Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 25, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,971 of 13,800
George,

Are you on a mobile device? If so, what browser?  

I just tried to duplicate your issue utilizing an iPhone6 & Samsung S4 in Safari & Chrome.....

Hi Casey,

Yes iPhone 6+ on Safari and iOS 8.1.1. I believe there's a bug hence my highlighting to you guys. Normally the Unsubscribe is there.

George

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #2,972 of 13,800
Casey, I think he's referring to the IGG newsletters containing project updates.

George - If you are referring to the emails from IndieGogo with project updates, go to IndieGogo, log in, and click on your name in the top right corner before going to My Campaigns. Unfollow the projects you don't want.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #2,973 of 13,800
  Wait....so....according to this

We need one for each passive speaker ? And it cost $719/piece even with GFO ? Need 1440$ to drive a pair of speaker ?
....dang....

Yeah, the Emotive XPA-1 (1000W @4ohm & 60W class A $850/piece) & XPA-1L (500W @4ohm - $475/piece 1st 35w class A) give these some serious competition... 

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #2,976 of 13,800
  Casey, I think he's referring to the IGG newsletters containing project updates.

George - If you are referring to the emails from IndieGogo with project updates, go to IndieGogo, log in, and click on your name in the top right corner before going to My Campaigns. Unfollow the projects you don't want.

@Verloren - the emails are from "Geek Temple". In any event, I've logged into IGG and go to My Campaigns and unfollowed everything. The problem with that is that now I have to log in to IGG to keep an eye on what's happening. In my view LH is using the IGG "follow" feature wrongly. They should use it to announce a news item but not use that for people's comments on it. For example before this, there was Gavin's "Unhappiness" news and I received a flood of emails from Geek Temple.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #2,977 of 13,800

@Verloren - the emails are from "Geek Temple". In any event, I've logged into IGG and go to My Campaigns and unfollowed everything. The problem with that is that now I have to log in to IGG to keep an eye on what's happening. In my view LH is using the IGG "follow" feature wrongly. They should use it to announce a news item but not use that for people's comments on it. For example before this, there was Gavin's "Unhappiness" news and I received a flood of emails from Geek Temple.

Then it's probably the forums.

Profile > Subscriptions tab.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #2,978 of 13,800
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL0TTnJfDYs[/video]

So..........................................................the power leg is useless after the handshake. T_T
Why would someone, such as myself, want the 2G cable instead of the 1G then? The 1G would actually require "less" cables in the end since the power cable can just be removed completely from the system instead of having some cable dangle off the edge of the table or whatnot. >.>

If this is the case, is there a point to having the iFi iUSB Power in this setup since the power leg is only needed for the initial handshake, and nothing else?
Here's a "split" LightSpeed cable that someone had at a local Head-Fi meet:

I'm still confused as to how a "split" cable is setup in a PC/Pulse/LPS rig.
Where do the two Type A connectors of the "split" cable go? One goes into the PC, the other goes into...?

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #2,979 of 13,800
So..........................................................the power leg is useless after the handshake. T_T
Why would someone, such as myself, want the 2G cable instead of the 1G then? The 1G would actually require "less" cables in the end since the power cable can just be removed completely from the system instead of having some cable dangle off the edge of the table or whatnot. >.>

If this is the case, is there a point to having the iFi iPurifier in this setup since the power leg is only needed for the initial handshake, and nothing else?

Not EVERY USB DAC could play this trick... :wink:

Geek Pulse is perfectly working in this mode because we tested it. I can not guarantee the rest... 

Also, LS 2G will give you a isolated data leg which tested in DOUBLE speed. This is not available in LS 1G. 

Enjoy!

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #2,980 of 13,800
Not EVERY USB DAC could play this trick... :wink:

Geek Pulse is perfectly working in this mode because we tested it. I can not guarantee the rest... 

Also, LS 2G will give you a isolated data leg which tested in DOUBLE speed. This is not available in LS 1G. 

