Gamma-2 (γ2) DAC Thread
Nov 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #961 of 2,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the giggles I could build a σ25 using a TREAD board...

lol. But that won't integrate with the σ24...
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #964 of 2,154
a1m80t,the Box Enclosures come with self-tapping philips head screws, not torx. You don't have to tap the enclosure if you use the stock screws. If you want to use nicer socket cap screws, then you should tap the holes with actual taps, not with another screw.

EDIT: oops, I answered wrongly -- was thinking of the Hammond. Box Enclosures come with torx "tapping" screws and philips head screws. Sorry about that.

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #966 of 2,154
Is the OSR pin selectable to match input sampling rate? or is it always set to high? I was looking at the response curves for the DAC and with input sampling rate of 44.1/48K, you can set OSR to 0, Z or 1, According to information elsewhere, setting OSR to 1 turns off the internal upsampler and setting the OSR pin to low tells the DAC to apply maximum (internal) upsampling.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #974 of 2,154
Are you sure ? Lot of people, who are soldering SMD told me, that I need grounded soldering iron and some told me that I need cuprextit desk under y1/y2 PCB conected to soldering iron and to me (for example to metal watch).

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #975 of 2,154
Some parts are ESD-sensitive, but it just depends on your comfort level. I don't use such things as a grounded wrist strap or work surface and have not blown any parts yet... In a lab or production environment those things may be required by the company, but I think most of us get by without them and it's fine. Just observe some basic common sense when handling the parts, such as keeping them in the anti-static bags until you're ready to solder them, don't walk around while holding the bare parts, and touch the grounded case of a computer or other equipment before you touch the parts. That should be good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back