Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #1,426 of 13,800
Agree. 450 and 720 will be publish with the other similar products! 

Actually, I plan to publish the Geek Out Nano vs Herus. Because the price range and output voltage is the similar. And we will put out simple raw test results with some simple explanation. You are the final judge... 

Larry

Larry,

I'd appreciate the Herus measurements due to not being impressed with the amp section of that unit during my trial period.

But WHAT again is the Geek Out Nano especially with the recent news of a Geek Out Aria?
The same product with differing names or ???
Confusing again.....

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #1,427 of 13,800
Geek Out Nano?  Geek Out Aria?

I hope the LH guys don't spread too thin...  The pulse already has tons of variants.  It is hard to make progress in so many fronts.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #1,428 of 13,800
Geek out is the basis for all of them. The only product I'd worry about are the balanced pulse variants.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #1,429 of 13,800
I have seen a few versions of the Pulse specs. Anyone have a link to the (hopefully) authoritative version?
Still hoping the X in balanced will have more output than the S...

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #1,430 of 13,800
i just filled out my survery for the pulse

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #1,432 of 13,800
  Geek Out Nano?  Geek Out Aria?

I hope the LH guys don't spread too thin...  The pulse already has tons of variants.  It is hard to make progress in so many fronts.

Geek Out Nano is 'one headphone output' without '3D awesomifier' version of Geek Out. Keep it super simple version and performance will be in the same level like Geek Out and expect to sound nicely too.

Geek Aria (project name, not the formal product name) is in our plan for almost two years. 

Every product in this series share the same core tech. and DAC design. The difference is power supply, with or without battery, and analog stage enhancement. 

Regarding Geek Pulse, we just add the minimum phase digital filter there and has some good progress regarding the jitter removal circuit for SPDIF input too.... It's pretty much on track. :wink:

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,433 of 13,800
Geek out is the basis for all of them. The only product I'd worry about are the balanced pulse variants.

This is valid. :wink:

But the worst case only will be: We need a bigger chassis. And you will still get the balanced DAC out there.. LOL

Give our Gerber design guy few more days, he is trying hard to put a pretty layout there within such a limited space.

Cheers,

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #1,434 of 13,800

This is valid. :wink:

But the worst case only will be: We need a bigger chassis. And you will still get the balanced DAC out there.. LOL

Give our Gerber design guy few more days, he is trying hard to put a pretty layout there within such a limited space.

Cheers,

Any chance for an IEM-only Geek Out with a very weak amplifier?
Every Geek is more powerful than DragonFly, and it is already way too powerful for any of my IEMs, have to put the volume at -40dB, which is 1% of the power.
A Geek Out with 30mW-50mW output would be great - you can call it Geek Pico.

Take a look at how Head-Direct does it:
http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=156

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,437 of 13,800

Any chance for an IEM-only Geek Out with a very weak amplifier?
Every Geek is more powerful than DragonFly, and it is already way too powerful for any of my IEMs, have to put the volume at -40dB, which is 1% of the power.
A Geek Out with 30mW-50mW output would be great - you can call it Geek Pico.

Take a look at how Head-Direct does it:
http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=156

Good idea and this is very easy to do... let me check more details... And get back soon.

Larry

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,438 of 13,800
  For the Geek Pulse, has the upgraded active components been settled upon?  If so, what are they for the extra bucks or did i miss that discussion?  Thanks

$88 goes to Active components. Now we have several good candidates and already announced in Geek Force forum. Sorry that there are so many forums out there, I hardly have the chance to post every where... :wink:

OPA1612 and MUISE02 seems the top match now. 

Enjoy!

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,440 of 13,800

Good idea and this is very easy to do... let me check more details... And get back soon.

Larry

You can drop the "awesomefier", line out and volume buttons from it.
It could be a huge hit around 150$, especially if it will work with smartphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back