Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 22, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #6,947 of 13,800
that new chassis looks so much bigger now I am inclined to keep the old chassis because it is much more desktop friendly ...

Yep.. I agree.. the new chassis seems notably wider than the old chassis.  I prefer a stack that's sleek and low profile more than one that's 'sexier' (and bulky).

And also. No news about the LPS chassis, which would actually be the deal maker/breaker for me. If they're not changing it I could live with no updates on my display.......... I guess.

If the Infinity (in the old chassis) ships with the latest display/firmware (and it's bug free), I'm content.  If (future) display firmware upgrades are purely aesthetic, it's of little concern to me.  The display seems to offer little info (that's going to be vitally important), anyways.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #6,949 of 13,800
  I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about being excited that all Pulse models are actually starting to ship. I assume they mean new chassis Infinity's too. I hope that's what they meant. Would love to see it arrive within the next few weeks.

I highly doubt it includes the new chassis Infinity, although I'm VERY happy to be corrected!

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #6,950 of 13,800
  I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about being excited that all Pulse models are actually starting to ship. I assume they mean new chassis Infinity's too. I hope that's what they meant. Would love to see it arrive within the next few weeks.

I highly doubt it includes the new chassis Infinity, although I'm VERY happy to be corrected!

New chassis Pulse are not shipping at this time.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #6,952 of 13,800

Any guesses on what's behind door #2? 

Something that will decrease the resale value of our yet-to-be-received Pulses.

Pulse v2?  That's beneath even the LH marketing machine....isn't it?  One can only imagine the riots that would ensue on the interwebs as a result 
eek.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #6,953 of 13,800

Pulse v2?  That's beneath even the LH marketing machine....isn't it?  One can only imagine the riots that would ensue on the interwebs as a result 
eek.gif

Someone somewhere said it MIGHT be the (new?) Geek Stream. No basis whatsoever. But makes a little sense though. I don't think they crazy enough to announce Pulse 2.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #6,954 of 13,800
Behind door 2... or 3... or 4... a geek nano... with a lightning connector for directly connecting to ones iPhone.  100mw or maybe 450mw.  Not all class A since it would pull power from the iPhone/iPad.  Super slim and small.  Not lots of different options since size is the most important thing here.

(At least that is what I want.)

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #6,956 of 13,800
  Behind door 2... or 3... or 4... a geek nano... with a lightning connector for directly connecting to ones iPhone.  100mw or maybe 450mw.  Not all class A since it would pull power from the iPhone/iPad.  Super slim and small.  Not lots of different options since size is the most important thing here.

(At least that is what I want.)

So more like a Geek Stream Nano? I'm down with that.

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #6,957 of 13,800
Or Geek Case - like a Geek version of the Skyn.

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #6,958 of 13,800
Were the GO V2 Signature Edition renders posted before? They're there now and I don't remember seeing them previously. That could be today's announcement based on the hints that were shared before.

Here's a hint about tomorrow. If you thought Geek Out V2 was slick, wait until you see what's behind door number two.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #6,960 of 13,800
  Were the GO V2 Signature Edition renders posted before? They're there now and I don't remember seeing them previously. That could be today's announcement based on the hints that were shared before.

No they were not. Also the text has been changed. We will probably have V2 Sig pricing soon.

Edit: There it is. $499 for the Signature.

Geek Out V2 Signature Edition

Our first version of the Geek Out SE was so wildly well received we had a hard time even attempting to one up it.  However, Larry has once again outdone himself again.  These are limited edition (only 40 are being made) Geek Out V2’s that are hand-pimped by Larry Ho. Twenty are available for pre-sale now, four are being given away to the top referrers from this pre-sale event, two are reserved for Larry & Gavin, and the rest are being held back. You can check the comparison chart below for specs and details.

Geek Out V2 SE Upgrades:

1. Dual Femto Clocks
  2. Hand Matched DAC IC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back