Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #962 of 13,800
Honestly, I'll pass on these. LPS it is then.

They will not quit until they've sucked your wallet bone dry!

It's a good marketing tool, but I'm not in the market for it.

Yes, our device does 24/192, BUT the standard cable doesn't do it justice. Therefore we can offer you this specially-designed cable.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #963 of 13,800
In fairness I think they said that cable was for systems over $50k, which for me, personally, makes my eyebrows explode.

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #965 of 13,800
@ LPS
Why is the LPS's scheduled shipment date in May 2014 with the holiday payment option (3 payments, $299 total), but June 2014 with the normal, single payment option?
Is this a typo, or is this done on purpose?

Sorry this is a mistake. We will synchronize all shipping of LPS in one batch. Now schedule at May 2014.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #967 of 13,800
charlie there's going to be a post indiegogo survey sent out I think.  once the indiegogo campaign ends.  and then larry ho will parachute onto the roof of your house and hand solder the amp on your dining room table.  one of these things is true

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #969 of 13,800

I'm also planning on using this with my Audeze LCD-2's. I currently use a Burson Conductor, but I want to get a 2nd amp for my computer with the Burson being my main listening amp. I am also curious to know if the Pulse will power the LCD-2's sufficiently as I don't recall the power output every being discussed in this thread.

I was watching the video and looked on the indiegogo website and it will have a 3 watt  headphone amp. Are you aware if that mean 3 watts per-channel or for both?

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #970 of 13,800
Hey guys, I just got the holiday geek pulse special and I have one quick question. Which of the perks would give me the biggest upgrade? Femto clock, or Geek pulse S. Or is it worth it to upgrade both? I don't have a balanced system so X is out of the question and I'm not interested in LPS.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #971 of 13,800
I'm too lazy to find the post for you but larry basically said these are the improvements from the upgrades in order of biggest change to smallest
Geek Pulse X/S
Femto
LPS
Active components
Passive components

but my friend who is an amateur amp/dac designer suggested the LPS will make a bigger difference than anything else in a system that is otherwise well designed.. so there you go.. two opinions.  Also my opinion is that if you can afford the S you may as well get the X, it contains BOTH types of ports and is only 20 bux more.. that way if you upgrade other stuff in the future you can use the xlr ports

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #973 of 13,800
  I'm too lazy to find the post for you but larry basically said these are the improvements from the upgrades in order of biggest change to smallest
Geek Pulse X/S
Femto
LPS
Active components
Passive components

but my friend who is an amateur amp/dac designer suggested the LPS will make a bigger difference than anything else in a system that is otherwise well designed.. so there you go.. two opinions.  Also my opinion is that if you can afford the S you may as well get the X, it contains BOTH types of ports and is only 20 bux more.. that way if you upgrade other stuff in the future you can use the xlr ports

Wait so does the geek pulse x have all the same inputs and outputs as the S?

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #974 of 13,800
That's cool, some good deals on cables, although that USB one for $699 makes my eyebrows raise right off of my head

And the sound quality coming from that $699 USB cable will singe the hairs as they come off too!  
L3000.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #975 of 13,800
Here's what the plain geek pulse and the S have:
Inputs:
coax spdif
coax spidf #2
optical toslink
usb
outputs: 
rca out on back
1/4" headphone out on front
optical toslink on back

the X has:
Inputs:
coax spdif
aes/ebu
optical toslink
usb
outputs:
rca out on back
dual 3 pin xlr on back
1/4" headphone out on front
4 pin XLR out on front
optical toslink on back

so if you get the X you can still use your single ended equipment but you also have the option of using balanced xlr equipment in the future..  I'm pretty sure that's right, maybe someone else can verify my listing of ports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back