Gap Free Playback vs. Non GFP
Jun 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #32 of 40
+1 for gapless playback
etysmile.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Samsung YP-Z5 also does gap-less with the latest firm-ware. I really noticed the switch when the function became available - it was possible to listed to ELP's Pictures at an Exhibition again!

I've read mixed reports on the Z5. How good was the gapless on that? Is it indistinguishable from the source CD?

Just curious.

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont see the big deal with gapless....even with live concerts or what not. Unless the gap is mid-song its no big deal at least to me. I guess im lucky I dont have that peeve
biggrin.gif

That's the whole thing. The Gap is mid song. Gapless albums are just one long song cut down into tracks.

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #35 of 40
I didn't see it linked in this thread, though I'm guessing most of the pro-gapless crowd has already seen it: http://pretentiousname.com/mp3players/index.html

It's a very informative write-up about gapless playback by Leo Davidson. He added some updates in November covering the iPod's newfound gaplessness as well as the vibez. Check it out.

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 65535 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I like a gap because it give some time to get ready for different music and styles. Gapless just isn't something I am a big fan off anyone got reasons why they like it?

5 words: Dark Side of the Moon

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Samsung YP-Z5 also does gap-less with the latest firm-ware.

From the anecdotal comments I read online, it doesn't work. So unless I see/hear/read a valid confirmation, I will rule it out.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #38 of 40
In this day and age, there really is no excuse for not having gapless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back