Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #1,201 of 13,800
For those who does not frequent the Geek Force forum.
Here are the latest I submitted (sorry its long).

They will be setting up a voting system. So if you own a Geek Pulse and would like to participate, register there and vote.

(A)  Black is Black                                                                        (B) Balck is Black V 

(C)  Black with embossed V                                                         (D) Satin Aluminum V 

(E) All Black V - Integ. Feet                                                          (F) Satin Aluminum V - Integ. Feet

(G) Carbon Fiber                                                                          (H) Perforated Steel

(I) Perforated Steel w/ Feet (to be decided what)

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #1,202 of 13,800
Very nice Mickey,

However, I do prefer this one most, but I do like your Black is Black as well :p

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,203 of 13,800
We're here to share what we can...
biggrin.gif

Vitto is the real artist, I am just good in computers.

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,205 of 13,800

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #1,208 of 13,800
  Updated...

I like these, particularly this one much better with the more subdued logo.  Big script just doesn't look good to me on an audio device.  I think Audio-gd would look 100% better if they just changed the font on their logo and labels.  

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,209 of 13,800
Just a quick update for anyone who may be on the fence about upgrading to the LPS4 like I was.

Quote: Cor
 I'm also still curious if the OFC transformer alone in LPS 4 makes it worth the upgrade? Will the special transformer result in cleaner power than LPS?

Quote: Larry Ho
It will be... but you need some good DAC like Geek Pulse to start hearing some difference. Transformer is hard to simulate in computer model and testing results varies in different AC input situation. Human ears seems fit here best!  :)

So it looks like there is a benefit to upgrading to the LPS4 if you have a fully upgraded Pulse X/S but maybe not as much of one if you're using the entry level version. With only 2 days left in the campaign there's not much time left to decide. Good luck all!

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #1,210 of 13,800
  Just a quick update for anyone who may be on the fence about upgrading to the LPS4 like I was.

So it looks like there is a benefit to upgrading to the LPS4 if you have a fully upgraded Pulse X/S but maybe not as much of one if you're using the entry level version. With only 2 days left in the campaign there's not much time left to decide. Good luck all!

... Damn you...

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,214 of 13,800
On LPS4 upgrade,,,

I am still waiting news for the MUSE7001s...

But its just too big (LPS4) on my desktop. Or else, I need to move away something. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #1,215 of 13,800
  It also looks like the femto clocks have sold out once again. I doubt with only 62 hours left that they'll petition Crystek to get more so they may be gone for good.

this was one upgrade i decided against. i think the amount of jitter in the standard DAC is more than low enough to be undetectable - at least by me. of course, YMMV...still on the fence about whether to spring for the LPS4...i guess i have a couple more days to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back