Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jun 29, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #8,236 of 13,800
  Sorry to be thick, but I am 80 now...what is S.E.X. I have forgotten I am afraid!

Leo

Leo, 

Whatever you do, please don't Google Pulse XFi  S.E.X.  or any other combination of it.   
wink_face.gif

Trying to keep you around for a while longer old friend!  

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #8,237 of 13,800

Leo, 

Whatever you do, please don't Google Pulse XFi  S.E.X.  or any other combination of it.   
wink_face.gif

Trying to keep you around for a while longer old friend!  

That is very kind of you Casey! I stopped Googling regarding S.E.X some time ago...for my own safety! My heart doesn't take the strain too well anymore ! ROTFLMAO!
Thanks for your concern matey!

Leo  
devil_face.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #8,239 of 13,800
Hi guys, 

Has anyone experienced this?

I have noticed that whenever I turn on the geek pulse infinity after it was off overnight (windows 7, USB connected all the times), windows recognizes the pulse but there is no sound playing thru. However, if I turn it off and on again, it will work.

Now, if I first unplug the USB cable before turning on the pulse, it will work.

Turning the pulse on after it was off for a short period of time (i.e 30mins), shows no problem.

Is this behaviour normal? I dun mind having to unplug the USB cable all the times before I turn on the pulse, i just want to make sure that my unit is not defective. (FYI, i tried reinstalling the driver but it didn't help)

Cheers, 

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #8,240 of 13,800
It does do that, but I leave my Infinity on all the time, so not a concern. Frankly, once you know it does that, it is no big deal.  If that is the only problem, then I am still happy.  
I suspect that they will try to fix this glitch in the new ones and perhaps they can solve it by a firmware update with the units already out there.

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #8,241 of 13,800
It does do that, but I leave my Infinity on all the time, so not a concern. Frankly, once you know it does that, it is no big deal.  If that is the only problem, then I am still happy.  
I suspect that they will try to fix this glitch in the new ones and perhaps they can solve it by a firmware update with the units already out there.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #8,242 of 13,800
  Hi guys, 

Has anyone experienced this?

I have noticed that whenever I turn on the geek pulse infinity after it was off overnight (windows 7, USB connected all the times), windows recognizes the pulse but there is no sound playing thru. However, if I turn it off and on again, it will work.

Now, if I first unplug the USB cable before turning on the pulse, it will work.

Turning the pulse on after it was off for a short period of time (i.e 30mins), shows no problem.

Is this behaviour normal? I dun mind having to unplug the USB cable all the times before I turn on the pulse, i just want to make sure that my unit is not defective. (FYI, i tried reinstalling the driver but it didn't help)

Cheers, 

Have you tried turning the volume knob a few clicks when you turn the Pulse back on? When you say "no sound playing thru" do you mean that the computer does not recognize it? I ask because there is a mute function that reduces volume when it is shut off, though I'm not sure why that would matter between 30 min. and overnight.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #8,243 of 13,800
Just saw this.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imv5-OhQbZI[/video]

So........does that mean the 4x more expensive Pulse X Infinity units, probably the flagship of the "Geek" products, do not get to pass all of these tests?

I think larry has posted on the lhl forum test result of the infinity old chip but not the new chip.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #8,244 of 13,800
Have you tried turning the volume knob a few clicks when you turn the Pulse back on? When you say "no sound playing thru" do you mean that the computer does not recognize it? I ask because there is a mute function that reduces volume when it is shut off, though I'm not sure why that would matter between 30 min. and overnight.

When I say there is no sound thru it, I meant the connection cannot be established properly. With foobar, I actually cannot play any music as the software show as error message. With vlc player, videoplay will stutter and no sound. Although under windowds sound menu, the pulse option shows up.

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #8,247 of 13,800
Everything goes through AP tests.  X Infinity included.  

Thanks for the reply Casey! From that video, it seemed like it was only the GOv2/v2+ units that get the rigorous AP tests as stated at 3:35 as well as 0:38. This is the first time these testing procedures have been announced.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #8,248 of 13,800
So got my Pulse XFi from the customs office this morning. My guess now of why I had to pick it up although it was declared sufficiently on the outside is that the guy woo read the label had no clue of what the content was.

The customs dude handed me the package an told me to open it to show the contents.
He asks me "What is it?" 
"A digital to analogue converter"
*Irritating look from the customs guy*
"You put one and in your computer and put a headphone on the other side to listen to music."
"Ah." notices the XLR connection "Oh it even has these old connectors!"
*I smile dutifully and nod*
"What would be the German word for it?"
"Ehm..Digital Analog Wandler?"
"That sounds good!" *proceeds too look for something for about two minutes" "Mh...where would they list something like that?"
"Maybe HiFi equipment?"
"Good idea!" *continues to look for something for another three minutes* "Ah there it is! Was there the whole time and I didn't notice it: Analog to digital converter!"
*I stay silent and slowly nod*
"No extra duty only 32,20 € VAT!"
*I grab my parcel thank him, go pay my duty fee and head t work*

But now I finaly got to listen to it for a few hours. I actually wanted to listen to it directly for a few days before connecting it to my Bottlehead Crack, but I could not wait. Definitely have to try it out some times later.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #8,249 of 13,800

Hi Casey, can you confirm whether this glitch will be fixed in the next firmware update? Thanks

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #8,250 of 13,800
This problem (and many other small bugs still extant) may not be fixed in the next firmware update, but I suspect that they are working on all bugs of which they are aware and they will eventually be fixed in some future updates.

J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back