Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,286 of 13,800
Well I sprung for the BF Pulse deal.  I know I'm close to last in line but I'm still excited.  
I'm interested to hear what people thing of the Pulse (Single-ended) / LCD-2 combination.

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #3,288 of 13,800
that's was my guess
i have the x f/i and lps4 coming
i got my 2g cable its very good
I'm using it with my modi , the cable retails for more than what I'm using as my setup until the pulse arrives

LHL has said they plan to update the tracking page with que information. They made steady progress last week so hopefully this feature will go live soon. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #3,289 of 13,800
  Please, don't say or calculate that, unless you truly have a personal and inside knowledge regarding their production/shipping time frame, better than all the guesses? 
It will just make many sad or maybe truly surprised if you're right..

LHL has posted on their updates page and Larry and Casey have both posted in this and other forums that the average number at this time is about 20 units a day when everything is running smoothly. One day Gavin posted they got 16 units out the door. Another over 20. I'm sure there are a lot of variables. I was also told by Casey that they are adding production personnel to increase production. While none of this is an absolute, it does come from the company itself.

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,290 of 13,800

LHL has said they plan to update the tracking page with que information. They made steady progress last week so hopefully this feature will go live soon. 

i'd seen that, just wondered how some were getting a number

LHL has posted on their updates page and Larry and Casey have both posted in this and other forums that the average number at this time is about 20 units a day when everything is running smoothly. One day Gavin posted they got 16 units out the door. Another over 20. I'm sure there are a lot of variables. I was also told by Casey that they are adding production personnel to increase production. While none of this is an absolute, it does come from the company itself.

yeah, the guys at lhlabs have said que numbers would be eventually added

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #3,292 of 13,800
  I think anyone who has received a que number  at this point has talked directly with someone at LHL. My guess, anyway.

yep, at least the one i asked, longbowbbs

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #3,293 of 13,800
If anyone is interested, short comparison GO 1K and GO SE
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711267/light-harmonic-geek-out-em-1000-impressions-thread/1500

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #3,294 of 13,800
YES, please tell me how these sound on your HD700s. I'm wondering if it would be good for mine. Also, let me know what PS you are using. Thanks!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi cbreeden. First, I have to say I like the HD700's. Few headphones seem to be as polarizing as these are and I'm well aware of their strengths and weaknesses. After several hours with the Pulse, I feel the headphones are a great match. Out of the box the Pulse was a little bright but it settled down quickly. I an really enjoying the sound between the two. II don't have a dedicated power supply, so the Pulse is plugged into a good quality surge protector only at the moment.

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #3,296 of 13,800
Hi cbreeden. First, I have to say I like the HD700's. Few headphones seem to be as polarizing as these are and I'm well aware of their strengths and weaknesses. After several hours with the Pulse, I feel the headphones are a great match. Out of the box the Pulse was a little bright but it settled down quickly. I an really enjoying the sound between the two. II don't have a dedicated power supply, so the Pulse is plugged into a good quality surge protector only at the moment.

I would be really interested to hear impressions of switching vs LPS...

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3,299 of 13,800
  I ordered a pair of Xfi units... one on October 28, 2013, and the other on November 28, 2013... it'll be interesting to see if I get one first or both at the same time.

Meanwhile, my LPS showed up today... but I'm not sure that it's working.  I plugged in the power, turned it on, plugged a USB cable from my laptop to the unit and a USB DAC into the unit... aaaaaaand nothing.  My laptop doesn't see the USB DAC through the LPS.  I sent LH support an email...

Did you try plugging the USB DAC into the LPS after turning on the LPS? I've been connecting my GO 100 IEM > USB A to B adapter > 2G cable > LPS. If everything is connected before turning on the LPS, my laptop doesn't recognize the GO. I have to disconnect the 2G cable from the LPS and plug it back in again for the GO to work.

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #3,300 of 13,800
  I ordered a pair of Xfi units... one on October 28, 2013, and the other on November 28, 2013... it'll be interesting to see if I get one first or both at the same time.

Meanwhile, my LPS showed up today... but I'm not sure that it's working.  I plugged in the power, turned it on, plugged a USB cable from my laptop to the unit and a USB DAC into the unit... aaaaaaand nothing.  My laptop doesn't see the USB DAC through the LPS.  I sent LH support an email...

Someone on the LHLabs forum had this exact same issue. It recognized external HDDs through the LPS, but not DACs for whatever reason. Could be the start of a pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back