Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #11,071 of 13,800
Have you tried other browsers? How about using your browser prior JRiver?

When in chrome browser (say while playing YouTube) check sound mixer by clicking the speaker icon.

OR if not, Control Panel, Flash Player, Advanced Tab, Delete All browsing data and settings.

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #11,072 of 13,800
  Hey I followed this guide and now I have no sound from my browser, media players. The windows default setting says it's LG geekPulse labs, but it doesn't show anything being played even when I am playing stuff in jriver (which sounds fine only there). Can you tell me how to fix this?

What version of the driver did you install? What version of Windows are you using?

What is the full name of the Audio Device you are selecting in the JRiver settings?

Try uninstalling the driver, reboot the computer, and reinstall the driver just in case it did not initialize properly. Then power the Pulse off, then back on.

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #11,073 of 13,800
Anyone else have trouble with the volume control? On my standard pulse it doesn't work sometimes. It'll change the level on the screen but what I hear isn't changing. It tends to happen when I switch between that and my speakers in windows so it seems like a software issue.

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #11,074 of 13,800
Anyone else have trouble with the volume control? On my standard pulse it doesn't work sometimes. It'll change the level on the screen but what I hear isn't changing. It tends to happen when I switch between that and my speakers in windows so it seems like a software issue.

I had this happen once when I had swapped dacs in my system. When the Infinity was reinstalled it was not recognized by my computer. I swapped from USB to SPDIF several times and then rebooted the Dac. Then rebooted the computer.
The Dac was recognized, but the volume was showing as working, but did not change.
Cycled power to the Dac and it started to work again.
I had another episode where I selected Integer mode in my playback software. Then reset sampling to 44.1/16. When swapped back to 96/24 it was all fouled up. This was definitely software. Cycling power to the Infinity and the Mac Mini has reset any issues. They have always occurred when changing settings.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #11,075 of 13,800
Wow...I have not been on the LHLabs forums since fall of last year until today. Seems they really have self-immolated...there are NO users presently logged in! Anyway, I figured it might be more useful if I asked my question here. I have a standard Pulse DAC and I just purchased a small touch screen Windows 10 PC (PiPo x9) to use as a music player. I am using MediaMonkey with the output set to ASIO and it sounds great! I only have one issue: If I start playing an album that is 16/44.1 it plays great. If I then try to play a 24/96 or 24/192 album, it is all distorted, like the bit depth or sample rate is not correct. The DAC display shows the correct sample rate. If I skip ahead a track and then skip back the whole album will play fine. I can then play another album in any format and playback will be fine. It seems this only happens when going from playing 16/44.1 to 24/96 or 24/192. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm not sure if it's the DAC or MediaMonkey that's causing the problem. Internet searches have not turned up anything.

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #11,076 of 13,800
Does Media Monkey change the sampling automatically? If not you might have to manually change settings. I use a Mac with amarra and it automatically change the computer sampling audio setttings. Not sure how it works on a PC. sorry

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #11,077 of 13,800
  Wow...I have not been on the LHLabs forums since fall of last year until today. Seems they really have self-immolated...there are NO users presently logged in! Anyway, I figured it might be more useful if I asked my question here. I have a standard Pulse DAC and I just purchased a small touch screen Windows 10 PC (PiPo x9) to use as a music player. I am using MediaMonkey with the output set to ASIO and it sounds great! I only have one issue: If I start playing an album that is 16/44.1 it plays great. If I then try to play a 24/96 or 24/192 album, it is all distorted, like the bit depth or sample rate is not correct. The DAC display shows the correct sample rate. If I skip ahead a track and then skip back the whole album will play fine. I can then play another album in any format and playback will be fine. It seems this only happens when going from playing 16/44.1 to 24/96 or 24/192. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm not sure if it's the DAC or MediaMonkey that's causing the problem. Internet searches have not turned up anything.

Thanks!

That sounds like an old firmware issue if I remember correctly. If you open the Light Harmonic Control Panel and go to the Info tab, what is the full name of the Pulse listed, and the firmware version?

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #11,078 of 13,800
Does Media Monkey change the sampling automatically? If not you might have to manually change settings. I use a Mac with amarra and it automatically change the computer sampling audio setttings. Not sure how it works on a PC. sorry

Does anyone else know the deal about this auto sampling rate switch in Windows 10, or more importantly 2012 R2? 

I've never been able to just "set it and forget it", but I've also never looked into the auto sampling rate switch before. At least with the LH Labs control panel I can see that the Windows sampling rate is set at a certain number, and no matter what the sampling rate is on the playlist, it doesn't change on the DAC. So, since I've got some high resolution stuff, I'd like that to auto switch to the native sampling rate of the song. How's that work or what do I need to make it happen? 

I currently use Fubar2000 as my player, but I'm open to other options such as JRiver. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #11,079 of 13,800
install wasapi support for foobar and enable it
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #11,080 of 13,800
I'm having issues with my Pulse infinity and a Salas SSLV1.1 BIB shunt regulated 12V supply. The two of them just won't play nice together, the reg dropping voltage to around 7.6V when plugged into the Pulse.

The Salas supply is fine into dummy loads of up to 1.2A and the maximum draw of my Pulse is only 925ma, so has anyone else had issues with any linear supplies other than the LH Labs LPS? 

Thanks.

Edit; Should have mentioned that the Pulse works OK with the SMPS wall plug and also with a basic LM317 linear supply.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #11,081 of 13,800
Trying a PM to Larry....
Hopefully I can get an RMA for my Pulse Xfi.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #11,082 of 13,800
I have given up hope that my infinity will ever be shipped. For two years I have been without a good DAC thinking it will ship in a few months so there is no point in buying something temporary.
Yggy time.

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #11,084 of 13,800
Yep. Every time it is one or two months from being shipped since last June. Original purchase was in 2013(UK)

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #11,085 of 13,800
Yep. Every time it is one or two months from being shipped since last June. Original purchase was in 2013(UK)

My original purchase was mid Dec 2013 (USA). Have been told a number of times it will be days to ship. A month ago I was told it was on the listening bench nearly ready to assemble. Now once again being told it will be up to another 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back