Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #1,246 of 13,800

Although #3 was also very cool

My least favorite one was #1

#5 all day

I like #5, but I prefer the colour scheme of #4.

i'm a fan of #5 as well. kudos to all the top 5, though. i wouldn't hate any of those designs should they win...just like #5 the most.

Yep.  

5 was my very close second

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,247 of 13,800
Group design and voting is always tough, because unless one design completely dominates the voting, a ton of people are going to be unhappy that "their" choice didn't win.  If LHlabs just put out a design, some people may not like it, but it would be much easier to accept because their was no choice.

Personally, I think 5 looks the best because it is clean, simple, and maybe even a bit boring (though it is quite close to what I would have designed for myself).  I know people wanted to keep some sort of reference to the Da Vinci in the design, but I think the Da Vinci is hideous.  Also, I don't like high contrast or two tone faceplates.  I am a bit OCD when it comes to aesthetics and don't want any single piece outside of my headphones to make too large a design statement on my desk or rack.  While I do wish they had black as an option, I think Schiit nailed it with simple, classy design.  It might bore a number of people, but I think boring is better to suit the masses and allows for more money and effort to be put into the guts of a device.  
I will say that any of the designs would work for me if they were available in black to take away the two tone look.  

Oh, and kudos to all people who submitted designs.  Wonderful that you put in the effort and shared it with the community.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,248 of 13,800
I was really torn between #1 and #5.  There are aspects of both that I like.  Regardless of what design is chosen it would be wonderful to have an option for some color choice, anodized or painted (powder coat please).

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,250 of 13,800
Has anyone gotten an end of campaign survey?
Has LH done any pre-production demos?
I am hoping this amp will be a proper match for my new LCD-XCs (my current Asgard isn't)

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,252 of 13,800
  Group design and voting is always tough, because unless one design completely dominates the voting, a ton of people are going to be unhappy that "their" choice didn't win.  If LHlabs just put out a design, some people may not like it, but it would be much easier to accept because their was no choice.

Personally, I think 5 looks the best because it is clean, simple, and maybe even a bit boring (though it is quite close to what I would have designed for myself).  I know people wanted to keep some sort of reference to the Da Vinci in the design, but I think the Da Vinci is hideous.

looks like #5 is starting to pull away as the overwhelming favorite (and "overwhelming" in this case is about 50% of the total vote).

and i agree that the da vinci is "hideous"...i guess if you can afford a DAC like that, you want it to, um, stand out.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,255 of 13,800
looks like #5 is starting to pull away as the overwhelming favorite (and "overwhelming" in this case is about 50% of the total vote).

and i agree that the da vinci is "hideous"...i guess if you can afford a DAC like that, you want it to, um, stand out.

Yeah, not looking like much of a race now, #5 has a commanding lead.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,256 of 13,800
As I just missed out on the 1500 $ bonus, I am curious as to what it was. So I  know if I can relax or kill myself....
confused.gif
 Could someone please tell what it was?

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,257 of 13,800
  As I just missed out on the 1500 $ bonus, I am curious as to what it was. So I  know if I can relax or kill myself....
confused.gif
 Could someone please tell what it was?

same here, i coulda bought one more thing, like $90 something , i just said enough is enough, and now i wonder.........

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,259 of 13,800
  From the looks of it, there's a private thread for people who contributed over $1500. That said, there are many people who did contribute over that number still can't view that sub-forum. Honestly I'd just relax if I were you. I doubt you're missing out on much. I spent more and I'm still "missing out." :p

i am one of the "300", i guess that's something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back