Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #2,281 of 13,800
@miceblue Thanks. Given the kinds of criticism I (and Head-Fi) receives about groups of people who are fans of a company or product and their behaviour, it was interesting to be on the other end of that. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,282 of 13,800
I find that in many cases people are not accustomed to waiting for either new gear or custom gear. We are used to walking into a store and walking out with what we want. Waiting through development and beta testing (in the case of a crowd funded product) or waiting for something to be built like a custom amp or cable causes a lot of frustration for some people. Emotions get frayed and off to the troll races we go. 

One of the challenges with Forums. Has been since forever......

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #2,283 of 13,800
  "[My] very early impressions were that the extension (treble to bass) was good... and evenly presented. Instrument separation was obvious and vocals were rich. Soundstage was actually a bit wider than I expected, which was a nice bonus." - J Exby, Geek Pulse backer"

In their Indiegogo campaign, they're quoting someone who has -58 karma in their own forum!  
biggrin.gif

Hey labjr, back off my -58 karma man.  
biggrin.gif

I wear it as a badge of honor, knowing that while trying to reign in the insanity of rebooted/combo/piggyback campaigns,
or chastising fan-boys for their non-sensical over-rah-rah of every perk just to rack up their posting count, or to call out the lack of LH support in the early days, or confusing perk information as it related to audio-improvement - yah it ruffled feathers.  I'm good with that.
if other users want to ding me for not having an pro-bias agenda or asking for real improvement, info or details- so be it.

online bbs karma ranking is another not-super-hugely-relevant to real life metric, and I've got thick skin.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #2,284 of 13,800
I'm pretty sure it's just karma trolls paTROLLING the forums. I myself have -47 karma points at the moment, maybe -48 by now, but those points really don't matter in the LH forums unlike other online forums I've seen.

miceblue,
i'll start giving you more negative karma points starting tonight, and we can race to the bottom together!
ha!
L3000.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #2,285 of 13,800

I'm pretty sure it's just karma trolls paTROLLING the forums. I myself have -47 karma points at the moment, maybe -48 by now, but those points really don't matter in the LH forums unlike other online forums I've seen.

miceblue,
i'll start giving you more negative karma points starting tonight, and we can race to the bottom together!
ha!
L3000.gif

I'll let you guys race...I am busy...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #2,286 of 13,800

I can assure you that we don't ever "slam" or "smear" anyones karma or credibility on our forum.  That specific user is actually an incredibly nice guy that our team had the pleasure of meeting at RMAF.  The assumptions you're making are completely out of line with our ethics and code of conduct at LH Labs.

Casey is just tossing out compliments since I measured equally as tall as his own bad self while watching amp+speaker demos in the LH room at RMAF.
kept the possibility of fisticuffs to a draw.   
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

ha!

seriously tho, at RMAF brought my HE-560, balanced cable and spent a good while at the Pulse Xfi table.  fiddling with features and adjustments, as much as trying to hear sonic details in a busy and loud space.
after what I could discern, and more importantly that I couldn't hear any aspect "lacking" I am once again re-energized for the Pulse Xfi arrival.

some folks aren't keen on the "Sabre chip sound", either maybe I can't detect it or Larry H has tweaked sufficiently that it doesn't exist in the Pulse lineup.....
more experienced ears than mine listening to Pulse Xfi in the coming weeks/months will make for great reviews and comparisons IMO.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2,287 of 13,800
  I'll let you guys race...I am busy...
evil_smiley.gif

dude you are KILLING me.  get that review going ASAP, even if it only comes in short chapters at first!
popcorn.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #2,290 of 13,800
Yes they are still going to produce the Geek Pulse Sfi but only for people who backed it in the first campaign, it won't be for later retail sale.  the ones that got dropped were the half upgraded ones.. the models with only femto or only opamp upgrades, and the regular geek pulse S

I can see the classified ads that will go up in the year 2025 now:  RARE Geek Pulse SFI limited edition only a few of these were produced, legendary amp designer larry ho's only balanced single ended design from 3 years before he died in the Mutant Wars

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #2,291 of 13,800
  Yes they are still going to produce the Geek Pulse Sfi but only for people who backed it in the first campaign, it won't be for later retail sale.  the ones that got dropped were the half upgraded ones.. the models with only femto or only opamp upgrades, and the regular geek pulse S

I can see the classified ads that will go up in the year 2025 now:  RARE Geek Pulse SFI limited edition only a few of these were produced, legendary amp designer larry ho's only balanced single ended design from 3 years before he died in the Mutant Wars

LOL!!!!!!

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #2,292 of 13,800
Hi guys:

Is Carlos (or Manny) still sending individual emails to Pulse backers? I have a Pulse X/f/i but no mail yet. I have asked that question to them but would like to get your feedback. Thanks.

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #2,293 of 13,800
what kind of email?  the xfi is definitely being made so he wouldn't ask you to upgrade your model...
longbowbbs maybe you can tell us.. is there an option for fixed output for rca/xlr so you can use geek pulse as a pure dac or do you have to just put volume to 100% if you're using it as a dac only?

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #2,295 of 13,800
  The Geek Pulse is in the wild!  The Pulse X-fi with the Linear Power supply. review will be up on Headphone.guru next week.

is this the version after RMAF, when Larry applied some modification to add more weight in the bottom end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back