Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #2,164 of 13,800
Casey Hartwell = chartwell85. Yep

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,167 of 13,800
I need to make a change on shipping address and I reopened their survey link (I am one of the first 100 people that LH sent out survey links), and the page requested me to go back to their support system. I opened a ticket in the support system, and I haven't heard back from them in the last 24 hours. I tried to email to cs@lhlabs.com, and I got the same result.

Anyone here know if there's a better way to communicate with LH customer service department? Thank you.

I've PM'd you Manny Torres's email. May be of use to you.

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2,168 of 13,800
I need to make a change on shipping address and I reopened their survey link (I am one of the first 100 people that LH sent out survey links), and the page requested me to go back to their support system. I opened a ticket in the support system, and I haven't heard back from them in the last 24 hours. I tried to email to cs@lhlabs.com, and I got the same result.
Anyone here know if there's a better way to communicate with LH customer service department? Thank you.

Is the weekend right???

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #2,170 of 13,800
I just saw at John Darko's website (Digital Audio Review) that the Pulse Xfi is going be priced at $3500
blink.gif

Wow!!

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #2,171 of 13,800
  I just saw at John Darko's website (Digital Audio Review) that the Pulse Xfi is going be priced at $3500
blink.gif

Wow!!

I saw that! At the rate the rate the price is rising, I figure I'll be able to sell mine and buy a new Ferrari by the time they ship.
tongue_smile.gif

Seriously! What the heck are they thinking! What happened to their idea of reasonably priced digital audio for the average person? Did that go out the window?

They show up at RMAF with prototypes of everything including a circuit board duct-taped to the back of a phone. But nothing ready to ship. Yet they plan to start another indie-go-go campaign between now and Christmas and CES.

This company doesn't seem to know where it's going. What a disappointment! Really!

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2,172 of 13,800
blink.gif

Wow!!

I hope this is just a joke, it almost double the price of Schiit Yggdrasil, and I doubt that it sound better than Yggdrasil....
And yeah, if anyone insist, I will gladly trade my Pulse Xfi for Schiit Yggdrasil.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,173 of 13,800
Just received this update from indiegogo campaign:

I know it's only been since Friday that I posted an update, but I'm so proud of our team for all their hard work this weekend that I had to tell you what they've been up to.

As you know, it's crunch time on the production of Geek Pulse.  We're working hard to get everything assembled, staged, and ready to ship out.  One of the challenges we've run into time and again on this project is that we're competing for parts and sharing assembly space (on our vendors' assembly lines, that is) with some of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world.  For us, we feel that we're manufacturing a LOT of devices, but for our vendors, we're just a very little fish in a large ocean.  It's been tough to get the parts in the quantities that we needbut the hardest part has been to get in the queue with our vendors without getting pushed to the back of the line when a big job comes their way.

Saturday morning we received such an email: we'd once again been pushed to the back of the assembly queue.  AAAAAH!

But Larry and his manufacturing management team (Rich & Kellee) jumped into action and this time got our assembly vendor to finally commit to never do that to us again.  It was a tough fight, but ultimately we got our way.  PHEW!

One more little thing: here's an article from Digital Audio Review that I thought I'd share.  It pretty much covers all the bases of what we took to RMAF this year, including Geek Pulse and Geek LPS. :)

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/10/lh-labs-pull-back-curtain-on-keep-monoblocks-at-rmaf-14/

Damn...
It is already going to miss my birthday and now I am just hoping that I can receive it before Christmas.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,174 of 13,800
  They show up at RMAF with prototypes of everything including a circuit board duct-taped to the back of a phone. But nothing ready to ship. Yet they plan to start another indie-go-go campaign between now and Christmas and CES.

This company doesn't seem to know where it's going. What a disappointment! Really!

While I agree that more communication would be a good thing from LH Labs (and the have gotten better at this - for example the update on the Geek Wave sent out this morning to backers), you have to remember that they are operating (purposefully) totally different from most other electronics companies out there. The whole concept of the crowd-funding/crowd-development model of LH Labs products is that the community both helps to fund the R&D and also provide input on the development of the products. This is not Apple or Sony, nor even Audeze or Schiit, but some people are still holding them up to some of the similar standards of those different operating models. 

I absolutely love that Larry brought the PCB with the Geek Wave/Stream analog and DAC sections to RMAF, even if it was attached to a piece of cardboard. I got to play with it and give some feedback and talk directly with the designer - it's like being allowed into the top-secret labs. And Gavin and Larry and the rest of the team authentically want our feedback and input. Regarding the Pulse, the units I got to experience were great, but I also love that Larry wanted to take the recent feedback and make them even better, even if it means pushing out the shipment dates again. 

I also love that LH Labs continues to innovate and drive the whole community forward. The Geek Keep was amazing, and that was just an early prototype. Now I do agree that I hope they don't get overly distracted by too many efforts, but don't lose momentum either. 

I have yet to be part of a crowd-funding campaign (and I've done about half a dozen) where they came anywhere close to the initial shipment dates suggested during the campaign - that's part of the risk of being a member of the "crowd". If you don't want to have these types of issues (product development and manufacturing is hard and almost always faces delays) then don't participate in crowd-funding initiatives - go buy something off the shelf. And heck, even some companies who are operating under the standard "internal development" model have been facing product delays and bringing unfinished prototypes to shows, even some of the names included very recently in this very thread. 

I know I'll likely get flamed for this post, but it really seems like some are holding LH Labs (and other crowd-funded companies) to an unreasonable standard. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now - flame away. 

Cheers 

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #2,175 of 13,800
  While I agree that more communication would be a good thing from LH Labs (and the have gotten better at this - for example the update on the Geek Wave sent out this morning to backers), you have to remember that they are operating (purposefully) totally different from most other electronics companies out there. The whole concept of the crowd-funding/crowd-development model of LH Labs products is that the community both helps to fund the R&D and also provide input on the development of the products. This is not Apple or Sony, nor even Audeze or Schiit, but some people are still holding them up to some of the similar standards of those different operating models. 

I absolutely love that Larry brought the PCB with the Geek Wave/Stream analog and DAC sections to RMAF, even if it was attached to a piece of cardboard. I got to play with it and give some feedback and talk directly with the designer - it's like being allowed into the top-secret labs. And Gavin and Larry and the rest of the team authentically want our feedback and input. Regarding the Pulse, the units I got to experience were great, but I also love that Larry wanted to take the recent feedback and make them even better, even if it means pushing out the shipment dates again. 

I also love that LH Labs continues to innovate and drive the whole community forward. The Geek Keep was amazing, and that was just an early prototype. Now I do agree that I hope they don't get overly distracted by too many efforts, but don't lose momentum either. 

I have yet to be part of a crowd-funding campaign (and I've done about half a dozen) where they came anywhere close to the initial shipment dates suggested during the campaign - that's part of the risk of being a member of the "crowd". If you don't want to have these types of issues (product development and manufacturing is hard and almost always faces delays) then don't participate in crowd-funding initiatives - go buy something off the shelf. And heck, even some companies who are operating under the standard "internal development" model have been facing product delays and bringing unfinished prototypes to shows, even some of the names included very recently in this very thread. 

I know I'll likely get flamed for this post, but it really seems like some are holding LH Labs (and other crowd-funded companies) to an unreasonable standard. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now - flame away. 

Cheers 

no flames here mrscott58, i'm in agreement with you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back