Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #7,156 of 13,800
Manny, can you tell us what the hell is going on with the new chassis?  I opened a ticket and I was told that the new chassis is "being finalized."  Are you guys making any substantial changes?  Are you guys just waiting for the chassis to arrive from the manufacturer?

I was also told that anyone who did not back their Pulse in the first campaign would not be permitted to use the old chassis.  They would have to use the new (ginormous) chassis.  Is this true?  It was news to me.

May 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #7,157 of 13,800
  Manny, can you tell us what the hell is going on with the new chassis?  I opened a ticket and I was told that the new chassis is "being finalized."  Are you guys making any substantial changes?  Are you guys just waiting for the chassis to arrive from the manufacturer?

I was also told that anyone who did not back their Pulse in the first campaign would not be permitted to use the old chassis.  They would have to use the new (ginormous) chassis.  Is this true?  It was news to me.

This is huge news. I guess the only solution is that Light Harmonics buy me a bigger table as well. Maybe the Geek Top?

May 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #7,158 of 13,800
The estimated delivery for the GO v2+ is in early August. I'll be damned if they ship those out before the Wave.

Makes sense to me to ship the Stream (now called the V2+) before the Wave, since the Stream/V2+ is the Wave without the screen or storage. Cheers 

May 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #7,159 of 13,800
I posted on the LHL forum to confirm this, however, if the past is any indication, I am more likely to get a response here. 

May 6, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #7,160 of 13,800
  The Geek V2 is not a crowd-designed product therefore it can be delivered faster then the Wave. We had a EP2 board before we began shipping Geek out.

When do you think that the Pulse Infinity/Wave/Source/HPA will be delivered? Its extremely frustrating to see new products being delivered quickly while we are still waiting for more than 1.5 years for crowd designed products?

May 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #7,161 of 13,800
New products?? Holy shirt folks, the Stream (now Geek Out v2+) was in development well before the Wave. This is the product that launched the "Make your phone's sound sound better" indiegogo campaign that later morphed into the Wave. Now people are pissed off that simpler products that started development about the time that the Pulse did are releasing??? Sheesh!!!!

Truth appears to be that the Wave, Geek Out v2 and v2+ have shared much in their development and ALL have benefitted from this sharing. Okay, so the Geek Out v2 appears to have jumped the line, but since the v2 and the v2+ are very closely related, they were completed at about the same time. Should this completed project be held up because others that are more complex are not done?

I am still waiting for my Pulse X∞ and and Wave and I am not bothered by the release of these sister products. I am certain that the Wave and possibly the Pulse infinity have benefitted directly from the v2(+) development project(s). The more that LH Labs develops, the more they learn about producing commercial products and the better everything gets.

J.P.

May 6, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #7,162 of 13,800
  Perhaps if they start bringing other revenue sources, e.g. Geek Out v2, that requires minimal in-house production resources, they can hire more staff to accelerate production on the Pulse and Vi products. 

Or maybe not.

Pulses continue to ship everyday. Today is SFi and XFi. This pic was taken at around noonish so I'm guessing double by the end of the day. :)

May 6, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #7,163 of 13,800
New products?? Holy shirt folks, the Stream (now Geek Out v2+) was in development well before the Wave. This is the product that launched the "Make your phone's sound sound better" indiegogo campaign that later morphed into the Wave. Now people are pissed off that simpler products that started development about the time that the Pulse did are releasing??? Sheesh!!!!

Truth appears to be that the Wave, Geek Out v2 and v2+ have shared much in their development and ALL have benefitted from this sharing. Okay, so the Geek Out v2 appears to have jumped the line, but since the v2 and the v2+ are very closely related, they were completed at about the same time. Should this completed project be held up because others that are more complex are not done?

I am still waiting for my Pulse X∞ and and Wave and I am not bothered by the release of these sister products. I am certain that the Wave and possibly the Pulse infinity have benefitted directly from the v2(+) development project(s). The more that LH Labs develops, the more they learn about producing commercial products and the better everything gets.

J.P.

+1
very solid perspective and couldn't agree more.

I don't belive the GOV2+ announcement today (and shipping in Aug+) adversely affects Pulse Infinity shipments.
haven't been tracking the Wave product personally, but as you stated- the Wave overlap with GOV2 is now clear.

May 6, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #7,164 of 13,800
I bit on the GOV2+ in the hopes of having it attach to Android devices via OTG, specifically an LG G2 L320K with 128Gb of vinyl-transfered FLAC goodness. It would replace my Dragonfly/Portaphile combo, with less bulk and more options.

For $285 shipped, I'm promised Class A, variable gains (2 or 3?), balanced out, battery, and Lollipop-compatibility. Plus low-jitter and future improvements of DSD, etc.

I've been pleased with Larry's tuning on the XFI and I'll not be charged until it's shipped, so What?

May 6, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #7,165 of 13,800

The Stream backers get a free upgrade to the V2+. So... yes.

Brian, does that still apply if you opted to have your stream upgraded to a Wave 64?

May 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #7,167 of 13,800
Manny. Could you help get someone to respond to ticket 9679.
http://lhlabs.com/force/customer-happiness-post-concerns/4129-geek-pulse-xfi-may-have-damaged-the-left-side-of-my-monitor-speaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back