Gaming Headphones
May 30, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #31 of 35
a900s are circumaural. quite comfy i mite add.

May 30, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #32 of 35
okay, the next question then would be really necessary to get an amp to go along with the A900's? Keep in mind I am a gamer first and a casual music listener. I will be building a new PC in the fall so the source will probably be upgraded to the audigy 2 ZS unless there is a better recommendation for a gaming/music sound card.

cheers

May 31, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaulding
okay, the next question then would be really necessary to get an amp to go along with the A900's? Keep in mind I am a gamer first and a casual music listener. I will be building a new PC in the fall so the source will probably be upgraded to the audigy 2 ZS unless there is a better recommendation for a gaming/music sound card.

cheers

If you have an Audigy 2 there is literally no point in upgrading to the ZS, as all it adds is 7.1, which headphones are not
smily_headphones1.gif
. So, if you're sticking to headphones (which obviously, it seems you are). Best you could get out of the audigy series is the Audigy 2.

May 31, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #34 of 35
I currently have an audigy (1) xgamer ... I heard something about the ZS having better sampling or something along those lines. But, if that's not the case and my gen 1 audigy is fine then I'll stick with it.

May 31, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #35 of 35
IMO i would save up for an emu 1212 for music. and keep the audugy gamer for gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back