Enjoy!

Hi Larry, thanks for the quick reply. So is the connection dependent on the USB DAC's XMOS (or similar) interface, or is it something else? From what Gavin said in the video about the handshake, it sounded like it could apply for any DAC, but I could be mistaken.

This might be a stupid question to ask, but can one use the LightSpeed cables for normal data transfer (e.g. from my computer to a hard drive) and if so, does the bandwidth of the cable matter in this case?

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #2,981 of 13,800
miceblue I told you so :p

This is how I understand it..  You can use that lightspeed 2g cable on other dacs that are able to cope with the data leg being disconnected after the initial handshake and that will free you from dc noise from the pc..some dacs can't cope with it though and wont' function.  but since your lps already isolates the geek pulse from the pcs noisy power it's of less use in that application.. but you do still get to take advantage of the nice 2g cable in the data leg I guess so it still has some advantage

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #2,983 of 13,800

I'm keeping by Pulse Xfi, and will triple-stack it with LPS4 and GTB so the footprint remains small.  I've also ordered a Soul Xfi for my home system, and thinking about getting a GTB and LPS4 for there as well.

There are several differences between a switching and a linear power supply, and even though the switcher may be operating at a frequency well above human hearing, there are harmonics and EMI that can affect the unit it's driving as well as other components connected to the same AC power.  The linear is about 10,000 times "quieter."  Also, think about headroom (yeah, power supplies need it, too) -- for an instantaneous 50% change in power draw (not uncommon for audio amps), the switcher will take as much as 3 milliseconds to recover the drop in voltage (like adding one cycle of a 300 Hz tone every time your player is called on to boom the bass), while the linear will recover in about 50 microseconds (can't hear that).

damn, now I I feel intense switching power supply inferiority complex.. you know ncore monoblock power amps use switching power supplies and no one says those are bad :p

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #2,984 of 13,800

Hey George,

If you're looking for the unsubscribe button, you'll find a variety of options.  Here are some screenshots for your reference.  If you have further issues with this please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

The very top of the thread:

The bottom of the thread:

And finally, there is also information on how to unsubscribe in the body of the email you received:

Any of those options include an LPS and/or Tube Stage buffering?

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #2,985 of 13,800
  Any of those options include an LPS and/or Tube Stage buffering?

The BF sales?

From page 196

GFO GTB Single Ended $599

This perk is for members of our Geek Force Only (that’s what “GFO” means). If you’re not a member of the Geek Force, you’re not entitled to this special price. Membership is easy and FREE: just register on lhlabs.com. That’s it! This perk is for a new Geek Tube Buffer (GTB) that works with Geek Pulse DAC, outfitting it with a single ended tube buffer output stage. The warmth of tube audio in a desktop size footprint (MSRP $998). We’ll invoice you separately for shipping.

GFO GTB Balanced $869

This perk is for members of our Geek Force Only (that’s what “GFO” means). If you’re not a member of the Geek Force, you’re not entitled to this special price. Membership is easy and FREE: just register on lhlabs.com. That’s it! This perk is for a new Geek Tube Buffer that works with Geek Pulse DAC, outfitting it with a balanced tube buffer output stage. The warmth of tube audio in a desktop size footprint (MSRP $1,448). We’ll invoice you separately for shipping.

GTB Single Ended Payment Plan $212

This perk is an add-on to Geek Pulse, outfitting it with a single ended tube buffer stage. The warmth of tube audio in a desktop size footprint. First payment of $212 followed by two additional monthly payments of $212. We’ll invoice you separately for shipping.

GTB Balanced Payment Plan $297

This perk is an add-on to Geek Pulse, outfitting it with a balanced tube buffer stage. The warmth of tube audio in a desktop size footprint. We’ll invoice you separately for shipping. First payment of $297 followed by two additional monthly payments of $297. We’ll invoice you separately for shipping.

Only options are tube buffers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back