13,800
According to the latest shipping document all Pulse x∞ have been shipped and 98% of Pulse SE have been shipped. I suspect that this document may contain errors.

Clearly in error -- from the responses here, it appears that many of us have not yet received shipping notification for our Pulse x∞ units. The document creation date says Oct 14, so uh.... why would they say 100%? Hard to understand. It does nothing but create yet more angst.

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #9,647 of 13,800
 Did you guys see the latest emails with bundles, they really want to get rid of the few old chases infinities and lps 4s.  wow, somebody is getting a great deal with no wait time!!!!

Pulse DAC Infinity with a LPS4 + 10G cable starting at:     $1,630.00 (limit of four in stock)

Pulse Infinity with a Pair of EL-8 (closed back) at:              $1,480.00 (limit of two in stock)   

Pulse DAC X with a LPS4 + 2G cable starting at:               $988.00 (limit of three in stock)

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #9,648 of 13,800
Can't be true. Haven't received mine. Neither have a couple of other whom I know are waiting just like me.

In other news they are now offering special bundles again, with everything (including then Pulse Infinities) ready to ship immediately. That's awesome. You have faithful customers waiting for a year+ whom gave you the cashflow for product development, but I guess it's more important for new sales and revenue.

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #9,649 of 13,800
  Hi guys, I am back, this time with an SFi :D

I have a couple of questions.

1- Do I need to upgrade or is it the latest one? I got worried cause I read I might brick my unit with a wrong upgrade :xf_eek:

2- What should be the settings here?

3- What filter should I use? I am using the FTM atm.

4- My SFi is connected to my tube amplifier via RCA, should I keep volume to -0.0db in this case?

5- I am not using a power supply, I don't hear any hiss or noise at all when I listen to the SFi's amplifier, do I need an LPS?

6- Can I use a remote with an Android?

Thank you for your guidance and suggestions.

1 - 1V5 is the latest firmware, so you are all set with what you have
2 - It depends on how much memory your computer has, and if you are multi-tasking while listening to music. If you have 16GB of RAM, Reliable and 4096 or 8192 are recommended
3 - Filters are very subjective. Listen to each for an extended period and decide which sounds best to you
4 - Yes, as long as you can control the volume from the amp or pre-amp
5 - A LPS is recommended, but if you are not hearing any noise, it becomes a more subjective choice
6 - Not that we have tested, support, or I am aware of

Jody

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #9,650 of 13,800

Check you inbox. You may have just received such an e-mail from Gavin! Too funny.

Geeez. No wonder people are so pissed off.

"Pulse DAC is on schedule to complete fulfillment and we are gearing up to hand Pulse DAC over to our retail channels".

- LOL on schedule? Don't talk about retail channels yet until you ship ours!

"Don’t see a bundle you like??? Feel free to customize your order to fit your audio needs. Let us know and we will give you the lowest price possible."

- I like these private deals. It means you can buy now at early backer prices and get your gear now.  Enough for early backer deals.

I still did not get any email on the unit.  Probably erroneously shipped to Timbuktu... and I am in the US.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #9,651 of 13,800
I'm tired of the lies. 100% shipped for 2.0 infinities? Really? This isn't normal business practice to me no matter how you cut it.

I'm curious to know how people can continue to defend/support LH.

I just saw these new deals and to me it's basically giving the finger to all early backers. It's not even funny anymore.

I hope these guys go out of business sooner rather than later. I have no sympathy at this point in time.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #9,652 of 13,800
I think the craze has died down a lot due to the delays.  It's their own fault for that.  And by their on schedule to complete fulfillment, it's clearly an ever changing schedule.  So it's not technically a lie.  Just disappointed customers.  

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #9,653 of 13,800
Vnmslsrbms, i know what you're saying. I don't even pay much attention to these clowns anymore but saw thread updates in my email so I took a look and saw that their shipping/production schedule indicates 2.0 infinities all complete/shipped and was updated Oct13. It looks like there's people that backed in Oct2013 that still haven't received theirs. They posted it publicly. It's obvious what they posted is not true since there's a bunch of us that don't even have notice of when our stuff will ship. Adding to the insult are these deals that are even cheaper than what early backers paid and I'm not sure what to say. I want my stuff so I can get rid of it. I don't care anymore because I'm disgusted by this company.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #9,654 of 13,800
  Thank you so much for the assistance.

What about the 1st question, do I need to upgrade considering my current version? If yes, what upgrade is available for SFi? Where to download it from

3rd question, what filter should I use for maximum SQ?

I am loving the DAC/Amp alone, when I add the tube amp in the mix, I feel that the sound quality is being blocked or something. Why is that? This made my buy new and top notch tubes for my tube amp.

I think Jody gave you the link for firmware info.

Tube amps sound very different due to their tube sound (which adds distortion, noise etc).  Like if  you saw the THD numbers, the tube amps are off the charts.  Some like the tube sound, some like the solid state sound.  I'm not experienced in tube amps (have heard but never owned) so can't tell you too much on that, but what you said sounds about right.  

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #9,656 of 13,800
December 2013 too, but now I'm a bit afraid to get this product, scared it will be a faulty one.
This is a very harsh lesson and bad experience for me with crowdfunding, guess I will need to be more careful next time if I ever want to contribute a crowndfunding project again.
Oh and btw, this maybe old but I still find it pretty BS with their 10G cable....lol.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #9,657 of 13,800
According to the latest shipping document all Pulse x∞ have been shipped and 98% of Pulse SE have been shipped. I suspect that this document may contain errors.

I have yet to receive my Pulse X∞ or any shipping and tracking notification. Anybody else here awaiting shipping or delivery of a Pulse X∞?

It is also curious that I have seen no word of Pulse SE being received, much less performance reports. I would think that at least a few owners would be proud enough of their new toys to report here or elsewhere.

J.P.

I haven't received  my infinity yet. I have received an email though on September 25 asking me for 76 USD for shipping. which I paid.

I was on the Hifiman Bundle deals in Nov 2014.

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #9,658 of 13,800
I opened a ticket regarding this status update and was informed that it "isn't completely accurate" and that they are "building more Pulse X Infinities to send out".  Not sure what more can be said about this that haven't been already said.  That email from Gavin really just served to pour more gasoline on the flames.

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #9,659 of 13,800

1 - 1V5 is the latest firmware, so you are all set with what you have
2 - It depends on how much memory your computer has, and if you are multi-tasking while listening to music. If you have 16GB of RAM, Reliable and 4096 or 8192 are recommended
3 - Filters are very subjective. Listen to each for an extended period and decide which sounds best to you
4 - Yes, as long as you can control the volume from the amp or pre-amp
5 - A LPS is recommended, but if you are not hearing any noise, it becomes a more subjective choice
6 - Not that we have tested, support, or I am aware of

Jody

Thank you Jody, really appreciate it. Is there a link where new firmware are being published as they are available? Would be nice to keep a track of available updates.

Is there a reason behind keep Reliable and that buffer size? I tried Maximum Latency and it worked, I got 16 GB RAM available and I do multitask a lot. Please suggest best settings. I might be wrong to keep Maximum Latency or the buffer size.

I am using FTM as it says it is the mix of two filters.

Thanks once again!
Cheers
LR

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #9,660 of 13,800
  I opened a ticket regarding this status update and was informed that it "isn't completely accurate" and that they are "building more Pulse X Infinities to send out".  Not sure what more can be said about this that haven't been already said.  That email from Gavin really just served to pour more gasoline on the flames.

I did the same thing and received the same reply.  I already replied and was adamant I won't close the ticket until I get a confirmed shipping notice.  Gavin...this guy...I'm not even sure what to say.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back