Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 2, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #13,249 of 13,800
Big question is, why are you guys out of money?

I'll see if I can get an official answer. I could give a very rough breakdown according to my understanding of the situation, but if I get an "official" answer, I'll post that instead.

Really, if you look around the forums, you'll see the answer. (the answer that LHL gave the money to Light Harmonic is NOT accurate) Various people (including Larry and Gavin) have touched on the management and R&D issues that LHL faced.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #13,254 of 13,800
Big question is, why are you guys out of money?

Most likely spent too much money on R&D and not shipping product.
You need research grants to play around forever, with out solving problems and shipping products.

i expect if they concentrated on one product and got it going at a time they would have been fine.

Most businesses can only spend 5% of income on R&D, the rest gets eaten up by markets, overhead, materials and people to produce, ship and support a product.

Look at Schiit audio, they have grown to the 21 products in the same time Larry has been messing around, and they are on the 3rd generation of some products.

So it looks like a total management failure.

Dec 9, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #13,255 of 13,800
Most likely spent too much money on R&D and not shipping product.
You need research grants to play around forever, with out solving problems and shipping products.

i expect if they concentrated on one product and got it going at a time they would have been fine.

Most businesses can only spend 5% of income on R&D, the rest gets eaten up by markets, overhead, materials and people to produce, ship and support a product.

Look at Schiit audio, they have grown to the 21 products in the same time Larry has been messing around, and they are on the 3rd generation of some products.

So it looks like a total management failure.
Spot on, great comparison

Dec 9, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #13,256 of 13,800
They made some bad decisions and had some production issues early on with the Pulses and discovered they were in a hole.
They then decided to keep it quiet and try to dig their way out of the hole - this did not work.
After 5 years of digging said hole, they are now closer to Asia than the entrance of the hole where they started - so they are pivoting to the Asian market.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #13,257 of 13,800
They made some bad decisions and had some production issues early on with the Pulses and discovered they were in a hole.
They then decided to keep it quiet and try to dig their way out of the hole - this did not work.
After 5 years of digging said hole, they are now closer to Asia than the entrance of the hole where they started - so they are pivoting to the Asian market.

The complete redesign of the chassis in the middle of everything didn't help anything.

Dec 16, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #13,258 of 13,800
Is lh labs answering tickets? I am looking for firmware....

Edit. Thanks for the response Jarek.

While I wait for my ticket to be answered, does anyone have firmware for the pulse x infinity , new chassis, 1v5 is what I was running before.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #13,260 of 13,800
Can I check if the RCA/Balanced out are variable? Meaning can adjust the volume as I might be wanting to connect to an active speakers which has no vol. control.

Thanks
Yes, you can selecting any non-zero negative volume values

Users who are viewing this thread

Back