Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 20, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #1,576 of 13,800
They always intended to sell it afterwards on a regular way. You find information on their website.

Mu-metal even over the clock-supply is really good!

Anybody knows if the case ground-lift-switch from the ideas back in 2013 made it to the model?

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,577 of 13,800
Humm i missed the campaign, is it possible in anyway to still buy for 300$?

While there's been no official word on it I would venture to assume no. They had two Indiegogo campaigns, the original and then a second one for those who were late to the party and missed the first one. They may do something for those wanting a Pulse during the Wave campaign, but I would say the odds are against that.

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #1,578 of 13,800
frown.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,579 of 13,800
Does anyone know what connection the pulse will use with the LPS? Is it the same that the Woo WA7 uses? If so, I'm wondering if the wa7 LPS or the new tube power supply would work with the pulse.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #1,580 of 13,800
Does anyone know what connection the pulse will use with the LPS? Is it the same that the Woo WA7 uses? If so, I'm wondering if the wa7 LPS or the new tube power supply would work with the pulse.

The umbilical cable will be using a standard 12V round DC connector on the Pulse side and this Molex connector on the LPS side.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #1,583 of 13,800
There are so many Geek products coming out, difficult to track for an new entry guy like me.

is this site I need to place the pre-order?  http://geek.lhlabs.com/

[size=x-small]also where can I order Super speed USB cable, what are SQ [/size]benefits because of super speed?[size=x-small] [/size]

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #1,584 of 13,800
There are so many Geek products coming out, difficult to track for an new entry guy like me.

is this site I need to place the pre-order?  http://geek.lhlabs.com/

also where can I order Super speed USB cable, what are SQ benefits because of super speed? 

Yes, the LHLabs website is the official site for anything geek out, pulse and wave.

That's not too many products is it?

From there you can pre-order a geek out. They used to have a Geek Stop where one could preorder cables and stuff too, but its not there anymore. Perhaps they will make a new store for that, when all cables become available with the Geek Pulse.

The promise of the lhlabs usb cables is higher bandwidth than usb2.0 spec and data cables isolation from power. All in the the of reducing jitter.

Their only available usb cable is the lightning usb cable. There are several reviews online

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,587 of 13,800
Apr 24, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #1,588 of 13,800
In case it hasn't posted yet....

Updates (from GF Forum):

1. Larry Ho
  2. Moderator
  3. Moderator-icon.png
  4. OFFLINE
  5. Karma: 41  
Hercules Cheung wrote: Geek Wave campaign seems steering both of your away, time to wrap up or provide update on Geek Pulse Project

Larry:
1. Op-Amp selection / Active Components upgrade result
2. Muses 7001 test and upgrade on LPS/LPS4

Gavin:
1. Backer Survey
2. Updated rewards list from referral program
3. incorrect contribution in Beta Survey still not corrected.

Any body can add more if not covered above.

MUSE7001? I found a good one that is the same quality in my ear, but doesn't cost that much.
Next two weeks, we will do the combination test Geek Pulse + Geek LPS to confirm.

OpAmp selection. I seems update somewhere is other forums (Head-Fi?)
Sorry, after making 100+ posts per day, my memory is full... LOL

The OpAmps selection will be finalized by the end of this month. Now, my top pick is
* LME49990 as line driver plus the Elna Silmik Cap, and Murata C0G by passing cap.
(Yes. Cap and Amp needs to consider together)
* A surprising candidate just sent to Lab for current to voltage analog part. ADA4898
Very high bandwidth and smooth in high frequency.
So for IV, we have MUSE, OPA1612 and this one... It's a tough choice, I have to say.
* For the gain stage, I love to use LM4562 in balanced (and maybe AD827 in Single-ended)
(Yes. The amp sounds its best in the right topology)

Without getting too technical here, conclusion: We are on the very right track!

Enjoy!

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,590 of 13,800
Just stumbled arcross this:
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/documents/uploads/data_sheets/en/WM8804.pdf
Anybody knows if the spdif is directly feed into the sabre or by some part like this spdif receiver with pass-through-option? Or is this part of light-harmonics re-clock patent?

And there seems to be a new kid on the block regarding ldo:
ADM7150

Is the pulse using any ldo (I guess yes?) and anybody any information which one?

Best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back