Galaxy S3 or S4
Sep 23, 2013 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

iamaustralian

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am currently in the market for a new smartphone which i can use as a music player. So far i am really considering getting the galaxy S3. I also found that there were two models, one of which is the i9300 and i9305 (correct me if i'm wrong). Which of these two is the better one and which has the wolfson dac? Also how would this compare to the wolfson galaxy s4? Would it be comparable to the wolfson s4 or even the US s4? I am on a budget and if the S4 isn't considerably better i'll get the S3 and no the added features in the S4 don't interest me.
Thanks

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 28
  Hi,
I am currently in the market for a new smartphone which i can use as a music player. So far i am really considering getting the galaxy S3. I also found that there were two models, one of which is the i9300 and i9305 (correct me if i'm wrong). Which of these two is the better one and which has the wolfson dac? Also how would this compare to the wolfson galaxy s4? Would it be comparable to the wolfson s4 or even the US s4? I am on a budget and if the S4 isn't considerably better i'll get the S3 and no the added features in the S4 don't interest me.
Thanks

Honestly, just get the SGS3 and a Sansa Clip+. It's tiny and sounds much better than the SGS3. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 28
I've already owned a clip+ and for some reason it just doesnt sound that great. I compared it to a previous iPod Nano 6 that i owned and that was much better than my clip. The clip sounded muddy and had poor instrument separation. It just sounded to my ears a bit dark. It was also rockboxed and still i didn't like it. So you are telling me that the clip+ has better audio quality than the SGS3 with Wolfson? 

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #8 of 28
So you think that i should stick with the clip+. If so could you tell me if your clip+ was better than the s3 straight out of the box or did you have to rockbox and tweak around with it for a bit. Also you do have the s3 i9300 right?

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 28
  So you think that i should stick with the clip+. If so could you tell me if your clip+ was better than the s3 straight out of the box or did you have to rockbox and tweak around with it for a bit. Also you do have the s3 i9300 right?

I actually don't like rockbox because it doesn't have a volume leveler thing, but the audio quality on my SGS3 is pretty crap, not that I really care of course. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #12 of 28

I actually don't like rockbox because it doesn't have a volume leveler thing

Clearly you are forgetting about ReplayGain......

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #14 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back